The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 15:19:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford Utd (a)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford Utd (a)  (Read 12031 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2013, 19:34:37 pm »

I was surprised to see Max Wall running the line in front of us yesterday
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2013, 20:08:10 pm »

The worrying thing is we have officials who can't spot a dive from 10 yards when over 900 people ,most of whom had been in the pub and were 100 yards away could see it straight away.
      I presume Tim Flowers' red card will be resinded when the FA look at the penalty descision , proving he was right to critisise Deadman.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2013, 20:38:44 pm »

Never a penalty
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2013, 20:50:14 pm »

The worrying thing is we have officials who can't spot a dive from 10 yards when over 900 people ,most of whom had been in the pub and were 100 yards away could see it straight away.
      I presume Tim Flowers' red card will be resinded when the FA look at the penalty descision , proving he was right to critisise Deadman.

I'm not  so sure. I guess it depends just how severely TF 'criticized Dreadman Grin It amazes me that there are certain officials who have only ever appeared to be s***e at the job, and yet the 'powers that be' never see fit to remove them Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2013, 21:04:16 pm »

What relevance Kipling has to our plight I have no idea but it bought you some column inches I guess.

Its Kipling's Poem "If" which is the point of reference not Kipling himself! My point is that some on here seem to be losing their nerve I just thought that "If" might help Roll Eyes All Cobblers supporters must be concerned at the current situation for which AB maybe partly culpable; but some of us also need to calm down. Its all very well "chucking toys out of pram" spats but most of us realize that it does not help in the least. Better the devil we know than the devil we don't. Still each to his own Cool

ps I am dreading the Daggers game - if we lose that one AB will be up the creek'
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 21:22:43 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2013, 21:17:01 pm »

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you concerning one of the referee assistants that was officiating at the Oxford Utd Versus Northampton Town fixture on Saturday 12th October. His name was John O'Brien.

Shane,
I maybe in the minority on this but personally I thought that the ref was worse; the penalty was a dive and he fell for it.
Maybe you might have written a letter of complaint to the FA about him instead of the Linesman.

regards
Report Spam   Logged

pattcobb
Guess who's back?

Queer eye for the Cobblers 🌈

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2013, 21:34:35 pm »

Never a penalty
Have to say that was a dreadful decision, it was a dive from outside the box so no penalty on two counts.
Did the players surround the referee contesting the decision? The reaction of the defender (Tozer?) seemed to be one of resignation. Significant in so many ways.
Report Spam   Logged

Lending a queer eye on things 🌈
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2013, 04:53:15 am »

I hope they won't bear skid-marks at the final whistle!
Grin

Knowing Bingers they'll be skid marked long before kickoff..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2013, 05:05:57 am »

T

The problem is that the Wembley defeat stung Aidy's ego to the extent that he abandoned everything which had made him a good appointment in the first place.

I said this a few weeks back mate. Boothrod hasn't recovered from that Wembley fiasco.
Report Spam   Logged

guest168

« Reply #209 on: October 14, 2013, 07:57:42 am »

Cant agree about the linesman I am afraid. I was in line with most of the "bad" decisions and he was right with all of them except the round the back, free kick one.

He certainly didnt do us any favours and was keen to give his decisions against us.

The ROD one is a case in point, technically it WAS a foul. ROD jumped into the player, with absolutely no intention of playing the ball, therefore a free kick but you see that sort of foul many times in a game.

Like some have said the penalty was a joke, why do some refs seem to jump at the chance of giving penalties in non scoring positions yet never award when it is clear that the player would have properly scored

Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #210 on: October 14, 2013, 08:09:31 am »

Cant agree about the linesman I am afraid. I was in line with most of the "bad" decisions and he was right with all of them except the round the back, free kick one.

Really don't agree, also having been in line (as most of us were given how the seating of away fans works at Oxford). But I do accept that it's a difficult job, things happen very quickly, and it would be expecting too much for there to be no mistakes. The more important point though, in relation to that linesman, was that he was not capable of keeping up with play, so often was making decisions when not in line - and failing to keep up with play is not really forgiveable even if mistakes are.

The penalty was truly baffling - from 100 yards away you couldn't really see if there was any contact, but you could clearly see that Constable was outside the box when he ran across Tozer. I thought so at the time, and the pictures support that. If the ref is that much closer than we are, so presumably has an even better view, you do have to wonder what motivated the decision. Personally, I might have found it really hard to yellow card Constable right in front of the home fans, which was the other option...
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2013, 08:23:32 am »

Not forgetting of course that the other linesman was no more than 15 yards away from the "incident" and could have corrected the referees mistake!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
phil123

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 14, 2013, 08:26:36 am »

My take on the game having slept on it...

For the first 43minutes:
4-1-4-1 was working great - they had a lot of possession, no real chances to speak of. When counter attacking we looked dangerous - ROD got through a couple of times but couldn't quite capitalise, Carter hit the side netting with a cracking effort that we all thought was in and Amankwah got clear into the box to pick up a delightful lob over their back four, only to blast a few feet wide of the near post. They were finding room down their right but we were more than a match for the decent crosses they put in. Defensively they looked pretty weak. I was listening to Radio Oxford during the game, they were bemused by the officials giving them so much and acknowledged the inconsistency and poor standard of refereeing decisions throughout.

44th minute - our defender slips presenting Constable with a straightforward shot past Duke.
45th minute - in no way was this ever a penalty - when he watches the replay, the ref will be quite embarrassed.

HT - It is not acceptable for Tim Flowers to say what BBC Oxford reported he said (paraphrasing obviously).
The controversial penalty gave AB a decision to make. At 1-0 we could easily have carried on playing the way we were, I don't think they would have got past us again, would have nervily sat back and allowed us to press them - after all they were as desperate for this home win as we were the away win. Unfortunately at 2-0 down AB had to change things - as getting 3 goals wasn't part of our game plan. In taking Collins out of his holding midfielder role and replacing with Toney we lost the ability to create the chances we were creating in the first half. We don't have the players fit to play 3-4-3 like they did and match them, as it proved in the second half.

2nd Half Oxford stopped making the defensive errors and giving the ball away and looked stronger with more confidence - we were weakened by trying to push for goals.

On reflection, we lost away to a team in 4th position who finally had the players back from injury they had been missing. Our time will come, and we were more than a match for them before the Officials got involved.

Keep the faith, in AB I trust.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #213 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:24 am »

The penalty was truly baffling - from 100 yards away you couldn't really see if there was any contact, but you could clearly see that Constable was outside the box when he ran across Tozer. I thought so at the time, and the pictures support that. If the ref is that much closer than we are, so presumably has an even better view, you do have to wonder what motivated the decision. Personally, I might have found it really hard to yellow card Constable right in front of the home fans, which was the other option...
A point I made at half time was ,if it was a pen how come he didn't give Tozer a card ,given that this is Deadman we are talking about who in the past booked Scott McGleish for a goal celebration.I think the answer is that ,really , he knew it wasn't a pen but it was the easy decision for him to give.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #214 on: October 14, 2013, 12:18:03 pm »

Grin

Knowing Bingers they'll be skid marked long before kickoff..

I refuse to explain on a public forum how Doc has intimate knowledge of my underwear.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 14, 2013, 13:42:01 pm »

He certainly didnt do us any favours and was keen to give his decisions against us.

The ROD one is a case in point, technically it WAS a foul. ROD jumped into the player, with absolutely no intention of playing the ball, therefore a free kick but you see that sort of foul many times in a game.

Like some have said the penalty was a joke, why do some refs seem to jump at the chance of giving penalties in non scoring positions yet never award when it is clear that the player would have properly scored

I was dead on line too and I thought he got about 85% of the offsides correct! He might have run like a parrot; unfortunately he got the first offside wrong so we all had it in for him! I still think that the Ref was the real villain.
Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 14, 2013, 13:54:22 pm »

It seems that some of the Oxford fans agree with our own fans regarding the penalty;

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/15458/oxford-utd-cobblers-matchthread?page=8
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2013, 03:46:41 am »

I refuse to explain on a public forum how Doc has intimate knowledge of my underwear.
Fenners told me   Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2013, 11:01:56 am »

You lot need to be careful. You'll have Neverbrite hurling abuse in your direction, screaming that you're not true fans or you'd be throwing away your 'hard earned' in Poxford. So much for the 'new dawn.' Another fooking shambles Angry

so this is not trolling!

« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 11:06:44 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

phil123

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2013, 21:51:28 pm »

Nearly just fell off my chair reading this... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24805861

"Dave Kitson criticises 'horrific' and 'horrendous' referee"

"Kitson, 33, also called Mark Brown the worst referee he has come across in his 13 years as a professional footballer."

"Brown awarded Rovers a penalty as they beat Oxford while winger Alfie Potter also suffered a serious ankle injury in the game."

"We'd like some decisions from referees. The foul for the penalty was two yards out the box."

What goes around comes around. It's a bit rich to play that card now...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: