The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:14:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Your hopes and expectations for the Cobblers in 2013/14

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your hopes and expectations for the Cobblers in 2013/14  (Read 3385 times)
sbedscobb

Badges: (View All)
« on: June 01, 2013, 17:31:22 pm »

Being realisic, for me it would  be a decent cup run, resulting in a visit to a large prem club.

Another top 7 finish would be a great achievement, as in my opinion ,next season will see a much harder league than last.

A return  to Wembley for more play off action, but this time with an attack minded free scoring side, who can defend a bit.

Continuation of the excellent work being done to attract new support.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 18:04:05 pm »

My hopes are probably unobtainable with Aidy as manager. I would really like more entertaining football. I found last season a bit of a drudge culminating in a horrendous performance at the home of football.
In terms of a finishing position I do expect Aidy and his team to improve so top seven again one way or another.
Oh, and please let Lewis Hornby play every game. He's good enough and mature enough.
Looking forward to seeing the team play in the new kit as I like the design and love the fact it says 'Northampton' across the white band.
Can't wait really.
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 18:49:14 pm »

I would hope for;

A midfielder with determination to win the ball come hell or high water.
To beat Oxford home and away.
To travel to away games expecting three points.
A Saturday by the sea in August or September.
A less cold winter than last season.

I expect to de disappointed.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 19:19:25 pm »

Like Ralap I too would love to see some entertaining football. Unfortunately Its unlikely with AB in charge.
When asked who he wanted to bring in during his interview on Cobblers Player he said he was happy with the defence and mostly happy with the  midfield. Targets would be a keeper , a winger and perhaps a forward.
If Aidy's idea of a midfield is what we have now we will all probably be craning our necks again next season as the ball is hoofed up to Platty or some other big , immobile target man who is yet to sign.
Personally I was hoping for a creative midfielder , an older head to play alongside Hornby maybe and play some football on the ground occasionally. Actually build an attack instead of relying on hoof and breakaway wing play ........
Oh well , can but hope.

Report Spam   Logged
KWAPablo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 19:19:59 pm »

Ill say it then - Promotion. Automatic.

:-)
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 19:55:13 pm »

I would like to hope we can match the ambitions of fellow play off failures Cheltenham.
I have a feeling they are going to strengthen and give it a real go next year.
In my opinion they are a good bench mark to judge our ambitions next season.
I hope come the first match next season our pre season signings will compare favourably with theirs.
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 20:17:12 pm »

as most have said already some attacking football especially away wouldn't go a miss i could count the amount of times we could & should have killed teams off @ home on 2 hands but we hardley did & were left hanging on
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 20:23:48 pm »

I would like to hope we can match the ambitions of fellow play off failures Cheltenham.
I have a feeling they are going to strengthen and give it a real go next year.
They've already lost one player as Kaid Mohamed has rejected a new contract and is signing for Port Vale, I'd imagine Marlon Pack will leave too.
Report Spam   Logged
Phigar

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 20:39:36 pm »

I hope we get promoted; I expect we will, but it might not be pretty.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 22:50:30 pm »

I'm sure Winslow lee there will be lots of twists and turns before the new season kicks off.

Only then will we be able to judge whether our transfer dealings match the ambitions of our rivals.

What with increased incomings via the play offs I'd personally find it disappointing if other clubs such as Cheltenham started with a better squad than us.

I do understand though that many fans are happy to just get a side on the field and that is of course their prerogative.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 23:38:13 pm »

I have zero expectations now. It's the only way to support the cobblers. Anything else is a bonus.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 00:22:00 am »

Top 7 again would be great. Just don't want to be going backwards.
Report Spam   Logged

Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:38 am »

In line with my 3 year expectation when AB was appointed.

Year 1    Stay up 

Year 2    Continual improvement with a top 10 finish,  get rid of the deadwood left over from the GJ reign.  The basis of a decent squad.

Year 3    Promotion with a settled squad.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2013, 09:28:01 am »

For the expectations are thus. 1 to avoid relegation, . 2 To get in the play-off's again, 3 automatic promotion spot. I have been a cobblers fan long enough not to get above my self, anything better than last season is a bonus.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2013, 09:53:12 am »

Like Ralap I too would love to see some entertaining football. Unfortunately Its unlikely with AB in charge.
When asked who he wanted to bring in during his interview on Cobblers Player he said he was happy with the defence and mostly happy with the  midfield. Targets would be a keeper , a winger and perhaps a forward.
If Aidy's idea of a midfield is what we have now we will all probably be craning our necks again next season as the ball is hoofed up to Platty or some other big , immobile target man who is yet to sign.
Personally I was hoping for a creative midfielder , an older head to play alongside Hornby maybe and play some football on the ground occasionally. Actually build an attack instead of relying on hoof and breakaway wing play ........
Oh well , can but hope.

I hope that bit was a joke Huh? No perhaps about it, because if we spend most of the season with Roy O and The Tree leading the line, then we ain't gonna score enough goals to achieve anything Lips Sealed

My personal hopes are a season of attractive football which culminates in automatic promotion, and preferably the title of champions to go with it... My expectations are more hoofball and a home record which is nowhere near as impressive as this seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2013, 10:50:38 am »

We were warned that AB's style of football would mean grinding out results and that's exactly what happened last season. The notorious GJ attempted a form of entertaining football and fell flat on his face so we've got to admit to preferring results to entertainment.
I've forgiven the club for the Wembley fiasco, thinking about it Bradford used their league cup experience to full effect and every other play off final I've seen, especially for the lower divisions has started tentatively thanks to nerves from both teams.
If the first 10 results go badly next season the knives will be poised over AB's back, front and head but if we all keep our nerve I reckon we'll at least be in and around the play offs by the end of the season.
Despite the budget claims coming from the club, it's being making a profit every year for a while now which shows no more money is being pumped in.
Top ten would be a realistic goal for me.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2013, 11:16:12 am »

For me the minimum target is what it should be for every season...to improve our league position. So anything from 5th upwards will be a very good season. Play-offs will be a satisfactory season, and anything below will be underwhelming.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2013, 12:24:14 pm »

Top 3.

There's no 'money teams' in the division this season, Pompey will probably take a year or two to settle...
Report Spam   Logged
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 12:49:02 pm »

"good news is on the way". Grin
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
Big guns

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 16:12:51 pm »

I would hope for;

A midfielder with determination to win the ball come hell or high water.
To beat Oxford home and away.
To travel to away games expecting three points.
A Saturday by the sea in August or September.
A less cold winter than last season.

I expect to de disappointed.
I agree on all even more tho beating Oxford home and away, don't really fancy going to Exeter again..... Bloody speed cameras
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: