The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:16:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Aidy's stubborn streak

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aidy's stubborn streak  (Read 4808 times)
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« on: August 06, 2013, 22:56:52 pm »

Note that he has stated our strike force is Platt and Roy, so that will give us maybe 15 goals this season assuming Platt ever gets fit. Where are the rest coming from. That smacks of arrogance from Aidy, he must know most fans are totally peed off with Platt's contribution.

Watford were glad to get rid of Aidy because he would not change and adapt, are we going to suffer the same fate?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 23:08:54 pm »

Why would he care what the fans think?
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 23:09:01 pm »

Midfield? Defence? I dunno, but Cardiff managed promotion with their leading striker scoring 8. There isn't an abundance of 20-goal a season strikers Aidy could cherry-pick if he wanted to you know.

Given we were in a Play-Off final 3 months ago, where 12 months previous we were involved in a relegation battle, I think it's a bit premature to discuss getting rid of the manager.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 23:22:17 pm »

The bloke has transformed the professionalism of the club. Yes he is stubborn but i'll put up with it as I am sure he is acting in the best interests of the club.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 05:15:03 am »

I'm on Aidy's side, I think overall he's been fantastic for our club and can take our team forward. That said, I don't get how he's laying out the side at the moment with square pegs in round holes (Tozer in midfield and ROD as a lone striker at the weekend, Morris out wide in both games) and absolutely no width. When we did start using the flanks last night we created chances.

Can we try venturing into the channels from the off on Saturday please, Aidy? Oh, and a striker would be good.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
marcmewordz

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 06:27:19 am »

I have total confidence that he will take the club to where it belongs.....
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:39 am »

He's made mistakes, but I don't think our lack of recruitment this summer is necessarily AB's fault.

I suspect he's just as frustrated at the reduced budget as we are. I suspect he's been assured that money will be available later down the line when the redevelopment starts paying dividends. It will be interesting to hear DC/AB's thoughts on this at the next open forum.

Until then, I think it will be a case of keeping the team in the division and blooding some youngsters. We simply don't appear to have the budget to fuel another promotion challenge.

As far as I'm aware he has yet to sign a player for a fee and, with the exception of Platt, Carlisle and Hackett, I suspect that the majority of his signings have been on pretty low wages. He's done a decent, solid job in the circumstances, and unless we get pulled into a genuine relegation battle he'll have my complete support, albeit with some constructive criticism along the way. 
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 10:10:37 am »

Bungle if that's he case why draw up a list of targets and DC promises exciting signings. It's a false economy we'll lose 1000 off he gate if we are struggling at the wrong end of the table and of course even worse if we get relegated!
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 10:26:14 am »

Got to laugh haven't you? Aidy takes us from relegation candidates to play off finals yet 2 games into the next season relegation is being spoken of again, I think some of our fans want it to happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 10:47:22 am »

Note that he has stated our strike force is Platt and Roy, so that will give us maybe 15 goals this season assuming Platt ever gets fit. Where are the rest coming from. That smacks of arrogance from Aidy, he must know most fans are totally peed off with Platt's contribution.

Watford were glad to get rid of Aidy because he would not change and adapt, are we going to suffer the same fate?

Change the record Mate as your anti AB status is wearing a bit thin.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GillysM8

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 11:16:47 am »

Think we're all a bit frustrated.  AB has done a superb job but its clear we need more fire power yet for whatever ever reasons its not being addressed.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 11:51:38 am »

Interesting interview with Akinfenwa in today's Chron.  If what he says is true, Gilingham came in for him in the January transfer window.  That presumably would have meant him leaving for a badly needed fee, plus he states he was banging heads with ADB.  So why then wasn't he sold then?  Especially as he wasn't in the starting line up at Wembley.  The decision to block that move now looks somewhat churlish.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 11:57:13 am »

Interesting interview with Akinfenwa in today's Chron.  If what he says is true, Gilingham came in for him in the January transfer window.  That presumably would have meant him leaving for a badly needed fee, plus he states he was banging heads with ADB.  So why then wasn't he sold then?  Especially as he wasn't in the starting line up at Wembley.  The decision to block that move now looks somewhat churlish.

Not really.  We used him plenty in the games between January and Wembley and he contributed (even if he hardly scored) significantly during that period.

If the play-off games were worth 250k to the club (and potential promotion maybe that amount again?) in what context does turning down their offer look bad?  Hard to imagine the offer was anything mouth-watering given he was going to be out of contract and available for free in a few months. 50k?  Even that seems fairly generous.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »

I'll tell you why it looks bad now: he hardly scored after January which suggests he wasn't happy, maybe even throwing his toys out of the cot in a sulk and many would argue he didn't contribute after Christmas.  When you have a player who wants away, you sometimes have to admit that it's in the best interests of the club to get rid of them.  And that's exactly what people are now saying about Bale, Suarez and Rooney.  £50k for Bayo with that knowledge in mind, we should have snapped their hands off.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 12:16:53 pm »

I'll tell you why it looks bad now: he hardly scored after January which suggests he wasn't happy, maybe even throwing his toys out of the cot in a sulk and many would argue he didn't contribute after Christmas.  When you have a player who wants away, you sometimes have to admit that it's in the best interests of the club to get rid of them.  And that's exactly what people are now saying about Bale, Suarez and Rooney.  £50k for Bayo with that knowledge in mind, we should have snapped their hands off.

Surely the gamble that with him in the squad we might have been promoted was worth the transfer fee (50k, for the sake of argument?).   Whether he contirbuted massively post-January or not, at the time he'd netted 15 goals.  If we'd let him go for the sake of trousering a minor fee it would have been ridiculous.

And as i said, it's already been repaid by our play-off income.  Knock down for the Guttridge goal at Cheltenham to cite one example. 

Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 12:39:45 pm »

That's a puerile argument.  We could have used the fee to have bought in a decent striker in return and who knows, we might have actually been promoted automatically or won the play offs.  And, to boot, said striker might have been here now helping us out on the goalscoring front!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2013, 12:46:49 pm »

Interesting interview with Akinfenwa in today's Chron..............

i assume it was copied and pasted from his mail online article. more good work from the chron.

i think we all knew about the january offer anyway - and that being the reason the selfish c*** played like a c*** for the next 6 months.
Report Spam   Logged
Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2013, 12:56:26 pm »

That's a puerile argument.  We could have used the fee to have bought in a decent striker in return and who knows, we might have actually been promoted automatically or won the play offs.  And, to boot, said striker might have been here now helping us out on the goalscoring front!

I suppose my comment was 'puerile' because it included some degree of conjecture (unavoidably, I would argue, since we were talking about a hypothetical scenario)?

Whereas yours is pure logic despite containing the qualifying terms "we could", "who knows", "we might" and "said striker might" in the space of 3 sentences?

Fair enough.  Am sure you're right.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 13:58:12 pm »

I suppose my comment was 'puerile' because it included some degree of conjecture (unavoidably, I would argue, since we were talking about a hypothetical scenario)?

Whereas yours is pure logic despite containing the qualifying terms "we could", "who knows", "we might" and "said striker might" in the space of 3 sentences?

Fair enough.  Am sure you're right.

This bloke is too clever for you Insider and perhaps one or two others! For a start his grammar is good; his penultimate para made monkeys out of your argument. Take heed and learn Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 14:07:18 pm »

All Managers have to be stubborn to some degree.

Aidy got it a bit wrong with the diamond formation at the start last night and when we switched back to a standard 4-4-2 we looked a lot more comfortable on the ball and better going forward.

I am completely perplexed with the notion of Ian Morris as captain though. Would have thought there were quite a few better candidates for that role to be honest. The strange thing is, that in the two friendlies I did see, Morris started both and in neither was he the captain.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: