The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 20:17:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Right direction?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Right direction?  (Read 1165 times)
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 12, 2010, 22:23:00 pm »

I have now read articles from both Sampson and Cardoza this week that state the club are going in the right direction. Please could someone enlighten me as to how we are moving in the right direction... We are currently sitting 22nd in league two and our attendances are falling quicker than Katie Price's knickers. Granted we will break even off the field due to our Carling Cup run. But is this really all the chairman cares about? Next year there is a massive possibility that we will find ourselves playing none league football.

Moving in the right direction? I think not...

2008- 9th in league one
2010- 22nd in league two
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 22:31:40 pm »

It does seem pretty ignorant of our current plight and the fact that we've just lost to Macclesfield and bloody Cheltenham. The quicker we accept we are in trouble the sooner we are likely to be able to re-build and get out of it.

Just say it how it is, the fans are not stupid. Keep trotting out with phrases like 'we are doing okay' and are 'going in the right direction' and the less faith I have in them to handle the situation and run the club.

For the record I think we will turn things around and pull away from the drop zone but it really wouldn't hurt to give an honest interview once in a while.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 22:42:23 pm »

I have now read articles from both Sampson and Cardoza this week that state the club are going in the right direction. Please could someone enlighten me as to how we are moving in the right direction... We are currently sitting 22nd in league two and our attendances are falling quicker than Katie Price's knickers. Granted we will break even off the field due to our Carling Cup run. But is this really all the chairman cares about? Next year there is a massive possibility that we will find ourselves playing none league football.

Moving in the right direction? I think not...

2008- 9th in league one
2010- 22nd in league two

1966 - 21st in Division One (The real division 1)

What exactly is your point?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Forest

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 07:45:33 am »

Some people just annoy me, ITS OCTOBER NOT MAY.  Roll Eyes

If we are still around the the bottom of the table start of 2011 then you get worried,
We aint going to walk this division like some facts expect us to.
We will finish top 12 no problem.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 09:07:44 am »

Top 12 is unacceptable. We should be in the top 7, anything else is failure.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 09:13:01 am »

my understanding of right direction is 'right direction everywhere except on the pitch'. think about it:

-young team with many players who may get better & sold on for big money (jacobs, johnson, mckay, davis ect)
-club making money for 1st time in years
-historty made at liverpool

but yeah the league form needs to pick up very soon
Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 09:20:38 am »

1966 - 21st in Division One (The real division 1)

What exactly is your point?
Point being in 2 years we have dropped so far, but both the chairman and manager are sure were moving in the right direction.... It's not that difficult to understand everyone else has managed.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:23:28 am »

Top 12 is unacceptable. We should be in the top 7, anything else is failure.

I know that that is your opinion but why is anything but top 7 a failure?
At the moment we are not as good as you think we are.... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Forest

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:34:03 am »

agreed, there are 24 clubs all saying that top 7 is a failure!
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 09:48:20 am »

I know that that is your opinion but why is anything but top 7 a failure?
At the moment we are not as good as you think we are.... Wink

I can see we're not very good but I also think that if we don't make the top 7 this year then the season would be a failure. I'm not sure how they are linked?

I'm under no illusions that its looking highly unlikely for us to make the Top 7 but I have no idea why I should be happy with us scrabbling around mid table because the team is crap.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 11:52:19 am »

Agree with Mark JB - we are rubbish at the moment so I don't expect top 7. However that still means that a below top 7 finish is failure, and in my view nobody should be satisfied with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 11:53:37 am »

Cardoza made the play-offs his minimum target, so did Sampson, so to finish lower has to be regarded as a failure, it can't be anything else.
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 12:24:56 pm »

Agreed and we are 7 points off the play offs with 35 games left....................  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 20:36:19 pm »

Agreed and we are 7 points off the play offs with 35 games left....................  Roll Eyes

Statistics, statistics...and how many points from relegation are we, with 35 games left? Doesn't prove too much either way..but unless the trend is bucked...a perspective is being formed!
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 21:19:59 pm »

I'm confused, I thought we were too good and we seem to be getting better than everyone else by the day.

Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010, 08:51:35 am »

I'm confused, I thought we were too good and we seem to be getting better than everyone else by the day.

I suppose it depends whether your viewpoint is that extremely slow possession football with limited end product makes the team too good for the division or whether the not scoring in 4 out of 11 matches so far this season makes the team a bit crap.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: