The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 22:44:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Transport for Wembley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transport for Wembley  (Read 7970 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #180 on: May 11, 2013, 01:41:23 am »

Let's just hope this country never needs to evacuated

Not by London Midland anyway. At least they are trying to help the situation by raising prices, all in the best interests of the paying public of course.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #181 on: May 11, 2013, 06:15:48 am »

That's not on....what's wrong with them? There must be more than 18 coaches in Britain, and there's certainly room on the motorway! They've got a week to find more.....I'm just going to go down to Sixfields and barge my way on, there must be standing room....blah blah blah!!  Wink

That's just Sixfields travel I imagine that Cobblers Travel (Trust) have sold a similar amount and then there is the Independents travel as well
Report Spam   Logged
e17

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #182 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:16 am »

Victoria line has engineering works so its a bus from walthamstow for you, 1hour journey Cheesy

I doubt it, there suppose to have finished all that nonsence on the victoria line, however, after saying that, there has been a signal fault on the line this morning!
I be there even if I have to walk though.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
GuruHD

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 13, 2013, 21:38:25 pm »

Wadey when you come off the North Circular you have to drive through quite a large industrial estate to reach the stadium and loads of the units offer parking for around £10-£15.
Its probably best to try and get there reasonably early though as they are quite popular-not surprising given the cost of official parking.
Also the official carparks are an absolute nightmare to get out of.
This is what I have done in the past when going NFL on a Sunday ,and plan on doing so again, though I am bit concerned with it being a Saturday all these places might actually be working hence not offering parking. What does anybody think?
Report Spam   Logged
ianmac55

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 13, 2013, 22:39:34 pm »

Got a return ticket NMP to EUS for Saturday for £10.60 in LM's online sale a few weeks ago. Now all I have to worry about is my match ticket arriving in the post!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2013, 10:13:41 am »

As a favour to someone i'm advertising the fact that there are the last two seats available on a mini-bus run through Grange Park Parish Council for travel to the game on Saturday, leaving GP Community Centre at 1000, price £14 per seat. Anyone interested then please PM me!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
abington_cobbler

« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2013, 12:14:37 pm »

I picked up my family railcard from castle station this morning to save queuing to get tickets before getting on train Saturday morning
Report Spam   Logged
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2013, 16:21:00 pm »

5pm:
Northampton Town ‏@ntfc now
Sixfields Travel Club have put another coach on for Wembley with 39 spaces available. Please call 01604 706401
Report Spam   Logged
Cordwainer2

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

Having already booked tickets from Long Buckby, out of curiosity I looked at Banbury. To my annoyance 2 adults and 2 kids is £10 cheaper and there are several direct trains to Wembley ! So anyone in the south of the County, go from Banbury!
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2013, 17:15:50 pm »

Thank you for your email.

Firstly, may I say a huge congratulations to your team for reaching the finals. We are all certainly very excited for you.

In terms of the arrangements for Saturday 18th May, we are still finalising the details on what we are planning to do regarding additional / altered services.

The predicted volumes of passengers wishing to travel by train next Saturday are unprecedented and we are doing all we can to ensure we are as prepared as possible for this.  We have a dedicated team looking at what resource we have (both in terms of personnel and train carriages) and what we can do to ensure we support as many fans as possible to get to the game.

We are looking at increasing capacity on services where possible and looking at if we are able to run additional services.  However, we also need to be realistic - just 10,000 people traveling from Northampton station itself, would require over 160 carriages alone which we just do not have available.  Restrictions regarding platform lengths and operational speeds mean that some services just cannot run more than 4 carriages long.  Whilst we will do everything we can to provide additional carriages, we are advising anyone who can travel from an alternative location (e.g. Wellingborough, Bicester or Milton Keynes) to consider this as there will be a greater choice of trains available.  Please be assured though that we are doing all we can to make traveling with us on Saturday as easy as possible.

I'm sorry I can't give you more concrete information at this time but would recommend you continue to keep checking online for the details.  The team working on this are still finalising the plans and the information will be made available on our website as soon as it has been agreed.

Thank you once again for taking the time to email us and I hope you have a very enjoyable day on Saturday!

Yours sincerely,

Fiona Burgin
Customer Relations Advisor

Buy tickets for any UK rail journey - with no booking fee - at www.londonmidland.com

Save a tree... Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

This email is sent subject to our email disclaimer which can be accessed online at www.londonmidland.com/disclaimer
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
LondonMidland

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 16, 2013, 03:52:28 am »

Hello all - hope you don't mind us interjecting to give you an update from London Midland.

We are still busy finding ways to add carriages to as many trains as possible from Northampton on Saturday, but we have also hired-in a number of extra trains from other operators. This will enable us to run a half-hourly non-stop service from Northampton-London from around 8am-10.30am.

We're stopping very few trains at Wembley Central as the station can't accommodate our longest trains (although Wembley Central is a good 20-25 minute walk from the stadium in any case, so it's almost as quick to go via Euston then catch the Met Line from Euston Square). Extra trains in the afternoon/evening will run half-hourly from Euston from around 4.50pm.

Much more detail is now on our website, including suggestions re: the best rail tickets to buy if you haven't already bought yours.

Good luck on Saturday!

http://www.londonmidland.com/mobile/news/latest-wembley-travel-advice-for-northampton-fans/

All the best,

David
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #191 on: May 16, 2013, 06:04:47 am »

Fair play to you LM for hunting us down.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 16, 2013, 06:32:31 am »

If it's "unprecedented" how did the rail company in "97 & '98 do it? Or, was it a mess then, too? At least London Midland have at last woken up to the need for people to actually travel on their trains. I'm surprised they didn't have the sense to plan for the possibility several weeks ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #193 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:25 am »

I am pleased that our combined efforts have appeared to make London Midland sit up and take notice. We after all are the most important component of any business. The customer. As mentioned if it is unprecedented how did 41k manage to travel before? I remember the chaos at the station but never felt in doubt about getting there.
 Bring on the chaos and the hoped for victory.
UTC
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
abington_cobbler

« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2013, 07:02:34 am »

In both 1997 and 1998 the kick off times were 1500 meaning people could leave a bit later. A 1330 kick off means people need to travel in a shorter time. It is even worse for the Bradford fans traveling by train
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2013, 08:13:03 am »

The coaches to Wembley are expected to stop at either Northampton or Watford Gap for a comfort stop (approx 45 mins) with the aim of arriving at Wembley for about 12.00 noon.
Read more at http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/wembley-travel-tickets-823569.aspx#LgS0bssqVC2pl1Bb.99

Got this from the bradford website for anyone still struggling. I'm sure they will appreciate the business as they still have spaces  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2013, 09:10:48 am »

We're stopping very few trains at Wembley Central as the station can't accommodate our longest trains (although Wembley Central is a good 20-25 minute walk from the stadium in any case
25 Minutes? I dont think so.
Fair play for posting on here, but I hope that your staff are thick skinned.

Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2013, 13:24:16 pm »

Did the transport to/from the game work or were there any horror stories or problems?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2013, 13:31:16 pm »

Did the transport to/from the game work or were there any horror stories or problems?

It was ok... We avoided the queues in Northampton by travelling to Long Buckby to get on the train. However we were delayed for about an hour in Leighton Buzzard on the 20:34 coming back because of some numpties having a fight on the train.

All in all, i thought London Midland did better than I was expecting.
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2013, 13:57:31 pm »

got to the station @ 7-15 the queue was larger than i thought but was very well organised & got the 8-05 as planned,the 19-15 back was jammed full due to it only having 4 cars instead of the planned 8 but over all very well planned a good out spoilt by the 90mins in the stadium
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: