The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:55:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 90   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours  (Read 150142 times)
Gonzales

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #120 on: May 22, 2013, 12:08:42 pm »

Seeing as there doesn't appear to be much flying about in the way of actual rumours, I'm just going to list a bunch of strikers available on a free transfer.

Carlton Cole
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Rene Howe
Mathieu Manset
Calvin Zola (Has been offered terms by Burton)
Marvin Morgan
Akpo Sodje
Colin Nish

Out of those I wouldn't mind any of the top 5, but I appreciate the first two might be a bit expensive Cheesy

Aside from that, I'd love us to sign Hazma Bencherif. Remember him being Macclesfield's best player by far when they were still in League 2, just released by Notts County and miles better than Harding. Probably the defensively minded midfielder we need.
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #121 on: May 22, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »

Barry Corr from Southend is out of contract I think?
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #122 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:26 pm »

Zola - no thanks , Turned us down once and has never played two good games in a row in his life.
Corr - Please no
Manset - Dream on
Howe - i would take
Hamza bs- always liked him

Never gonna happen but Maghoma from burton would be a dream come true.
Report Spam   Logged

Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #123 on: May 22, 2013, 12:54:40 pm »

Zola - no thanks , Turned us down once and has never played two good games in a row in his life.
Corr - Please no
Manset - Dream on
Howe - i would take
Hamza bs- always liked him

Never gonna happen but Maghoma from burton would be a dream come true.

I'd say Manset is a pretty realistic signing, given he recently got released by Carlisle after whatever trouble it was he got into at Sion.

You're right about Maghoma though, would be exactly the left winger who'd propel us to automatic promotion with Hackett but Rowett seems to believe that he's headed for League 1 or possibly the Championship, and with his record I'm not surprised! Looks far too good for League 2!
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #124 on: May 22, 2013, 13:14:32 pm »

Evan Horwood, that's him, ta.
Of the strikers listed above, i'd take Marvin Morgan, even if he is a bit of a knob.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 22, 2013, 13:35:59 pm »

Of the strikers listed above, i'd take Marvin Morgan, even if he is a bit of a knob.
The same Morgan who spends all of his time promoting his Fresh Ego range of clothing?
He should fit in a treat.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #126 on: May 22, 2013, 13:44:29 pm »

Evan Horwood? Released from Hartlepool, Left Back/Midfield.
More a left back than left midfielder, would hope for somebody better
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #127 on: May 22, 2013, 14:05:03 pm »

IF Horwood is a target, perhaps its as a plan b, incase Collins leaves.
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #128 on: May 22, 2013, 15:15:56 pm »

Maghoma is quality but no chance of us getting him. Not interested in any of the other (realistic) strikers touted. Cole or Ebanks-Blake? No chance. Also I hate Marvin Morgan, ever since he "gunned down" the North Stand. Cock.

Manset is still pretty unproven. He may have torn us apart in that 4-3 reverse, but not sure what else he has done. A bit of a gamble, but there are worse options.

Isn't Bensherif a laughing stock nowadays?
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #129 on: May 22, 2013, 15:54:38 pm »

How about Enoch Showunmi? Seems to be wanted by a lot of fans who keep chanting his name.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #130 on: May 22, 2013, 16:17:27 pm »

Personally wouldn't be amazed to see us linked with Craig Beattie in our search for a striker, released by Barnet a couple of days ago.

Has been a journeyman over the past few years but prior to that he's been an effective player at a far higher level than League 2.

Was only at Barnet to try and regain some match-fitness, so wouldn't read too much into that.  Could see him bullying League 2 defences if he finds his feet and fitness.

Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 22, 2013, 16:57:09 pm »

I wouldn't take the "gunning down" celebration to heart, it had more to do with the nickname of the club he had just scored for. I'd imagine, unless Moyo and Toney are gonna be given chances, we'll be looking for around 4 forwards.....
And the Horwood thing was tweeted a month or so back by thier local journo, if memory serves.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Rodney

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 22, 2013, 20:52:19 pm »

Ebanks-Blake has a broken leg and damaged ankle ligaments.
Report Spam   Logged

After years of boredom, despair, resignation and misery, this is unbound joy.
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2013, 21:11:49 pm »

I'm bored of seeing these old lazy journey men rocking up at our club.

Go out and find a new hot prospect Aidy. I dare you...
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2013, 22:32:04 pm »

Ebanks-Blake has a broken leg and damaged ankle ligaments.

I'd have thought that would mean other teams wouldn't go near him with a barge pole, at least until January. 15 goals in a relegated side is great going given Bayo got 16. I'd rate our chances at about 1% but you can't rule it out. Wouldn't expect him to be signed straight away with his injury, if we wait until near transfer deadline then you never know, he might be getting worried that nobody will sign him and he'll end up like Aliadiere (unemployed for a year). Don't forget that we got Gabor Gypes when he was recovering from an injury, and it was clear he was too good for us, made a nice quick profit on him, could do the same with Ebanks-Blake with a bit of luck.

Obviously we have a 1% chance but nobody quite knows how much Bayo was on, combined with all the other releases and the Wembley money, not to mention if we sell Hornby in the summer...
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 22, 2013, 22:42:34 pm »

Obviously we have a 1% chance but nobody quite knows how much Bayo was on, combined with all the other releases and the Wembley money, not to mention if we sell Hornby in the summer...

If Bayo was on around £30,000 a week, then yes, we may sign Ebanks-Blake. Sadly, we're closer to the 0% mark of signing someone like him ...
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2013, 00:08:05 am »

Well if all of our experts are to be believed ( Roll Eyes), we have just saved ourselves about eight grand a week just by shelving Bayo, Robinson and Turnbull. So combine this with the Wembley money and there should be plenty in the kitty to bring in some real quality... SHOULD BE Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2013, 01:01:43 am »

If Bayo was on around £30,000 a week, then yes, we may sign Ebanks-Blake. Sadly, we're closer to the 0% mark of signing someone like him ...

I wouldn't have thought Ebanks-Blake would be on that much, but sadly you're right about the percentage Sad
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2013, 07:03:56 am »

I'm bored of seeing these old lazy journey men rocking up at our club.

Go out and find a new hot prospect Aidy. I dare you...

But then everyone on here would moan that he didn't cost any money and only has played three games and scored one goal. So by default he must be crap.  Shocked Still what's new  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2013, 07:33:50 am »

Well, there are three once-good bench-warming CFs up the road: Izale McLeod, Alan Smith and Ryan Lowe....?!

Lights blue touch paper, runs for cover....
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 90   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: