The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 17:16:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"Looking to bring in experience before Saturday...."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Looking to bring in experience before Saturday...."  (Read 4352 times)
oop_north

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2013, 20:05:27 pm »

Think he needs look no further than me tbh! I've been to Bristol loads of times, bags of experience...know the place pretty well... very good at marking the very best pubs for cider and ales. Bring it on!  Grin

Do you remember Mulligans fish restaurant in Anchor Road (or was it further on in St.Thingies Square?)?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 22:29:39 pm »

Do you remember Mulligans fish restaurant in Anchor Road (or was it further on in St.Thingies Square?)?

Don't know the plaice that well...though to be fair (to myself) fish restaurants aren't really on my radar!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 22:40:43 pm »

Is that the sound of a scrabble board being upturned as Clarke Carlisle races down the M1?
Quality.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

Paul Reid mentioned
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2013, 13:23:28 pm »

Would like Paul Reid back at the club. Really liked him when he was with us before. Had a good laugh with him in Seville before he moved onto bigger and better things!
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2013, 14:43:28 pm »

It seems that AB is only interested in bringing in a defender, no chance of a goal scorer. He said if we can't keep Blyth then we'll look within at Toney and JJ. I wonder why, is it too much cash for a decent forward, there aren't any available or he thinks we have no need?
Report Spam   Logged
Jgill1976

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2013, 14:55:59 pm »

The rhetoric prior to the the beginning of the season was for promotion but the budget suggests not, if this season is about consolidation and positioning ourselves for the 2014/2015 season then we should send Blythe back get rid of these short term contracts and let them grow through experience ala Aston Villa last season . The problem is that nobody at the club seems to have the cahooters to tell us what this seasons actual objectives are.
Personally I would rather us languishing but building then seeing some guy come in to enhance his reputation for his home club.
Report Spam   Logged
oop_north

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2013, 15:04:15 pm »

Don't know the plaice that well...though to be fair (to myself) fish restaurants aren't really on my radar!  Wink

Oh no! Not the fish jokes.... Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2013, 15:25:32 pm »

It seems that AB is only interested in bringing in a defender, no chance of a goal scorer. He said if we can't keep Blyth then we'll look within at Toney and JJ. I wonder why, is it too much cash for a decent forward, there aren't any available or he thinks we have no need?

If we do bring a defender in who does he replace ? It will probably mean that Heath's stay will be a short one as the other two are contracted.
Blyth has already said that he is keen to stay on so unless Leicester need him back it seems likely that he will.
The alternative doesn't bear thinking about .......... and the worst thing is that Aidy is still bigging him up !
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2013, 21:33:19 pm »

The rhetoric prior to the the beginning of the season was for promotion but the budget suggests not, if this season is about consolidation and positioning ourselves for the 2014/2015 season then we should send Blythe back get rid of these short term contracts and let them grow through experience ala Aston Villa last season . The problem is that nobody at the club seems to have the cahooters to tell us what this seasons actual objectives are.
Personally I would rather us languishing but building then seeing some guy come in to enhance his reputation for his home club.

They just say what they think you want to hear!! Exciting signings, top 7 budget, quality not quantity, less reliant on loan players, and so on and so on.

I still don't understand why there was the wholesale dismantling of a team which was 90 mins from league 1 last season....in fact we too easily forget that we were top 3 with only a few games to go. That to me suggested that we only needed a bit of tinkering, rather than a complete rebuild and a supposed change of tactics.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2013, 22:49:45 pm »

They just say what they think you want to hear!! Exciting signings, top 7 budget, quality not quantity, less reliant on loan players, and so on and so on.

I still don't understand why there was the wholesale dismantling of a team which was 90 mins from league 1 last season....in fact we too easily forget that we were top 3 with only a few games to go. That to me suggested that we only needed a bit of tinkering, rather than a complete rebuild and a supposed change of tactics.

But the people didn't like the style of football blah blah fxxking blah.
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:25 am »

After five games this season, two away defeats, two home defeats, it would appear tactics have changed, we are now sh1t home and away  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Whitedogdo

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:42 am »

Didn't a large proportion on here moan last season about us playing hoofball all the time?
So, the gaffer brings in players to change the style of play, and now people moan because it hasn't worked YET.

It's like listening to the opposition party in government.

We don't like your plan A, we think you should go with plan B

Ok, we've changed to plan B

We can't believe you've gone with plan B...what a massive U turn....this demonstrates how weak you are....

Lmao....
Report Spam   Logged
fwalden

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 08:50:59 am »

Aidy decided early on that we had a long throw merchant, a big bruser up front and realised the most effective way to success was to get it forward quickly, bombard the box and beast mode the opposition. It was effective to such an extent that we were 90mins away from league 1. Everyone loses all rational thinking over the summer and it has forced aidy to completely change tactics. You need better calibre players than what we have to play attractive footbal and with the budget, we just don't have the facility to bring those kind of players in. He honestly can't win.

However as crazy as it sounds, I enjoyed us winning last year but ive also enjoyed the couple of games ive seen this season with a more attractive approach.

Problem is, I and all the purists will soon get fed up by October if we're languishing in the lower half of the table. What do we honestly prefer? A passing game or a winning game? I know which id prefer.
Report Spam   Logged

Frederick Ingram "Fanny" Walden (1 March 1888 – 3 May 1949) was an English professional footballer who played on the right-wing for Northampton Town, Tottenham Hotspur and at international level for England during the 1910s and 1920s.
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31:07 am »

The problem with the "long throw merchant" tactic was that it last worked on 19th January.  In other words it had been found out. 
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 09:51:05 am »

Problem is, I and all the purists will soon get fed up by October if we're languishing in the lower half of the table. What do we honestly prefer? A passing game or a winning game? I know which id prefer.

Personally I would prefer a passing , winning game but theres no point in wishing for that because by November time with two teams playing at Sixfields and the away pitches getting heavier as well Boothroyd will have them all playing Hoof again.
This set of players are really no better than last seasons bunch and all this nonsense about quality over quantity has just turned out to be hype. With the exception of Duke we have searched the league and brought in rejected journeymen from other L2 clubs who then in turn have taken our rejects.
They are not good enough to play accurate passing football consistently and if we had wanted a manager who did work with that ethos then we shouldn't
have hired AB in the first place , his record was clear enough.
Personally I think we will finish mid table this time but it wont be through playing passing football , if we want that we will have to change the manager.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 10:14:53 am »

but it wont be through playing passing football , if we want that we will have to change the manager.

- " if we want that we will have to change the manager" and some of the players Shocked Huh?

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 10:17:49 am »

- " if we want that we will have to change the manager" and some of the players Shocked Huh?

A new manager will change most of the players anyway,
Boothroyd did.
Report Spam   Logged
SmithyNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 18:42:59 pm »

Notts County release Francois Zoko. He's a player I'd take without a doubt.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2013, 06:50:20 am »

Is that the sound of a scrabble board being upturned as Clarke Carlisle races down the M1?

So you think the 'countdown' has begun to his return?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: