The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 00:24:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What time train from Northampton on Saturday?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What time train from Northampton on Saturday?  (Read 3934 times)
Cobbler78

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 11:34:50 am »

IM getting the 9.06 from MK to Euston, then probably walking to Baker Street Weatherspoons for a sausage and a pint!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 21:26:24 pm »

07.06 from Bingley to Leeds, getting picked up by Cobblers Bob then car to an undisclosed location near M25 to meet up with others then Chiltern Line to Wembley Stadium.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2013, 07:16:33 am »

Has London Meland released their plans for Saturday yet?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2013, 07:20:47 am »

I am likely to be heading straight to Wembley as my disabled friend can't access Baker Street station as there are no lifts. He is staying at him Mums in Essex so I will be meeting him somewhere in/around Wembley. I may however be tempted by Wetherspoons for a quick breakfast en route  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 07:24:28 am »

Has London Meland released their plans for Saturday yet?

No but I recieved a series of tweets from them last night... I think they are panicking and are asking people were possible to go from MK, Wellingborough or Banbury.

They did say they would let people know as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 07:38:34 am by Power Football » Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2013, 07:36:34 am »

No but I recieved a series of tweets from them last night... I think they are panicking and are asking people were possible to go from MK, Wellingborough or Banbury.

They did say they would ley people know as soon as possible.

Don't panic....

http://www.londonmidland.com/about-us/latest-news/wembley-travel-advice-for-northampton-town-fans/
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2013, 09:13:03 am »

I think a lot of people's motivation for taking the train is to include the consumption of alcohol sometime during the day. In fact, if you are not planning on drinking I wouldn't take the train!  Wink Hopefully that won't mix with people choosing to drive home from any station under the influence.

I'm driving to Uxbridge and will feel whatever emotions Saturday brings stone cold sober!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2013, 21:00:01 pm »

It would appear that LM have loaded more trains on their timetable that are stopping at Wembley.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2013, 21:55:27 pm »

It would appear that LM have loaded more trains on their timetable that are stopping at Wembley.

I don't see any extras from Northampton.....still only the 1005 and 1105 are direct. The 0947/1047 & 1147 services which start from MK are also stopping there, as are the Southern Services (which also start at MK) at 0813/0913/1013/1113. Also the 1022 and 1122 from MK are direct...but these of course are the 1005 and 1105 from Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
wiltedjohn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2013, 06:25:19 am »

07:23
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 06:53:59 am »

Update:

http://www.londonmidland.com/about-us/latest-news/latest-wembley-travel-advice-for-northampton-fans/

"Heading for Wembley on Saturday?

Trains between Northampton and London will be extremely busy on Saturday 18 May as up to 10,000 Cobblers’ fans take to the rails for their journey to Wembley for the npower League 2 Play-Off Final against Bradford City.

London Midland will be providing as much extra capacity as possible to help everyone get to the game on time. However, non-match goers are being advised to avoid London-bound trains before midday (as well as evening departures from Euston between 4.30pm-7.30pm) due to anticipated crowding.

Longer trains

Although there are 13 trains from Northampton to London between 0730-1150, they all start from Birmingham, which means many are already over half full by the time they arrive at Northampton.

Where possible, we will be attaching extra carriages to these trains at Northampton. However, we still have to provide carriages for the other 1,200 trains we run across our network on a Saturday, so not all departures from Northampton will benefit.

Extra trains

As we have limited spare carriages of our own, we have also hired a number of extra trains from other operators, including Virgin Trains.

This will allow us to run additional non-stop services from Northampton to London approximately half-hourly between 8am-10.30am, returning from Euston between 4.50pm-7.50pm. Each of these 11/12 carriage trains will be able to carry over 800 people (normal tickets will be valid).

Where am I going?

We recommend that you take the first available train to London Euston then take the Metropolitan Line from Euston Square to Wembley Park (which is adjacent to the stadium).

Wembley Central station (between Watford Junction and London Euston) is a 20-25 minute walk from the stadium, so it is quicker to travel via Euston and the Metropolitan Line. The station is also unable to accommodate our longest trains, so only a handful of London Midland services will stop there before the match. There will be no London Midland services from Wembley Central after the match, so please head for London Euston for your train home.

Arrive at the station early

Thousands of people are expected to travel from Northampton station, and since our scheduled trains are already very busy on Saturday mornings, we recommend that you arrive as early as you can. The earlier you arrive, the quicker you’ll be on your way.

Boarding controls - buy your ticket before Saturday

As with all major events, we’ll be operating a queuing system at Northampton. Only those with a valid ticket will be able to join the queue, so the best bet is to get your tickets in advance. Tickets can be bought at any ticket office or by going online and collecting them from any London Midland self-service ticket machine.

If you turn up on Saturday without a ticket (or you haven’t collected it from the ticket machine), you could end up queuing twice!

What rail ticket do I need?

The one day Travelcard (£30.70) allows a return journey from Northampton to London, plus unlimited use of tubes, trains and buses throughout London (including Wembley). It’s the best ticket if you’re heading into Euston first.

If you are travelling with children, ask for a Family Travelcard (children travel for just £1), or get a GroupSave fare (up to 50% cheaper than normal fares) if 3 or 4 of you will be travelling together all day."
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 06:55:21 am »

I like it that it is now if you are not going to football do not bother!
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2013, 06:59:46 am »

I like it that it is now if you are not going to football do not bother!

Good.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2013, 07:04:34 am »

It shows don't argue with the Cobblers Twitterati and social media warriors!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2013, 07:19:22 am »

Update:

http://www.londonmidland.com/about-us/latest-news/latest-wembley-travel-advice-for-northampton-fans/

"Heading for Wembley on Saturday?

There will be no London Midland services from Wembley Central after the match, so please head for London Euston for your train home.

Is that true? Typical they play the big "We are doing everything to help our customers" and then make us all travel into London and then out again after the match. The guy at MK station didn't tell me that when he sold me the tickets. Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2013, 07:41:20 am »

When I've done England games I've headed back from there and just changed at Watford or similar to connect through.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2013, 08:05:27 am »

If you get on an overground service going north, that will enable you to change at Watford or Harrow & Wealdstone onto a regular LM service.
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2013, 08:10:26 am »

Is that true? Typical they play the big "We are doing everything to help our customers" and then make us all travel into London and then out again after the match. The guy at MK station didn't tell me that when he sold me the tickets. Angry
I think Southern Rail will still be doing direct trains from Wembley to MK?
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2013, 08:23:34 am »

Better late than never from London Midland but no mention on which trains are singing trains?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2013, 08:29:06 am »

I think Southern Rail will still be doing direct trains from Wembley to MK?

They do this anyway as part of the regular timetable. It's an hourly train from East Croydon to MK and calls at Wembley. Downside is that it's only a 4 car train.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: