The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 17:09:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Can we beat the highest ever L2 play off attendance?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we beat the highest ever L2 play off attendance?  (Read 15641 times)
CobblerForever

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #220 on: May 15, 2013, 12:36:45 pm »

I have my 27/5/97 ticket in front of me;

£28.00 (No Concession)

Block 123 Row 27 Seat 175

My memory is it was not the cheapest or anywhere near the most expensive and I had an excellent view of Frain's goal.

Other than that my recollection is of only being a 1/3 of the way back from the pitch and being far too far away from the actual play to feel part of the action. Decent sight lines.
Report Spam   Logged
itsallaloadofcobblers

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 15, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

WIN tickets here: http://www.footballfancast.com/league-two/win-bradford-v-northampton-npower-league-2-play-off-final-tickets
Report Spam   Logged
SeanODonovan

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 15, 2013, 13:13:01 pm »

Bradford have now selling up to noon Thursday;

"With the passing of this Wednesday's 12noon deadline, the football club and Ticket Zone are pleased to announce a twenty-four hour extension to the online and telephone ticketing service. 
Tickets for Saturday's npower League 2 Play-Off Final can now be purchased up to 12 noon tomorrow (Thursday 16 May 2013)"

Read more at http://www.bradfordcityfc.co.uk/news/article/latest-wembley-story-822803.aspx#eydf6V2ws41Pforu.99
Report Spam   Logged
Bd18

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 15, 2013, 13:22:49 pm »

We have extended our sales online & phone for 24 hours through our ticketing partner ticket zone until 12pm tomorrow. There is also a limited no in the ticket office now.

I'm glad they give the option of buying over the counter as its just come to light loads of our fans have had fraudulent transactions on their credit cards this week since using ticket zone, if I hadn't already got mine I certainly wouldn't risk buying one through them.
Very surprised the club have extended the use of ticket zone knowing what they now know
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 13:37:37 pm by Bd18 » Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #224 on: May 15, 2013, 13:47:27 pm »

just been down to sixfields to get some official stuff and was told we've sold over 22k now. Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 15, 2013, 14:12:09 pm »

Expect about 23-24,000 tickets sold by 8pm tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 15, 2013, 14:17:23 pm »

Looking good for a 50,000+ total crowd.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #227 on: May 15, 2013, 14:20:31 pm »

47,865 I reckon.....  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 15, 2013, 14:20:59 pm »

Ok crowd sorted, pubs sorted, trains sort of sorted fingers crossed, now all we need to do is WIN! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 15, 2013, 18:56:15 pm »

47,865 I reckon.....  Wink

Hey, I was gonna say that!  Angry

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Bd18

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 15, 2013, 20:19:02 pm »

Europa league attendance tonight 46k, I think we will beat that.... Just
Report Spam   Logged
wiltedjohn

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2013, 06:25:56 am »

No.
Report Spam   Logged
Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2013, 19:50:00 pm »

Must say I am rather disappointed with how many we are taking this time. I know people say stuff like "the world has changed" and so on, but it's not often your home town club gets to Wembley, when it's a town like ours and I'd have thought more would have embraced the occasion. I'm sure that on the day there will be a fair few who are watching TV and wishing they had gone.

Unless we get mullered, of course. Then they'll turn off and go to Tesco's or something.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2013, 20:31:06 pm »

I think the key reasons why we're taking 22,000 rather than 30,000 are:
- more people have Sky than in 1997 so will take the easier option of watching it at home.
- more people seem to be Premiership glory hunters who only watch footy on TV than in those days.
- the economy & ticket prices being too high to bring in the people who might not bother otherwise.
- Franchise.
- Saints trip to Twickenham.
- we've been awful for about 4 years, and it takes time to woo back the people who have drifted away.
- not exactly helpful messages about transport.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2013, 21:08:09 pm »

I think the key reasons why we're taking 22,000 rather than 30,000 are:
- more people have Sky than in 1997 so will take the easier option of watching it at home.
- more people seem to be Premiership glory hunters who only watch footy on TV than in those days.
- the economy & ticket prices being too high to bring in the people who might not bother otherwise.
- Franchise.
- Saints trip to Twickenham.
- we've been awful for about 4 years, and it takes time to woo back the people who have drifted away.
- not exactly helpful messages about transport.

Is it 22k  Huh?- I have not seen any confirmation yet. I think it is mainly cynical apathy - like watch it on Sky etc . I think some of your reasons for the disappointing attendance is a bit fanciful.The Saints only have 8000 tickets! Economy and expense involved are probably red herrings. To my dismay my wife told me she wants to go! Yet she never goes to any Football Match. Its a bit like Agincourt when Westmoreland told Harry "Oh for 10000 more who are anow asleep in their beds" For beds think Sky.  If I remember correctly we were pretty poor prior to 1997! Personally I think that under AB we are beginning to see the beginnings of another meteoric rise up the Divisions Wink
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 21:25:06 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
sbedscobb

« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2013, 22:16:28 pm »

23000 is a huge amount, and shows we have the potential worth investing in and developing.
Those who are disappoined that we never sold all 90,000 seats ourselves, just look around at kick off, 50,000 crowd of which half will be from Northampton! And almost all proper Cobblers fans.
It'll be a proud moment to savour.
Report Spam   Logged
eieieio

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2013, 23:11:03 pm »

23000 is a huge amount, and shows we have the potential worth investing in and developing.
Those who are disappoined that we never sold all 90,000 seats ourselves, just look around at kick off, 50,000 crowd of which half will be from Northampton! And almost all proper Cobblers fans.
It'll be a proud moment to savour.

To true roll on Saturday and LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2013, 05:29:28 am »

Of the 200k+ who reside in Northampton, how many of them were born here and consider Northampton to be their 'home town'?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest170

« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2013, 06:32:41 am »

Of the 200k+ who reside in Northampton, how many of them were born here and consider Northampton to be their 'home town'?  Wink
Of the 22,000 people who are going how many no longer live in the town but still follow the club.

For any league 2 side to take 22,000+ fans is amazing. It seems low compared to other years but it is more than 4.5x our average attendance this season.

Bring on Saturday!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #239 on: May 17, 2013, 08:34:26 am »

You could play with figures as much as you like......22000 is still a decent total!

Crewe took 15000 last year.....a town just over a quarter the size of Northampton and twice as far away from Wembley.....Bradford are taking more than us yet they are a city with a much bigger population and are further away still! But then Brentford are in London, are a division higher, and are seeing sales similar to ours for their game on Sunday!

I was at the league 2 final last year, only 24000 in the ground but a great day and a good atmoshpere....there'll be twice as many tomorrow, twice as much colour, twice as much noise, it will be great.....and when we get the result we want it'll be greater still!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: