The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 05:29:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Nana Ofori-Twumasi

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nana Ofori-Twumasi  (Read 2573 times)
ytfccam

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 26, 2013, 15:45:42 pm »

Looks like we may be signing him, not sure yet, but looking at his Twitter account he had played in a friendly for us and by the sounds of it he may have already signed.

Is he any good? whats his best position? best attributes?

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

sbedscobb

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 16:52:26 pm »

Firstly congrats on your superb season and all the best mixing it with the big boys, we can only hope one day soon we'll make it to the championship.
Nana had a good start  for us and looked a decent full back in the few games he played, then he got a serious injury at AFCW and we never saw him again as he was out for 18 months!
Really hope he makes a full come back.
Try asking Peterboro fans as they saw more of him.
Report Spam   Logged
ytfccam

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 17:00:20 pm »

Thanks, been an amazing season with players who maybe are the best quality wise, but as a team the passion and team spirit was fantastic to see and it shows what can be achieved if you can get a good group of personalities together.

Webster has been outstanding this season, absolute rock and has become a real fans favourite. Young has yet to really impress, really quick but the final ball and that first touch is clearly lacking, would expect him to be released.

All the best for next season  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 17:13:37 pm »

Thanks, been an amazing season with players who maybe are the best quality wise, but as a team the passion and team spirit was fantastic to see and it shows what can be achieved if you can get a good group of personalities together.

Webster has been outstanding this season, absolute rock and has become a real fans favourite. Young has yet to really impress, really quick but the final ball and that first touch is clearly lacking, would expect him to be released.

All the best for next season  Smiley

I thought Byron Webster looked like a decent centre back when Gary Johnson first signed him but it seems that Aidy Boothroyd didn't like him. Your comments about Lewis Young just about sum up how I felt about his time here.

Good luck in the Championship, I just can't believe that the GJ that took NTFC to the brink of non league football is the same manager that took Yeovil to the Championship!
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 18:32:14 pm »

Gary Johnson has lucked out with that Paddy Madden but it won't last and his penchant for signing useless players and passengers will bite him in the arse. I'm glad Nana has gone he looked very hit and miss with us and I'm glad the last roots of Gary Johnson's time at the Cobblers are being killed off.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
marcmewordz

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 18:34:11 pm »

he's got a long name.....

is if that's what you need...

then no worries
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 19:11:36 pm »

He was a fairly average League 2 RB, was a part of the squad that almost took us to non-league but as well as being very quick he fought for every ball from what I can remember, but his positioning wasn't great. Obviously he got injured but he's probably been over his injury for at least a few months, and yet was never selected so ADB can't have rated him.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2013, 09:44:49 am »

Hello. First of all good luck to you for next season. Now for Nana, for me he was not bad at getting forward, but not so good at the back which I feel is the most important part of a defender, he did fight for every ball, but I felt that he was lacking in his defending, I thought that GJ would sign him as he thought he was a very good player. It is strange how GJ had such a torrid time at Peterboro and here, but seems to do well in the west country, ie.with you twice and also at Bristol city. The syinic in me thinks that your good fortune now is as much to do with the fact that you did not sack anyone from the management team, you just employed GJ as well, Possibly for his contacts. But as I say, that is just my judgment. I did however like Webster, good defender I felt.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 10:31:45 am »

Nana was an OK League Two full-back, but was improving all the while. I would be amazed if he could cut it in the Championship, especially after being out injured for so long. But if you see him as a long-term investment for when you could find yourselves back in League One, you could do worse for a free transfer.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 20:59:10 pm »

An average signing by probably the worst manager in our history.

How on earth Johnson does so well at Yeovil I'll never know.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 21:18:28 pm »

An average signing by probably the worst manager in our history.

How on earth Johnson does so well at Yeovil I'll never know.

You are kidding, Pat Crerand and Terry Fenwick spring to mind. We were only 4 places lower when GJ was sacked from when he started. He was condemmed by the over expectation, which he went along with, rather than the poor performance.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 11:32:38 am »

You are kidding, Pat Crerand and Terry Fenwick spring to mind. We were only 4 places lower when GJ was sacked from when he started. He was condemmed by the over expectation, which he went along with, rather than the poor performance.
Johnson took over a team with some decent players in it , he replaced Thornton with Chris Arthur , Osman with George Baldock , Harrad with Baz Savage and so on , thats why he was condemend .
    Oh and it wasn't his fault ,so he said !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Claretjug

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 11:52:54 am »

good luck to him, he could do a Kelvin.

we should just move on as players and managers do throughout their careers.

Can't wait for the new season already, hoping we play a bit more this time around and can change our away form, 6 wins will be a start.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 13:32:43 pm »

Looks like we may be signing him, not sure yet, but looking at his Twitter account he had played in a friendly for us and by the sounds of it he may have already signed.

Is he any good? whats his best position? best attributes?

Very hard to say, to be honest. He had a very shaky start with us, looked much better going forward than defending, clearly has loads of pace, had started to show signs of improvement...then got injured, must be 18 months or so ago now. He might turn out to be a Championship level defender, but for now we'd all just be guessing. Wish him well, though -seems like a really nice bloke.
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 14:14:29 pm »

Gary Johnson should still be arrested and tried for Crimes against Humanity if he ever enters Northamptonshire again.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
defender

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 14:47:15 pm »

Cry Cry Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Gary Johnson should still be arrested and tried for Crimes against Humanity if he ever enters Northamptonshire again.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2013, 21:42:39 pm »

Or indeed Cambridgeshire!!
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

He needs to stay in the west country where he belongs, also most down there have 6 fingers to our five!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 11:23:27 am »

He needs to stay in the west country where he belongs, also most down there have 6 fingers to our five!
I've got eight fingers , should I be worried ?
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 07:01:56 am »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
I've got eight fingers , should I be worried ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: