The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 07:39:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

MKDons

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MKDons  (Read 12944 times)
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #260 on: September 04, 2013, 19:49:42 pm »

Ok - but had he committed that "foul" at Northampton would the ref have sent him off ? I doubt it.
Yet more happy claptrap. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #261 on: September 04, 2013, 19:56:21 pm »

I think you've just mugged yourself right off with that one Kiss

ok - so I am wrong but still have a creeping doubt that at Npton it may well have been a yellow. I can remember a tackle by Dyche which was equally as bad but was only a Yellow.

ps - read and inwardly digest

"Excellent post, except I would take issue that Sixfields is full of doom mongers baying for blood.
 Quite ironic really given that, by their own admission, many don't even go to the games!! "
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 20:14:38 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 04, 2013, 20:04:13 pm »

Yet more happy claptrap. Cheesy

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/Clapping-Gif

there you go
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 20:07:09 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

guest1269

« Reply #263 on: September 04, 2013, 20:04:21 pm »

Stupid, reckless, ill disciplined and a hint of revenge - yes he needs to grow up, yes it was a correct red card, yes he let the team down but it was hardly a hanging offence and the suggestion by someone it was a potential leg breaker has neither played football or much idea about anatomy. it was shocking because it was deliberate and spiteful but in a season you will see worse, not so obvious and a whole lot more dangerous.
Report Spam   Logged
Luton Cobbler

« Reply #264 on: September 04, 2013, 20:09:16 pm »

As an ever present for many years both home and away I never saw a reason to come onto forums I just made up my own mind.
Since the change to Aidy and the club being stabalised I thought I would look to see whether I my opinions were similar to others and not just those close to where I sit or stand. They are or I should say were.
Most are happy with Aidy and the direction in which the club are going, yes we are having a bad time, but the team is still getting to know oneanother. Before those doubters jump on the bandwagon, YES I agree we need a striker. But the rest lets wait and see before crucifying the manager and team. And yes Ish needs to be sorted out

My point is
Why do we continually moan, groan and vent our anger in such a negative way. Yes Aidy talks the talk, but he always tries to be positive which is what I want from a manager of the club I support. You can tell he works tirelessly and is so frustrated when players let him down. I bet he would love to sack a few, but contracts do not permit that so whats he left with ? he is juggling balls so patience and support is required. The league table will tell us if he is doing a good job or not. Right now he isn't but we are 5 games in so after 20 lets take another look as I cannot see us in the bottom half, let alone bottom 3.

The fans need to be the same. support the club, manager and players.
Fortress Sixfields last season was down to the players and manager not the support. Fact we were much more supportive and vocal away from home, but were on a crazy run just like our home form.

Sixfields is full of doom mongers baying for blood their own players blood. We need the hard core back behind the goals giving it all they've got, intimidating the oppositions keeps and defence and lifting our attacks to extra heights and energy. We need to SUPPORT our team for 90mins beginning to end, then we can decide who has played well or badly, but for 90mins they need out full support.
ps to finish
If a player is stupid i.e. sending off for petulance, being abusive or losing control         We have every right to Boo them as they have let everyone down, but players trying and not inform is why we have squad. If things are not going our way we should be supportive 100%

otherwise we waste a lot more money on severance pay and playing budget on whoever the next messiah happens to be.

Excellent post, except I would take issue that Sixfields is full of doom mongers baying for blood.
On the whole Sixfields is full of tolerant football fans who turn up week in and week out. Many do not vocally back the team but they do so by turning up and paying their hard earned to get in! The doom mongers are the dozen or so people who day in and day out vent their spleens on here. Remember this board is now frequented regularly by c20-30 posters who make up less than 2% of our average home game, but seem to think they represent the views of all of us. Quite ironic really given that, by their own admission, many don't even go to the games!!
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #265 on: September 04, 2013, 20:15:54 pm »

Stupid, reckless, ill disciplined and a hint of revenge - yes he needs to grow up, yes it was a correct red card, yes he let the team down but it was hardly a hanging offence and the suggestion by someone it was a potential leg breaker has neither played football or much idea about anatomy. it was shocking because it was deliberate and spiteful but in a season you will see worse, not so obvious and a whole lot more dangerous.

Agreed.

It's also bonkers to suggest he should be sacked as some people genuinely seem to be saying. Given a fine, with a thorough ticking off and dropped from the team, yes.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #266 on: September 04, 2013, 20:19:17 pm »

Agreed - as I said before, I think the ref sent him off almost as much out of shock at the sheer stupidity of the behaviour as he did because it was a dangerous challenge.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 04, 2013, 20:20:02 pm »

Agreed.

It's also bonkers to suggest he should be sacked as some people genuinely seem to be saying. Given a fine, with a thorough ticking off and dropped from the team, yes.

+ 1
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 04, 2013, 20:37:58 pm »

One day, I might explain to you, how to utilise the image button correctly. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 04, 2013, 20:46:32 pm »

One day, I might explain to you, how to utilise the image button correctly. Grin

thanks Mate - some jif images don't lend themselves easily - thanks all the same though.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 04, 2013, 21:05:14 pm »

thanks Mate - some jif images don't lend themselves easily - thanks all the same though.  Wink
They do, you just need to persist. It took me ages to work out how to get Sheriff JW Pepper as my avatar.
See you on Saturday in the Tavern?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 04, 2013, 21:09:28 pm »

They do, you just need to persist. It took me ages to work out how to get Sheriff JW Pepper as my avatar.
See you on Saturday in the Tavern?

Dear Friend

I am in Carrs Bar - no offence though  Cool

Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 04, 2013, 21:13:51 pm »

Dear Friend
Dont push your luck. Grin

Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 04, 2013, 21:47:27 pm »

Dont push your luck. Grin

I was'nt Cool
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #274 on: September 04, 2013, 22:07:26 pm »

ok - so I am wrong but still have a creeping doubt that at Npton it may well have been a yellow. I can remember a tackle by Dyche which was equally as bad but was only a Yellow.

"Excellent post, except I would take issue that Sixfields is full of doom mongers baying for blood.
 Quite ironic really given that, by their own admission, many don't even go to the games!! "

Seriously, you should drop this from your avatar, "IT IS BEST TO BE THOUGHT A FOOL….THAN SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT……" 'Cus you certainly ain't doing yourself any favors Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 04, 2013, 22:38:03 pm »

Seriously, you should drop this from your avatar, "IT IS BEST TO BE THOUGHT A FOOL….THAN SPEAK AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT……" 'Cus you certainly ain't doing yourself any favors Kiss

maybe not - but I haven't spoken yet so it is a little irrelevant.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 05, 2013, 08:28:16 am »

I see a tackle that was worse, more dangerous and just as deliberate about five minute before that involving the same players. However a chinese man once said "two wrongs dont make a right, but one idiot does see red". 
Report Spam   Logged
IwishIwasafly

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 05, 2013, 09:22:16 am »

It's also bonkers to suggest he should be sacked as some people genuinely seem to be saying.

No it is not.

The only on who is "bonkers" is Demontagnac. If you did that in the same spiteful and calculated way to someone at work in front of witnesses would you be sacked?

He is a massive liability we could well do without. What use is he to us. Yes he was clattered not long before his `tackle' but I think his main frustration came from his inability to control the football. Tozer was outdone for both goals and also when they hit the post but at least he didn't lash out like a nob end.
Report Spam   Logged

So where were the spiders, while the fly tried to break our balls
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #278 on: September 05, 2013, 09:29:01 am »

Ishy is a player who performs amazing once in a blue moon, and needs to feel loved to do so.

I honestly think his effort levels had risen this year, but I cant see way back for him now. The crowed will be on his back for every mistake and he dosn't seem to be the type of player who will deal with that. I think he will crumble in frustration and we will see more of the same if he continues to play.

I would love to see him reach his potential here, but I fear that he has made his bed and probably gone a long way to ending his career as a league footballer.
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #279 on: September 05, 2013, 09:38:29 am »

On a positive note, fair play to the lads who made the trip.

800+ is a good away following , especially as some regulars refuse to go to MK. Hearing "fields of green" over the radio clear as day, put a smile on my face.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: