The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:32:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

It's all about Coventry.....

Poll
Question: Are you for or against sharing Sixfields with Coventry?  (Voting closed: July 10, 2013, 22:11:52 pm)
For - 43 (36.8%)
Against - 49 (41.9%)
Undecided - 25 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 104

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's all about Coventry.....  (Read 85755 times)
tcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #920 on: July 24, 2013, 17:21:15 pm »

The Cobblers should get to keep the down payment, then we could sue them for breach of contract. £1 million should just about cover it  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Get orf my Land!!

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 24, 2013, 18:58:23 pm »

...so the fact that they're 9 leagues below and have attendences of 50 AND play in red AND are called united makes this ridiculous.  Heaven forbid they play on a park !. Everyone has to begin somewhere, but the fact is (difficult thought this may be for you) they play in Coventry, and that matters to the overwhelming majority of City supporters. Once the season begins and this nightmare we are anticipating becomes a reality they will look for an alternative in their own city.

If that's bollocks then fine. I don't know which team you support but you seem to know a great deal about Coventry United so i'm guessing you are a Cov fan. If you want to support CCFC in Northampton then go ahead. I will support any alternative in Coventry. Quite frankly what league and colour they play in doesn't matter.

If you think I am deluded to suggest Coventry fans, or any fans of any club for that matter, would not follow their club under the  circumstances
(moving to another city) then I suggest you are wide of the mark. As for us returning to Coventry...are you Tim Fisher in disguise ?

Yes I am Tim Fisher in disguise...OK lets take your points, how about this, why don't you go and support an established team (1935) that plays in Sky Blue, and plays 2 leagues above COVENTRY UNITED and has a good history in Coventry and its own ground, stand and clubhouse they are called COVENTRY SPHINX FC if you need to follow a Coventry team then why not Sphinx? To come on this site and say they are in talks with the Ricoh is FOOKING RIDICULOUS - and Cov fans like you make me sick, all bluster and bolloxs, I will go to Sixfields and SUPPORT my team, and I cant wait, IF we get any success, play offs, cup run ect to see you and your ilk come running back...because any sniff of success you'll be there singing City till I die...so if you haven't got anything to add to the grown up conversation on here, why dont you fek off on to GMK or SBT with the rest of the Coventry SUPPORT - BTW Northampton is a Town.
Report Spam   Logged
Get orf my Land!!

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 24, 2013, 19:01:54 pm »

Yes I am Tim Fisher in disguise...OK lets take your points, how about this, why don't you go and support an established team (1935) that plays in Sky Blue, and plays 2 leagues above COVENTRY UNITED and has a good history in Coventry and its own ground, stand and clubhouse they are called COVENTRY SPHINX FC if you need to follow a Coventry team then why not Sphinx? To come on this site and say they are in talks with the Ricoh is FOOKING RIDICULOUS - and Cov fans like you make me sick, all bluster and bolloxs, I will go to Sixfields and SUPPORT my team, and I cant wait, IF we get any success, play offs, cup run ect to see you and your ilk come running back...because any sniff of success you'll be there singing City till I die...so if you haven't got anything to add to the grown up conversation on here, why dont you fek off on to GMK or SBT with the rest of the Coventry SUPPORT - BTW Northampton is a Town.
Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 24, 2013, 19:44:56 pm »

Thanks for informing me that Northampton is a town. I work there .

......you are obviously far, far more educated than I. It must be very diffiicult to deal with  individuals who simply won't throw insults because they can't express themselves in such a constructive way as you. You obviously know a great deal about football in general - I'm very very impressed indeed about your knowledge of my beloved home town. Just a little bit of me thinks that perhaps you might be a closet Coventry fan. Don't hold back.....come out....you'll feel better for it old chap.

Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 24, 2013, 20:01:42 pm »

and Cov fans like you make me sick, all bluster and bolloxs,

...and to know that there are others like me is something I was totally unaware of . It's very comforting. I look forward to your informed and measured response.   Wink
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 20:05:12 pm by AFC Coventry Phoenix » Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 24, 2013, 20:12:05 pm »

Finally, last ditch negotiations for CCFC to stay at the Ricoh on Friday. Mp's also involved. The 5000+ protest at the weekend obviously had an impact. Tim Fisher or Joy Seppala will not be involved however SISU will be represented by other board members. I doubt it, but this could be the light at the end of the tunnel

...apparantly Joy is quite a shy lady and doesn't like being in the public eye, according to Timothy !
Report Spam   Logged
auntie chops

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 25, 2013, 06:17:27 am »

...apparantly Joy is quite a shy lady and doesn't like being in the public eye, according to Timothy !

47 pages on and finally we get to the point of why Coventry need to stay in Coventry...
Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 25, 2013, 08:13:26 am »

47 pages on and finally we get to the point of why Coventry need to stay in Coventry...

.....thank you kindly  ! Of course, it's nothing of the kind. Timothy told us at a forum that Joy doesn't like being in the public eye, and was unlikely to talk to supporters.  Timothy is very naughty and sometimes tells lies. Joy doesn't live in Coventry, I suspect she lives in London, at least that's where her office is, though of course the commute from old London town to the match will be easier for her now. Perhaps that's why Northampton was chosen. Now I'm beginning to consider if, all along, she may well be a Cobblers fan.

Today there is a planned supporters' protest outside SISU's offices in central London. If she gets wind of it she should simply pop out and do a bit of shopping.
Report Spam   Logged
Birdpoo

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 25, 2013, 08:27:19 am »

.....thank you kindly  ! Of course, it's nothing of the kind. Timothy told us at a forum that Joy doesn't like being in the public eye, and was unlikely to talk to supporters.  Timothy is very naughty and sometimes tells lies. Joy doesn't live in Coventry, I suspect she lives in London, at least that's where her office is, though of course the commute from old London town to the match will be easier for her now. Perhaps that's why Northampton was chosen. Now I'm beginning to consider if, all along, she may well be a Cobblers fan.

Today there is a planned supporters' protest outside SISU's offices in central London. If she gets wind of it she should simply pop out and do a bit of shopping.

Please fcuk off now, you're boring the pants off of me  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 25, 2013, 08:38:59 am »

Please fcuk off now, you're boring the pants off of me  Wink

...I'm not gay so don't waste your time.
Report Spam   Logged
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 25, 2013, 08:47:32 am »

Latest pre season friendly;

Fleetwood 2 Coventry 0.....looking good.

CCFC have agreed to buy Brandon Speedway Stadium, presumably with a view to developing a football stadium. Where this leaves the Speedway , I wouldn't like to imagine. Brandon is 2 miles outside Cov, with one single road running alongside , the main Cov-Rugby rugby. This will be more difficult for most supporters than the Ricoh. I wonder what Rugby Borough Council will have to say on this (possible) development ? 
Report Spam   Logged
black_army

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #931 on: July 25, 2013, 09:17:04 am »

Having read just a few pages of this little lot, I'm so glad there's so much 'Cobblers related' stuff on here.  Huh?

Now the start of the season is upon us, can we lock this thread to make room for more relevant stuff?
Report Spam   Logged
TheEdgeyMole

« Reply #932 on: July 25, 2013, 09:18:20 am »

Agreed.

Jesus who gives a f*** about Coventry? I don't care if they've bought some land or if they lost to Fleetwood!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #933 on: July 25, 2013, 10:10:19 am »

...I'm not gay so don't waste your time.

..............are you thick as well
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 25, 2013, 11:13:38 am »

..............are you thick as well

Yes I am!

Why are so many Northampton town fans complaining about this thread "it's all about Coventry "...being about Coventry. If you're not happy about it, all the other threads are about Northampton, so you could go there. Failing that, complain to your administration. Why come on here in the first place if you're not interested in Coventry. Makes no sense whatsoever.....or are you closet Coventry supporters ?  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Birdpoo

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 25, 2013, 11:39:23 am »

Yes I am!

Why are so many Northampton town fans complaining about this thread "it's all about Coventry "...being about Coventry. If you're not happy about it, all the other threads are about Northampton, so you could go there. Failing that, complain to your administration. Why come on here in the first place if you're not interested in Coventry. Makes no sense whatsoever.....or are you closet Coventry supporters ?  Grin

Why do you feel the need to constantly update us with your irrelevant drivel? The ground rental has been agreed so you're here for the next three years (minimum). That is all that impacts our club. Most Cobblers fans couldn't give a s.h.i.t. what your long term plans are, what land SISU are looking at purchasing and who you're playing in pre-season. A growing number couldn't care less if you go under.

Those of us who actually empathised with your situation are quickly running out of patience because of the endless posts about our impending doom caused by linking up with SISU.

You are quite possibly the most annoying person to ever post on this forum (not including Everbrite and Elad)

Please, please go away Roll Eyes

Report Spam   Logged
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 25, 2013, 11:50:41 am »

Yes I am!

Don't you have your OWN forum for little titbits like friendly scores, development issues etc? I understand you came here originally for a bit of info, but to bombard another club's forum with friendly results and telling us that a Speedway track might be redeveloped, possibly for a football ground etc is pointless.

You don't want to relocate to Northampton, but you're quite happy to relocate your message board? Ridiculous!

Try http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/forums/7-Coventry-City-General-Chat?order=desc

People might actually give a Toss on there?
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 25, 2013, 11:58:39 am »

....like I said, this thread is "all about Coventry" .I mention fleetwood beating Coventry 2-0 and get a load of abuse from someone who doesn't care about Coventry. Well then simply go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

I didn't set up this thread. You need to hammer on the door of the individual that did.

As for the impending doom getting into bed with SISU... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
North_East_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 25, 2013, 12:00:25 pm »

....like I said, this thread is "all about Coventry" .I mention fleetwood beating Coventry 2-0 and get a load of abuse from someone who doesn't care about Coventry. Well then simply go elsewhere. It's not rocket science.

I didn't set up this thread. You need to hammer on the door of the individual that did.

As for the impending doom getting into bed with SISU... Grin

Tidied mate. . . . .

Northampton won their first Trophy of the season last night. A 3-1 victory against Corby.

NEXT!!!
Report Spam   Logged

5th place in the 2014 AND 2015 Grand National Sweepstake competitions. . . . .
AFC Coventry Phoenix

View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 25, 2013, 12:09:41 pm »

Tidied mate. . . . .

Northampton won their first Trophy of the season last night. A 3-1 victory against Corby.

NEXT!!!

Well done Cobblers. You must be immensely proud.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 74   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: