The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:49:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

50 Reduced price tickets per game?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 50 Reduced price tickets per game?  (Read 2499 times)
Elad

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 27, 2013, 13:22:15 pm »

Just thinking out loud here. Could the club sell 50 reduced priced tickets at £16 a pop in the North Stand say to entice floating supporters and dare I say it the poor?

Maybe start selling them on the Monday till they run out?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 13:37:03 pm by Elad » Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CobblerK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 13:33:34 pm »

Possibly, although if more than 50 people want to buy the £16 tickets, would the club be in a pickle because they would have to sell more tickets at the reduced cost so as not to offend supporters, therefore losing money rather than gaining it?
The only way we can really entice supporters to watch is to win, and they will be coming back in their hundreds.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 13:36:37 pm »

No not really. Just make it very clear that when they are gone they are gone. And also withdraw them from sale on the Friday.

Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 14:06:41 pm »

Just thinking out loud here. Could the club sell 50 reduced priced tickets at £16 a pop in the North Stand say to entice floating supporters and dare I say it the poor?

Maybe start selling them on the Monday till they run out?
If I was poor and had 16 quid to spare I would probably be more likely to be in the boozer than the north stand dormitory  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 14:09:51 pm »

If they offer tickets for £16 in the North Stand they would then have to offer £16 Tickets in the South Stand, how about charging the same on match day as they do any other day and not punish the floating supporter. But then again who cares about the supporter who just fancies turning up on the day ? The Club ? The Trust ? I don't think anyone gives a sh1t.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest49

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 18:56:32 pm »

They should do something as they have out priced 'the floating fan', which sadly I probably fit into after years of attending through thick and mainly thin. If I am at a loose end on a Saturday now (living in the doorstep) I walk up, watch a half or so from the bank, thankful that I haven't shelled out the 20 odd quid to get the full experience.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 23:39:49 pm »

I hope no 'floating fans' came to this debacle. We'll never see them again.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 06:17:27 am »

Over 1000 empty seats in the east stand that could be sold as family group tickets, tickets that wont be taken up by the regulars.
At most league 2 grounds, the most populous areas are the family stands, so why is ours completely empty? Todays cheap tickets will be tomorrows season tickets, and also a bigger crowd helps generate better match day atmosphere and in turn lifts the players.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 07:35:49 am »

Its all about maximizing match day income, hence the higher prices on match day, looks like the club would rather have empty seats than reasonable match day tickets.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 07:46:34 am »

My wife suggested taking our girls yesterday as we haven't all been for a while. I just said we can't justify £50+ alone for tickets, whilst trying to entertain the youngest, teaching them some new swear words and spending the rest of the weekend wishing we hadn't bothered. Instead I took the girls out on their bikes, watched some of it from the hill (between a couple of fair rides) and wished I'd gone to Salcey instead. I saw enough to get the gist of what was going on, ie not a lot. The loudest noise was the booing at the final whistle. Sad times.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 07:49:47 am »

Oh and if anyone from the club is reading and wants to sell a few more tickets for the East stand,  try £20 for a family of 4. Even then you are competing with cinema prices but you may sell a few of those empty ones.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 08:10:06 am »

Over 1000 empty seats in the east stand that could be sold as family group tickets, tickets that wont be taken up by the regulars.
At most league 2 grounds, the most populous areas are the family stands, so why is ours completely empty? Todays cheap tickets will be tomorrows season tickets, and also a bigger crowd helps generate better match day atmosphere and in turn lifts the players.
Don't know if this is anything to do with Tom Webster ,who used to run the group tickets ,leaving the club.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2013, 08:23:03 am »

Oh and if anyone from the club is reading and wants to sell a few more tickets for the East stand,  try £20 for a family of 4. Even then you are competing with cinema prices but you may sell a few of those empty ones.
Good idea but it would need a leap of imagination from the club ....... wont happen  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2013, 08:52:59 am »

Football is price inelastic. Hence why there was 3,800 paying full price yesterday, despite the quality in no shape or form justifying it. If you stripped away loyalty to the club, the real price of the entertainment should be like £5.

£16 wouldn't attract anymore fans. A couple quid difference won't persuade the floating fan to come, he'll instead decide to go to MK Dons every once in a while.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 09:05:25 am »

Football is price inelastic. Hence why there was 3,800 paying full price yesterday, despite the quality in no shape or form justifying it. If you stripped away loyalty to the club, the real price of the entertainment should be like £5.

£16 wouldn't attract anymore fans. A couple quid difference won't persuade the floating fan to come, he'll instead decide to go to MK Dons every once in a while.

I was waiting for someone to come out with some cod A-level autistic economics bull sh*t. Of course £16 tickets as opposed to £22 tickets would attract the floating fan. What's more, once they have come to a game they are much more likely to risk a return on an outlay of £16. £22 is bordering on the obscene.

Maybe Mr Cardoza wants 3k fans paying a premium, totally miserable and not spending a penny in the ground but that is no way to grow a business.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 09:18:58 am »

Having said that..... is it really a good time to be flogging cheap tickets?
As you say, they know 3000 brain washed disciples have either committed for the season or will show up regardless at top dollar.
Do you really want to entice the floating fan at the moment, as they would only come the once regardless of price?!
I've heard Dwight Yorke is playing at Wootton Fields today. That's free and more entertaining.
The time to offer some deals is when there is something worth coming to watch.
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 09:25:09 am »

What's more, once they have come to a game they are much more likely to risk a return on an outlay of £16.

What does this even mean? You accuse me of 'autistic economics bullsh*t' then come out with incoherent nonsense like that.

Why do you think you know better than the market, why do you think prices are similar across the board? Football clubs aren't interchangable for the majority. There are fans that'll turn out for some local football every few weeks, at either us, MK or Coventry. But by and large a decrease in ticket price will have minimal impact on attendance, and overall just lessens how much the club make each week.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 09:29:31 am »

I was waiting for someone to come out with some cod A-level autistic economics bull sh*t. Of course £16 tickets as opposed to £22 tickets would attract the floating fan. What's more, once they have come to a game they are much more likely to risk a return on an outlay of £16. £22 is bordering on the obscene.

Maybe Mr Cardoza wants 3k fans paying a premium, totally miserable and not spending a penny in the ground but that is no way to grow a business.

Just a suggestion Elad - why don't you buy and run the club - from your persistent little snipes at the chairman clearly you think you can do a better job.

The problems we have now are down to the manager - reasonable budget and his players. Football economics are fairly simple - good product = full stadium
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2013, 09:37:40 am »

Sorry, completely disagree. Don't think the difference between £16 and £22 for a ticket would make much difference at all to the floating fan, who has lots of choices about what to do with his/her time and money. At £5, you might sway a few people. The other thing to take into account is that few people would come by themselves so what you're really talking about is persuading family/friend groups at multiples of £16/22, so it's significant expenditure, which is why the main market will always be the committed (who will pay too much) rather than the indifferent (who will be hard to persuade at any price).
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

Both arguments are true to some extent, for last two games I know people who have decided on Saturday morning to come the match, then been disappointed that they have to pay extra and in one case spend 25 minutes trying to buy a ticket !
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: