The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:30:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lesscombe (H) 28-09-13

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lesscombe (H) 28-09-13  (Read 11425 times)
cobblersareus

Badges: (View All)
« on: September 21, 2013, 16:59:33 pm »

I'm really contemplating not going to this one. I've lost all enthusiasm, and in all honesty I just can't be bothered.
I am a season ticket holder, so money is not the problem, I'm just losing all faith in the team this season.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

marcmewordz

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 17:02:34 pm »

I'm really contemplating not going to this one. I've lost all enthusiasm, and in all honesty I just can't be bothered.
I am a season ticket holder, so money is not the problem, I'm just losing all faith in the team this season.

Why?Huh???
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 17:26:41 pm »

This should set alarm bells going at the club, you are far from alone
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 17:46:21 pm »

Why, he's paid his money.....do you think it matters to anyone at the club whether any season ticket holder goes or not once the money is in the bank?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 18:02:05 pm »

Not if the attendance figure is set by the amount of tickets sold.
How was Port Vale today?
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 18:03:51 pm »

Why, he's paid his money.....do you think it matters to anyone at the club whether any season ticket holder goes or not once the money is in the bank?

Because it won't just be season ticket holders finding other things to do with their day. The floating fans go first.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 18:05:11 pm »

Not if the attendance figure is set by the amount of tickets sold.
How was Port Vale today?

I have no idea but looks like a good game going by the score.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 18:10:36 pm »

Because it won't just be season ticket holders finding other things to do with their day. The floating fans go first.

Its obvious most of the floating fans have already gone!
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 18:14:35 pm »

I have no idea but looks like a good game going by the score.
Im curious about something, when you went to watch the sky blues play, instead of the clarets, do you cheer when they scored?
Report Spam   Logged

Elad

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 18:23:58 pm »

Im curious about something, when you went to watch the sky blues play, instead of the clarets, do you cheer when they scored?

You need to get other interests...
Report Spam   Logged

betamax toploader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 18:32:56 pm »

You need to get other interests...
Your silence speaks volumes. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 18:35:07 pm »

I don't go at the moment. And believe me, I never ever thought I would ever say that. My family, friends and those that know me on here, would bet their houses on me being there.

eeek! Neverbrite and his mates would say that you're not entitled to an opinion!
 Just for the record I don't go either!! Been to one game, Newport at home (perhaps its my fault that they don't win then!), turned up on the day, paid my £22, paid for parking, even bought a hot dog and coffee! Went way still failing to be impressed despite the scoreline! And as for getting my football mad 8 and 11 year old sons back at Sixfields......"we don't want to watch that rubbish" is their response....
Report Spam   Logged

Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 18:37:42 pm »

Of course it matters if season ticket holders go. It would be shortsighted to say the least if the club didn't think so.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 18:45:21 pm »

Well I'm a STH and I will go no matter what.
I'm not giving the basTards all that money without having the option to shout at them when they are crap.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 22:24:32 pm »

How was Port Vale today?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Artlenock Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 01:20:10 am »

Its obvious most of the floating fans have already gone!

I'd have a word with the Northampton Clown about that.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 09:27:06 am »

K
Been to one game, Newport at home (perhaps its my fault that they don't win then!), turned up on the day, paid my £22, paid for parking, even bought a hot dog and coffee! Went way still failing to be impressed despite the scoreline! And as for getting my football mad 8 and 11 year old sons back at Sixfields......"we don't want to watch that rubbish" is their response....
That's not surprising having to listen to you pontificating your negative rubbish in there young ears!
As most kids are happy at just getting to see the local team play,  enjoying the atmosphere of league football and worrying little about the tactics and formations, with a win being a bonus on the day.

Suggest you take yourselves down the Arsenal, there going well.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 10:08:29 am »

KThat's not surprising having to listen to you pontificating your negative rubbish in there young ears!
As most kids are happy at just getting to see the local team play,  enjoying the atmosphere of league football and worrying little about the tactics and formations, with a win being a bonus on the day.

Suggest you take yourselves down the Arsenal, there going well.

You're on another planet.  I took my son to his first Cobblers game away to Chesterfield aged just two; it was the last game of the season, as dull a 0-0 as you're ever likely to see, and he fell asleep on the open terrace in the sunshine.  Initially he came along happily home and away for a number of years, but not only would I have to handcuff him to watch the Cobblers at Sixfields now, he has been rather put off football in general. Crap football, crap atmosphere and, when he was younger, the awful burgers have all combined to taint him for life.  I'm always struck by just how absent youngsters are from Sixfields (maybe that's a function of sitting in the West Stand); what kids want to see are goals, and let's face it we've hardly entertained in that respect over the last few seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 10:36:21 am »

You're on another planet.  I took my son to his first Cobblers game away to Chesterfield aged just two; it was the last game of the season, as dull a 0-0 as you're ever likely to see, and he fell asleep on the open terrace in the sunshine.  Initially he came along happily home and away for a number of years, but not only would I have to handcuff him to watch the Cobblers at Sixfields now, he has been rather put off football in general. Crap football, crap atmosphere and, when he was younger, the awful burgers have all combined to taint him for life.  I'm always struck by just how absent youngsters are from Sixfields (maybe that's a function of sitting in the West Stand); what kids want to see are goals, and let's face it we've hardly entertained in that respect over the last few seasons.
Not all boys like football, in this case I would suggest taking him to the theatre?
Supporting a football club is a pleasure, whatever level your team plays at there are expectations that are rearly achieved but you go to as many games as possible to hopefully witness the start of a golden era, the debut of the wonder kid or watching Shrewsbury thrash us 2-7 on our own soil... Too many Cobblers fans take defeats and poor form personally, this is pointless as no one at the club wants constant failure but just unable to come up with the correct formular to progress on the pitch.
I believe the new development will bring the new dawn we all crave.
Plymouth away anyone?
Report Spam   Logged
auntie chops

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 10:37:27 am »

Me and my eldest son (15) travelled to Mansfield yesterday. We had no expectations but hoped for a win. He's been going home and away since he was in nappies. All his mates support Utd, City, Bolton etc. They are priced out of going to games so watch them on sky / motd or their parents don't have the inclination.
It is horrible at the moment. No denying it. But when you support a perennial lower league team this is the reality and it has been since our formation. You get out of it what you choose. He's a die-hard and he makes me proud. And when we beat Bolton and Liverpool a few seasons back he was a school celebrity. And it'll happen again. He has an opinion on players, formations, the opposition and refs. And consequently he knows more about football than his fifa managing mates. And in the future he'll be driving me to games and putting a blanket over me knees to keep me warm and getting up every 5 minutes to take his nipper to the toilet. That's what its about. But yes, we are s*** and I'm losing the will...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: