The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:47:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Rumours

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Rumours  (Read 150140 times)
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1340 on: July 25, 2013, 08:24:57 am »

AB does not set the budget, it is presented to him by DC.  I am sure there is some discussion but DC is solely responsible for it.
Report Spam   Logged
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1341 on: July 25, 2013, 08:27:42 am »

Nobody should ever be immune from criticism, including the man some of you mistakenly believe to be a messiah.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:18 am »

Are you referring to AB or DC?
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:03 am »

I see once again Aidy has shown how lack lustre he is in the transfer window by letting Purse go from right under his nose.

Experienced professionals don’t enjoy being strung along through long trail periods when its obviously that they are up to the required standard.

Oh well at least we now have one fit striker at the club…

Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: July 25, 2013, 09:19:15 am »

Get a grip some of you. I know this board is a mouthpiece for a minority of mouthy fans (myself included) but even still many of the posts in this thread seem to come from individuals with the mental capacity and reasoning of five year olds. The club has been in the lower leagues for over a hundred years and yet suddenly, despite all logic and form trends, certain fans feel they are entitled to a promotion season every year.

Not only that, they think that buying a £250 season ticket entitles them to leading say in the use of a six figure playing budget. Of course they also ignore the general economic climate which if you haven't noticed is fu*king dire with over half a million people being forced to be fed by food banks in the past year and wage cuts the worse since record began. Ignoring all this they b*tch and snipe at the work of a decent guy in Aidy Boothroyd who has transformed the club in terms of its professionalism and hint that if they don't get what they want he will be out of a job.

This despite the club giving indications that it is a state of flux with the redevelopment. I couldn't care less if David Cardoza had presented a scroll with the royal seal promising to unveil Gareth Bale in the great hall of the Guildhall. We are where we are and Aidy will be squeezing every inch of value from his budget.

We aren't entitled to a successful team year on year. When a good team comes around (like Graham Carr's side) it will soon become apparent. Untill then quit your ungrateful b*tching and moaning and try an support the powers that be that are trying their best in a very tough market.

Failing that if you are hell bent in having a say in how the club is run push for fan control of the club but I guarantee the real guutersnipes on here would never get off their arses and do that.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:20:59 am by Elad » Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:10 am »

I see once again Aidy has shown how lack lustre he is in the transfer window by letting Purse go from right under his nose.

Experienced professionals don’t enjoy being strung along through long trail periods when its obviously that they are up to the required standard.

Shocked

back to sh*t stirring again are we you little cretin.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
LDN_Loafer

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: July 25, 2013, 09:20:45 am »

Starting XI against york:

Duke

Amwankah - Tozer - Collins - Widdowson

Ishy - Carter - Deegan - Hornby - Morris

Roy

Is it just me or is that a very good side for L2 as long as Deegan and Amwankah signs with us. Add Langmead and Hackett in there and things look promising. Plus Nicholls hopefully as well after xmas.  Realistically I think we are a top striker short of giving it a good go this season. Ok there is weaknesses (Ishy, Platt) but to have every position with one of the best players in the league is a bit unrealistic.
Report Spam   Logged
Big guns

« Reply #1347 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:10 am »

No news is good news remember.  Wink

Its clear JJ is a bench striker and I feel sorry for AB because no matter what striker we will sign, he will get slated.

In AB we trust.
AB will never please everyone on this forum. Someone will always moan because they have got nothing better to do.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: July 25, 2013, 09:23:48 am »

basically if we sign a fairly well known striker the mental deficients on here will go back to trying to get their shoes on the right feet.
Report Spam   Logged

TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #1349 on: July 25, 2013, 09:25:06 am »

Shocked

Are you genuinely a f***tard?
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1350 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:41 am »

Is it just me or is that a very good side for L2 as long as Deegan and Amwankah signs with us. Add Langmead and Hackett in there and things look promising. Plus Nicholls hopefully as well after xmas.  Realistically I think we are a top striker short of giving it a good go this season. Ok there is weaknesses (Ishy, Platt) but to have every position with one of the best players in the league is a bit unrealistic.

It isn't just you. My optimism went up a lot when I saw that.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 25, 2013, 09:34:31 am »

Get a grip some of you. I know this board is a mouthpiece for a minority of mouthy fans (myself included) but even still many of the posts in this thread seem to come from individuals with the mental capacity and reasoning of five year olds. The club has been in the lower leagues for over a hundred years and yet suddenly, despite all logic and form trends, certain fans feel they are entitled to a promotion season every year.

Not only that, they think that buying a £250 season ticket entitles them to leading say in the use of a six figure playing budget. Of course they also ignore the general economic climate which if you haven't noticed is fu*king dire with over half a million people being forced to be fed by food banks in the past year and wage cuts the worse since record began. Ignoring all this they b*tch and snipe at the work of a decent guy in Aidy Boothroyd who has transformed the club in terms of its professionalism and hint that if they don't get what they want he will be out of a job.

This despite the club giving indications that it is a state of flux with the redevelopment. I couldn't care less if David Cardoza had presented a scroll with the royal seal promising to unveil Gareth Bale in the great hall of the Guildhall. We are where we are and Aidy will be squeezing every inch of value from his budget.

We aren't entitled to a successful team year on year. When a good team comes around (like Graham Carr's side) it will soon become apparent. Untill then quit your ungrateful b*tching and moaning and try an support the powers that be that are trying their best in a very tough market.

Failing that if you are hell bent in having a say in how the club is run push for fan control of the club but I guarantee the real guutersnipes on here would never get off their arses and do that.

Top post. Nothing wrong with ambition but entitlement from lower league fans is the absolute worst. We're Northampton Town ffs, with average gates in a league we've spent most of our history in. I want us to progress, and expect us to challenge the Play-Offs each year, but I don't throw my toys out the pram if we're not outspending every other bloody team in the league.

The level of whining and moaning after a Wembley season is utterly tragic. I mean, what do people expect? Nothing less than free-flowing attacking football and a title challenge? This gets misconstrued as 'just wanting the best for the club' or as showing ambition. When really it's just a childish petulant inability to cope with anything less than the best. Either grow up or go watch Man Utd in the pub like all the other goons.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:36:06 am by Carlo Corazzins Corduroy » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1352 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:05 am »

In ADB I certainly do not trust, and I predict now he won't last the season out.

With an observation like that who needs a supporter with your attitude.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1353 on: July 25, 2013, 09:59:17 am »

The Kettering local rag reports that Corby Boss Chris Plummer and Aidy had discussions about some of our players going out on loan to them, if we can't get players in how can we afford to let some out?

You do wonder if the team of last season is one of the better teams we will see for a few years as each generation sees a decent season say once a decade?

Grilling ham are having there team photo today, be interesting to see how ours will look? Would imagine it will be in the Chron next Thursday?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
guest168

« Reply #1354 on: July 25, 2013, 10:05:51 am »

yeah Carlo, just like Wigan, Swansea, Sc***horpe, Doncaster, Pboro, Coventry, Crystal Palace, WBA, Man Utd etc etc

just cos u are at one level, there is nothing wrong with ambition, it is called PROGRESS

Otherwise I assume u live in a cave and club your food to death before u eat it

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1355 on: July 25, 2013, 10:08:29 am »

................nothing wrong with that if it saves a bob or two Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1356 on: July 25, 2013, 10:17:23 am »

yeah Carlo, just like Wigan, Swansea, S****horpe, Doncaster, Pboro, Coventry, Crystal Palace, WBA, Man Utd etc etc

just cos u are at one level, there is nothing wrong with ambition, it is called PROGRESS

Are you really holding up Coventry as a model of ambition which we should try to emulate?
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 25, 2013, 10:24:33 am »

yeah Carlo, just like Wigan, Swansea, S****horpe, Doncaster, Pboro, Coventry, Crystal Palace, WBA, Man Utd etc etc

Nah mate I'm fully behind you. Buy-out the club and invest your millions, I'm chuffed you have the means to enable that sort of progression. Seriously, we're incredibly lucky we have someone like yourself who's generous enough to pour his wealth into the club. I have no qualms with that and look forward to our ascent up the divisons, love your ambition. 
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 25, 2013, 10:27:16 am »

Are you really holding up Coventry as a model of ambition which we should try to emulate?

It's fine as random here is going to absorb any debt we incur from this proposed transfer activity. Exciting times.
Report Spam   Logged
KWAPablo

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 25, 2013, 10:45:46 am »

What amazes me is the short term memories some seem to have. A little over 2 years ago we embarked on a season that would see us spending the whole time fighting relegation. 12 months ago we began praying for mid table obscurity and got a trip to Wembley. Granted the result was terrible but not one of us saw that coming at the start of the season.

This time round? I have genuine hopes for promotion. Yes, we need a striker (although I reckon O'Donovan has 20 goals in him), but there have been some definite improvements to the side. Carter for example, he shouldn't be playing in L2. Has publicly said he signed for us because of ADB. As good as Guttridge was, Carter is better. Harding, would be easy to find better than he was! Our best two defenders signed two year deals (in addition to having a very decent LB  in Widdowson), weve got a keeper who is tried and tested and will not let us down, and we have the best winger in the league in Hackett. Then there are the young talents coming through, like Hornby, Roberts, Dias, Moyo etc.

Why all the negativity???
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 90   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: