The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:20:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Aidy's stubborn streak

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aidy's stubborn streak  (Read 4803 times)
Insider

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2013, 14:08:02 pm »

This bloke is too clever for you Insider and perhaps one or two others! For a start his grammar is good; his penultimate para made monkeys out of your argument. Take heed and learn Roll Eyes

His argument was puerile because he said Bayo performed over the second half of the season when quite patently he did not.  You menahwile should spend less time telling people to shut up or change the reocrd which you seem to do at least once a day whenever someone has an opinion that differs from your own.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2013, 14:22:36 pm »

The bloke has transformed the professionalism of the club. Yes he is stubborn but i'll put up with it as I am sure he is acting in the best interests of the club.

I don't believe he is stubborn at all; if you want to meet a stubborn person look no further than your own wife or daughter Shocked
He is operating within tight financial restraints - the very fact he is prepared to give 17yr olds a game is proof enough. The apparent broken promises of exciting signings has not materialised but the hysterical reaction by most of us to this indicates our own brittle mentality. True it has been a disappointing start to the season but this does not excuse the outpouring of negativity , told you so's , super hindsight views  etc - talk about throwing our toys out of the pram Roll Eyes. Experts on here voice the opinion that but for Duke last night we would have lost by 4/5 goals ; yes he played very well but the experts ignore the fact that MK themselves did not have a striker capable off finishing of their many chances. This eventually left them vulnerable to surrendering the lead after ROD's goal. Furthermore had we had a decent additional forward along with ROD then the final result may well have been different. Pure conjecture of course!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 14:32:27 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 14:30:19 pm »

His argument was puerile because he said Bayo performed over the second half of the season when quite patently he did not.  You menahwile should spend less time telling people to shut up or change the reocrd which you seem to do at least once a day whenever someone has an opinion that differs from your own.

Whenever Bayo came on it somehow changed the game; with a bit of luck you may have noticed it! People who talk hindsight nonsense and issue long protracted moans should be cautioned as the moan gets boring and repetitive. I cant remember telling anybody to shut up though. You accuse Ryan Amoo of using puerile arguments as you have just given a far better example above Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Elad

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2013, 15:14:56 pm »

I don't believe he is stubborn at all; if you want to meet a stubborn person look no further than your own wife or daughter Shocked
He is operating within tight financial restraints - the very fact he is prepared to give 17yr olds a game is proof enough. The apparent broken promises of exciting signings has not materialised but the hysterical reaction by most of us to this indicates our own brittle mentality. True it has been a disappointing start to the season but this does not excuse the outpouring of negativity , told you so's , super hindsight views  etc - talk about throwing our toys out of the pram Roll Eyes. Experts on here voice the opinion that but for Duke last night we would have lost by 4/5 goals ; yes he played very well but the experts ignore the fact that MK themselves did not have a striker capable off finishing of their many chances. This eventually left them vulnerable to surrendering the lead after ROD's goal. Furthermore had we had a decent additional forward along with ROD then the final result may well have been different. Pure conjecture of course!

Aidy is very stubborn. Sometimes works for him. Sometimes against.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
YouBeauty

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2013, 16:27:18 pm »

I think we will see how stubborn he is on Saturday.  Should he insist on playing all four of our midfielders out of position again then without doubt he is stubborn.

If we played 4-4-2 with players in the right positions we give ourselves a chance.  I always get the impression that he's trying too hard to prove he some kind of tactical genius.  Whatever the hell that line up was 1st half last night blew up in his face and I find it quite embarrassing that he lambasted the players post match.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2013, 16:37:01 pm »

I think we will see how stubborn he is on Saturday.  Should he insist on playing all four of our midfielders out of position again then without doubt he is stubborn.

If we played 4-4-2 with players in the right positions we give ourselves a chance.  I always get the impression that he's trying too hard to prove he some kind of tactical genius.  Whatever the hell that line up was 1st half last night blew up in his face and I find it quite embarrassing that he lambasted the players post match.

That diamond system left every player exposed. Morris isn't a left winger, Deegan isn't a right winger. Like I've said elsewhere I wanna see Ish playing left mid on Sat in a midfield 5 if no striker comes in

Duke
                                                Amankwaah Tozer Collins Widdowson
                                       Moyo/toney  Carter Deegan Morris Demontagnac
                                                              O'Donovan
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2013, 16:51:02 pm »

if he plays one up front for a home game this board will explode
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2013, 16:53:08 pm »

with all due respect to moyo/toney they shouldn't be anywhere near a starting place. i too would start with ish on the left,put carter back in and rest/drop Tozer,this would create a more balanced side. Morris best position is in the center of the park. You know it makes sense Aidy!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 17:02:38 pm by Its_nice_to_michu » Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 17:00:19 pm »

Moyo and Toney are full of running and will pin back their wing backs. Newport play a back five
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 17:56:15 pm »

not if we win it wont Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 18:16:22 pm »

Emerton is miles ahead of Toney and Moyo in terms of development.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 18:20:00 pm »

Emerton is miles ahead of Toney and Moyo in terms of development.
Bang on.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2013, 18:56:27 pm »

Interesting interview with Akinfenwa in today's Chron.  If what he says is true, Gilingham came in for him in the January transfer window.  That presumably would have meant him leaving for a badly needed fee, plus he states he was banging heads with ADB.  So why then wasn't he sold then?  Especially as he wasn't in the starting line up at Wembley.  The decision to block that move now looks somewhat churlish.

Because as I have stated in the past their offer was to take him off of our hands to save wages.I believe they may have gone to 5k. If we had sold him in January for that would you have said that was a good deal. Because we would not contemplate it we refused to allow Gillingham to talk to Bayo and as a result he sulked.
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2013, 19:48:35 pm »

I have just spent 25k on a kitchen. I am thinking I should have given this to AB for a striker and put up with my aging Neffs. Who could we have got?
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2013, 20:10:29 pm »

I think Aidy, like many good managers has a stubborn streak. That is because he believes in his ability. But he isn't anywhere near as stubborn as some of you lot make out.

Last season (early doors) he told our group...categorically...that a certain player would never ever play for the club again. The reason? Because he was not good enough. Nothing personal or anything. Said player returned to the team very soon afterwards, despite AB being adamant at the time he wouldn't. So in other words he totally went back on his word and gave the kid a chance which he took.

He also tried several approaches last season away from home, none of which were overly successful. He didn't change the home tactics because at the end of the day, they bloody worked! If its not broken don't try and fix it.

Like Stuart Gray (Constantine) he has invested a high percent of his budget on Platt. He believes in him, and somehow he's got to try and get a return on that investment. On the occasions when Platt was fit last season he showed that he is a very decent player. The issue we now have is that a fit Platt at his stage in his career is unlikely to be a common situation. But his other big money striker...Nicholls...also injured it is difficult for him at this stage to throw more money in the direction of a forward who to improve the team sufficiently is likely to want 100k pa or more. DC has clearly pulled the shutters down on this expenditure and Aidy has to manage the situation as best as he can. He has to talk his squad up in the papers, back them up during radio interviews etc. Its frustrating for us fans but thats the way it is.

Suffice to say I've seen enough evidence in the last 18months to prove that Aidy is not overly stubborn. Certainly not in the Atkins league of stubbornness!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2013, 20:47:01 pm »

................That smacks of arrogance from Aidy, he must know most fans are totally peed off with Platt's contribution.

Watford were glad to get rid of Aidy because he would not change and adapt, are we going to suffer the same fate?

Please come back 1HorshamCobbler all is forgiven
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2013, 20:49:18 pm »

I think Aidy, like many good managers has a stubborn streak. That is because he believes in his ability. But he isn't anywhere near as stubborn as some of you lot make out.

Last season (early doors) he told our group...categorically...that a certain player would never ever play for the club again. The reason? Because he was not good enough. Nothing personal or anything. Said player returned to the team very soon afterwards, despite AB being adamant at the time he wouldn't. So in other words he totally went back on his word and gave the kid a chance which he took.

Where is Robbo now?
Report Spam   Logged
Phigar

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2013, 20:58:22 pm »

Where is Robbo now?
Playing in the Conference South if Wiki is correct.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2013, 12:11:25 pm »

Everbrite

All I was trying to point out is that Aidy has made numerous decisions and several statements that indicates its his way only.

As paying fans we surely have right to express an opinion?

Terry Fenwick succinctly highlighted some of the recent examples.

I will be eternally grateful to Aidy from saving the club from oblivion but to state we don't need a new striker when its clear Roy needed support clearly smacks of stubbornness.

How would you now feel if Blyth got dropped when Platt becomes fit?

I know we don't have the responsibility of securing the results and that's a heavy weight for anyone to bear, just wish that some of he statements being made were a little more promising
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2013, 13:38:36 pm »

How would you now feel if Blyth got dropped when Platt becomes fit?

It would depend on how he performed. We win more games with Platt than we do without him so my initial reaction to such a move would be very positive.
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: