The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:58:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Congratulations Newport on your promotion

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congratulations Newport on your promotion  (Read 2817 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 13:00:12 pm »

I hate how much of football is so anti-customer,  from the football, the facilities, lack of value, attitude of policing and stewards, signage, customer service and of course the food

I am not saying it is easy for a second but at the same time it is not THAT difficult.

You do realize that this is one long moan and not once do you propose any solution.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 13:57:19 pm »

I offer plenty of solutions, follow what Swansea did / do for a start

Next make customer service and satisfaction (off the field) as priority

Employ knowledgable, passionate, determined staff and increase expected standards across the whole club

Provide the current non-playing staff more support and structure

I am not for one second saying that it is easy, but I know we wont achieve much without at least some of the above.

As DC says it is his club, he is fit to run it exactly how he wants, I have offered (and continue to offer) my help in anyway possible but unfortunately my ambitions / vision is not exactly shared by DC

The club is improving in many areas and there are some great people at the club, but there are also many things I would personally do differently, some of which requires funds, some that does not.

It is the easiest thing to judge others and run someone else's business or life and Mr Cardoza and his family have been far more successful than mine, I just wish I had been given the opportunity to work with him, to the benefit of all

For the record, on the playing side I would employ a young manager who wants to play attacking football and who would develop our style and team (ala Swansea). He would be given time to develop our youth and team and would not constantly be allowed to discard players to bring in new ones. The only other (non) viable way of success is to spend big and hope !

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 14:04:21 pm »

To get more entertaining football I would tweak the way points are awarded.

My favourite proposal would be No goals = No points.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2013, 14:08:49 pm »

Employ knowledgable, passionate, determined staff and increase expected standards across the whole club

I am not for one second saying that it is easy, but I know we wont achieve much without at least some of the above.

As DC says it is his club, he is fit to run it exactly how he wants, I have offered (and continue to offer) my help in anyway possible but unfortunately my ambitions / vision is not exactly shared by DC

The club is improving in many areas and there are some great people at the club, but there are also many things I would personally do differently, some of which requires funds, some that does not.

It is the easiest thing to judge others and run someone else's business or life and Mr Cardoza and his family have been far more successful than mine, I just wish I had been given the opportunity to work with him, to the benefit of all

For the record, on the playing side I would employ a young manager who wants to play attacking football and who would develop our style and team (ala Swansea). He would be given time to develop our youth and team and would not constantly be allowed to discard players to bring in new ones. The only other (non) viable way of success is to spend big and hope !

This is idealistic to a point of almost total irrelevance.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2013, 14:17:08 pm »

idealistic -  what like Swansea Huh???

idealistic in why Man U are one of the worlds top clubs??

Idealistic in why Magic Kingdom is the no 1 theme park in the world with 14 million visitors pay high price to experince

Idealistic in why Formula One produces such high levels of performance

Idealistic in why we went to the moon and safely back (in the main)

Idealistic in why Ian Holloway as taken 2 different unfancied, under funded teams to the Prem

more or less idealistic as almost every post of this forum.

More or less idealistic on any post that says we should play this player or this formation??

Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2013, 14:55:39 pm »

It's idealist because you keep referencing Swansea without any solid explanation on how they acheived their success.

"A young manager who wants to play attacking football" - they got out of League Two under Kenny Jackett, who has never imployed attacking football in any shape or form.

They then moved to a new stadium, where their attendances doubled putting them amongst the biggest clubs in League One in terms of revenue. From there they pretty much met expectations, as we are now. They then employed an ex-player who just so happened to become a top manager, hardly a club that instilled a footballing philsophy in spite of who was in charge.

So unless we manage to unearth a young, football strategist with an affliation with the club. I don't see how you can use them as a model to emulate. Crewe are the obvious example of a club that prioritises attractive football, but they're reliant on a multi-million pound academy.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2013, 15:03:08 pm »

What does that mean?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
guest168

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2013, 15:15:23 pm »

I have said on other threads on what Swansea have achieved in 10 years after being brought for £1 whilst in the bottom tier of the league football

They told the manager what style of football they wanted  - see Martinez, Rodgers, Laudrup, Souzza

They have the same backroom staff that they have had for a long time

The directors run the football club, the manager runs the first team

Of course the Liberty has played a role in their success. Not sure they expected to be where they are now, plenty of bigger clubs much less successful than them.  WBA are another good example of growth and development, although the massive funds generated by the PL helped in the early days but their progression is clear to see regarding infrastructure and stature

It isnt just about attractive football, it is about infrastructure, service and ambition.

Yeah Crewe (and Doncaster) are good models too.  

In fact there are many small clubs doing well at the minute, in all divisions.

Just a shame we are not one of them at the minute, perhaps the redevelopment will change things.

Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2013, 15:22:49 pm »

Not something i want to go into on here (i have learnt my lesson, lol) Brickowski

But in general terms, successful businesses have internal structures that assist, support and motivate staff to achieve more.

The problem is that it is hard to measure any expenditure with a direct return of investment, especially in the short-term, which I assume is why DC feels that it is better to give any potential funds to the football manager.

For the record (which DC is aware of) I would prefer us to first employ a managing director rather than a journey man centre midfielder.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2013, 17:13:59 pm »

just about the best bit of bull$hit seen on here since time began - which planet are you on? I did ask for ideas ( suitable for l2 club) not idealogical pipedreams. Also you seem to have a extraordinary high opinion of yourself "wish I had been given the opportunity to work with him, to the benefit of all".
If that is so you can always join the Board and pump in your cash.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2013, 17:22:34 pm »

just about the best bit of bull$hit seen on here since time began - which planet are you on? I did ask for ideas ( suitable for l2 club) not idealogical pipedreams. Also you seem to have a extraordinary high opinion of yourself "wish I had been given the opportunity to work with him, to the benefit of all".
If that is so you can always join the Board and pump in your cash.

Would imagine he's far too busy with his management consultancy business to get involved at board level.

Shame.  Big loss.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2013, 21:28:58 pm »

Idealistic in why Magic Kingdom is the no 1 theme park in the world with 14 million visitors pay high price to experince
Would it help if Sixfields was renamed "The Magic Kingdom"?
Report Spam   Logged

Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 21:45:00 pm »

All Random is trying to say is that we need a lot of promotions to the premier league. Done with attacking flair football. And employ loadsa new off the field staff.

I don't see why every club aren't trying this?
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2013, 08:11:45 am »

Sounds like random has submitted a public CV that had already been rejected by DC....
Gissajob.....
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest168

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2013, 08:35:01 am »

I am sorry if I wanted more for my football club and was willing to help and 'put my money where my mouth is'

For the record I have done a lot for the club already (which has been recognised by DC & others), I just feel that we could be doing more

I would be happy with the Championship (for now  Grin)

Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2013, 21:24:13 pm »

fook me, I'm bored of hearing about Graham Carr's team

I'm not and I won't be until we replace them with a new team of genuine heros. Then I'm going to bore the pants off anybody who is prepared to listen to me about them plus anyone else who is too polite to tell me to shut up about them.  Memories, great memories.  To be emulated, not forgotten about.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2013, 22:26:50 pm »

Not something i want to go into on here (i have learnt my lesson, lol) Brickowski

But in general terms, successful businesses have internal structures that assist, support and motivate staff to achieve more.

The problem is that it is hard to measure any expenditure with a direct return of investment, especially in the short-term, which I assume is why DC feels that it is better to give any potential funds to the football manager.

For the record (which DC is aware of) I would prefer us to first employ a managing director rather than a journey man centre midfielder.

Cardoza isn't a football man i.m.o. I would be content if he sold the club on after the redevelopment is done.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 09:31:20 am »

Cardoza isn't a football man i.m.o. I would be content if he sold the club on after the redevelopment is done.
Better the devil you know.
Report Spam   Logged

Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 10:30:05 am »

Well, I'd take a 'non-football man' who plugs our debts over a 'football man' that wouldn't.

Let us know when you've found this multimillionaire football strategist thats willing to waste a large proportion of his wealth on us though.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2013, 10:36:04 am »

Football clubs are purchased regularly.
The latest being port vale (who had money invested into the team and were promoted) and bury.
Fact is there ARE wealthy buyers out there who will purchase clubs.
There is however one proviso.
The club has to be on the market.
As far as I know DC has never had any intention of selling.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: