The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 09:08:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford fan in peace

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford fan in peace  (Read 11431 times)
bantamwill

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 15:16:24 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Swansea's right winger prove to be Bradford's undoing at Wembley last time? Nathan Dyer is a bit better than Hackett, but he can deliver a cross and if he plays like he did in the first leg, then your defence is going to have a torrid time trying to deal with Bayo when he gets on the end of these crosses. Only reason he didn't score on Thursday was because Cheltenham's keeper had a blinder (played well yesterday too), otherwise Bayo could've had a hat trick. McLaughlin isn't a bad keeper, but he's nowhere near the keeper we've been up against in our semi-final, so you'd better watch out on that wide Wembley pitch...

You're correct and wrong. You're correct that they destroyed us on ring wing, BUT our left back didn't play in that game instead our very young centre back played in that game as a left back. He's only 19 and wasn't a left back.

A lot of people don't realise that our cup run squad was mostly filled with youngsters and reserve players apart from main three Wells/Hanson/Jones.

From comments on here, it seems to me that Northampton fans are quietly confident of beating us which I'm surprised about. Personally I think its 50/50.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 15:21:58 pm »

Bradford will win 2 or 3 nil and it will be a very hot day with many arrests
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 15:25:36 pm »

You're correct and wrong. You're correct that they destroyed us on ring wing, BUT our left back didn't play in that game instead our very young centre back played in that game as a left back. He's only 19 and wasn't a left back.

A lot of people don't realise that our cup run squad was mostly filled with youngsters and reserve players apart from main three Wells/Hanson/Jones.

From comments on here, it seems to me that Northampton fans are quietly confident of beating us which I'm surprised about. Personally I think its 50/50.
It is 50/50 Wink

I think everyone is aware it will be a really difficult game, but we have to be confident that we can beat you otherwise there wouldn't be a great deal to look forward to.

I also think the fact that pretty much every neutral is tipping you to win is firing us up a bit!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 16:46:45 pm »

Bradford are favourites according to the bookies. They beat us three times this season, one of those was on pens though. I reckon we'll do them. Chelts fans were saying they'll hammer us 2-3 nil at their place.

Should be a big crowd and I'm doing my best to stratch some cash together for the flight over.

However yesterday was fantastic...
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 16:50:51 pm »

Quietly confident...
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
redders69

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 17:33:09 pm »

Please don't say that haha. The thought of Bayo being on form terrifies me.

Of course I appreciated how solid your defence were. Interesting that about McGlashan, I thought he was outmuscled and when he came off for a bigger built Kaid Mohamed they started to cause some spaces down the right wing. Our right winger (Thompson, number 11) is well built and got pace. Personally I think you'll find our right winger (Thompson, no.11) harder to deal with than our pacey left winger (Reid, no.7).

What are your wingers like?

(Sorry for all the questions, I love to know my opposition to add excitement to the game)

Who's your right winger??
Report Spam   Logged

SIXFIELDS IS MY CHURCH!
heavensentcityg3nt

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 18:42:49 pm »

If I was a Bradford fan I would be worried that over forty six games we manger four more points than you which is probably the most accurate assessment of two teams.

Bayos on a bit of a draught but the good things is we got goals from all over the pitch now so don't know if you saw our game agains Cheltenham but apparently that ball is still bouncing off the net from that goal it was that precise.

Not sure if you appreciated how composed our defence was I've sent my condolences to the poor boy Mcglashans family . Hope he makes a full recovery from that humiliation. On TV aswell tut tut.

So not really worried too much.

you finished with four more points because you only played us twice in the league Smiley we have played 64 games have a fully fit sqaud - the momentum- an actual fanbase and we will bring 39k of fans not grandmas, sisters and people from neighbouring villages. Its pathetic that you could plan to take 40k and only get the attendences you get-

i know your a rugny town but our balls round sunshine- and remember Aidys a city fan- integrity my left kacker he will will want us up- i bet hes at home now wondering how to make it look like the players fault.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 18:45:56 pm »

you finished with four more points because you only played us twice in the league Smiley we have played 64 games have a fully fit sqaud - the momentum- an actual fanbase and we will bring 39k of fans not grandmas, sisters and people from neighbouring villages. Its pathetic that you could plan to take 40k and only get the attendences you get-

i know your a rugny town but our balls round sunshine- and remember Aidys a city fan- integrity my left kacker he will will want us up- i bet hes at home now wondering how to make it look like the players fault.

Got to admit I enjoyed that. Good work Gent.
Report Spam   Logged
heavensentcityg3nt

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 18:51:02 pm »

Bradford will win 2 or 3 nil and it will be a very hot day with many arrests

agreed wheres the like button
Report Spam   Logged
idlebantam

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 18:51:45 pm »

Congrats my Cobblers friends.

I have been telling Cobbler Bob for ages, we were destined to meet at Wembley.

So close to call. If we play like we did in the first leg against Burton, you will definitely win. However, if we play like we did yesterday, then its got to be us. Hanson and Wells were virtually unplayable together yesterday.

The other keys for us, are a fit Kyel Reid, and our left back James Meredith, who will both love the huge pitch down there. Andrew Davies is massive for us at the back. We tend to struggle at the back without him, as proved in the first leg against Burton, when we couldnt handle Zola without Davies due to his suspension. However, the second leg saw the return of Davies, and he had Zola in his pocket all game.

It will be interesting to see if we can set a record attendance for league 2 play-off final, which I belive is 62,000.
Report Spam   Logged
alan_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2013, 18:53:44 pm »

I just think it is going to be such a tight game. Will be a good day out for both. Quietly confident we will edge it though Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 18:55:17 pm »

Are you embarrassed then that we are only a small rugby town and we've got you scared. Shocking ain't it that a club of your size and standing could only come up 7th. Never mind m8

Did you see our goal though . That fooker weren't rugby eh!!!!!! Lol
Report Spam   Logged
heavensentcityg3nt

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 19:07:32 pm »

if you look at our season you will see that our historic last visit to Wembley saw a drop in form - its a legacy to this league that you actually finished above us- football fan to football fan you have to admit that you ar ethe most thuggish and rugby like team in the league? go on sweetheart you know its true

oh and remmebr wembley is away for you guys and your shi te away
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 19:09:08 pm »

:afroHeaven sent gent is getting in panic, by sunday week he'll be a nevous wreck, he's just finding out about the sleeping giant that is Northampton Town and its 40,000 ultras known as the shoe town army.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2013, 19:09:26 pm »

agreed wheres the like button

Seems like we're getting on pretty well, fancy a drink sometime? I reckon I could turn you into a Cobbler within 5 minutes of my ***** ***** your ***  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
abington_cobbler

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2013, 19:10:13 pm »

if you look at our season you will see that our historic last visit to Wembley saw a drop in form - its a legacy to this league that you actually finished above us- football fan to football fan you have to admit that you ar ethe most thuggish and rugby like team in the league? go on sweetheart you know its true

oh and remmebr wembley is away for you guys and your shi te away

You mean I dreamt that we won away yesterday  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
heavensentcityg3nt

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 19:13:12 pm »

Seems like we're getting on pretty well, fancy a drink sometime? I reckon I could turn you into a Cobbler within 5 minutes of my ***** ***** your ***  Kiss

you wouldnt be able to handle me your a southern queen i prefer butch sweetheart
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2013, 19:13:26 pm »

you have to admit that you ar ethe most thuggish and rugby like team in the league?

A bit like some of your fans then?
Report Spam   Logged
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2013, 19:14:52 pm »

you wouldnt be able to handle me your a southern queen i prefer butch sweetheart

Like Ur mum then!!!
Report Spam   Logged
heavensentcityg3nt

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2013, 19:15:35 pm »

:afroHeaven sent gent is getting in panic, by sunday week he'll be a nevous wreck, he's just finding out about the sleeping giant that is Northampton Town and its 40,000 ultras known as the shoe town army.

ultras what a moron it will be your wifes family and a picnic Roll Eyes that almost made my weekendf but drawing northampton rugby club deffo tops it
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: