The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:03:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Disappearing Punters?

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Punters?  (Read 117197 times)
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #1220 on: May 05, 2017, 17:05:40 pm »

How nice would it be for KT/consortium to give the supporters of this club an idea of what he proposes to do for the club?
 If its a well thought out plan with the best interests for the immediate and long term prosperity of this club we can all get on board and help push things forward,  at long last..
But all the virtual, hypothetical and wild guess work you talk of is, admittedly  unfair, but spawned by the aftermath of 12 wasted years at the hands of Cardoza ..
Surely everyone can understand that.

Welcome to your first visit to planet reality  Tongue

I can imagine how nice that would be. But equally I can see the more significant pitfalls of promising anything that at this point could be dashed by parties external to the club. If anything, he's probably learned from the over zealous line of promises and false dawns that DC offered.

I was very much like you are about KT with DC. Even to the point where I was threatened with legal action. But I took that stance off the back of lies that were said to my face by Peter Miller, Tony Cardoza and DC himself. Tony Clarke will tell you, I pursued DC relentlessly from his very early days. I did the same with McIntosh as well. But KT has played it straight so far. He is very media savvy. He knows people hinge on what he says, but he would love to say something, but knows a lot of what is to come does not rely on what he does, there are others who hold some cards as well.

You know as well as me mate, he will be took apart if he states something and it doesn't happen. He is the recipient of a dysfunctional perspective resulting from our years under a very deceptive regime. He shouldn't be held accountable for the damage DC did to our trust.

There's an old saying in psychiatry, "Neurotics build castles in the sky, and psychotics live in them". Well; we must have a good measure of both on here. Because there is a lot of opinions being shared, with people then taking them for real. Then moaning about them not being true.

Before the last season started the overwhelming consensus was that league one survival was a good thing. A few hours after the season had ended KT was responsible for a washout of a season. How does that work? And how can you satisfy that level of hypocrisy?

I have said elsewhere that it will be years before the ground starts showing a return, and the development that some want will come to fruition. My perspective won't shift until I see signs that KT is not doing his best to move things on. Soon as I doubt that I'll be right on to it again.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1221 on: May 05, 2017, 17:51:40 pm »

Kettering took on a bigger ground. Overheads were more than they were used to, due to it being a bigger ground. How did that work out for all concerned?
The moral of the story is: An empty seat doesn't cost "nothing"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1222 on: May 05, 2017, 18:10:44 pm »

Kettering took on a bigger ground. Overheads were more than they were used to, due to it being a bigger ground. How did that work out for all concerned?
Football is going through a golden era, a work colleague enquired about a season ticket at spurs having been a member for a number of years... he was congratulated on reaching number 54000 on the 100,000 strong waiting list... 😂
Ok comparing us to Spurs or Kettering is pointless as we have little in common with either..But dont regard overheads as being a problem if you capitilise on all posible  revenue streams available...
We do need to do a lot better with what we have.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 05, 2017, 18:23:30 pm »

We're getting somewhere!
He's understands that we need to maximise income streams! Now, to just get it through to him that piling all of your available cash into building something that, at best, will be used 25 times a year in an ideal world and most likely 2, possibly 3, times a year isn't as wise, as say, building something which you could make money on 365 days a year
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #1224 on: May 05, 2017, 18:45:25 pm »

As TFAMH has said KT has not put a foot wrong since he got here(off the pitch that is) and he certainly has a lot more business accumen when it comes to running a football club than anyone on here. I can fully understand his reluctance to announce any plans until he is certain that (a) it can go ahead without any legal issues and (b) makes good business sense for the future of the club.
If you are right Beds, I fully expect that he will be anouncing the building of safe standing as soon as all legal wrongles have been sorted out.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 05, 2017, 19:00:46 pm »

Welcome to your first visit to planet reality  Tongue

I can imagine how nice that would be. But equally I can see the more significant pitfalls of promising anything that at this point could be dashed by parties external to the club. If anything, he's probably learned from the over zealous line of promises and false dawns that DC offered.

I was very much like you are about KT with DC. Even to the point where I was threatened with legal action. But I took that stance off the back of lies that were said to my face by Peter Miller, Tony Cardoza and DC himself. Tony Clarke will tell you, I pursued DC relentlessly from his very early days. I did the same with McIntosh as well. But KT has played it straight so far. He is very media savvy. He knows people hinge on what he says, but he would love to say something, but knows a lot of what is to come does not rely on what he does, there are others who hold some cards as well.

You know as well as me mate, he will be took apart if he states something and it doesn't happen. He is the recipient of a dysfunctional perspective resulting from our years under a very deceptive regime. He shouldn't be held accountable for the damage DC did to our trust.

There's an old saying in psychiatry, "Neurotics build castles in the sky, and psychotics live in them". Well; we must have a good measure of both on here. Because there is a lot of opinions being shared, with people then taking them for real. Then moaning about them not being true.

Before the last season started the overwhelming consensus was that league one survival was a good thing. A few hours after the season had ended KT was responsible for a washout of a season. How does that work? And how can you satisfy that level of hypocrisy?

I have said elsewhere that it will be years before the ground starts showing a return, and the development that some want will come to fruition. My perspective won't shift until I see signs that KT is not doing his best to move things on. Soon as I doubt that I'll be right on to it again.
Thats a glowing endorsements of our present Chairman and the reasonings behind his inability to show his hand as 'loose lips sink ships' and all that, has made me take a step back and consider how awful I will feel when the great news finally breaks and this doubting Thomas  (see what I did there😉) will be made to wear the full glasses nose and moustache disguise at Sixfields  to avoid ridicule...
As a Northampton Town supporter..I really hope this happens to me, .sooner than later.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #1226 on: May 05, 2017, 19:44:51 pm »

As TFAMH has said KT has not put a foot wrong since he got here(off the pitch that is) and he certainly has a lot more business accumen when it comes to running a football club than anyone on here. I can fully understand his reluctance to announce any plans until he is certain that (a) it can go ahead without any legal issues and (b) makes good business sense for the future of the club.
If you are right Beds, I fully expect that he will be anouncing the building of safe standing as soon as all legal wrongles have been sorted out.
To play devil's advocate for a moment, we have absolutely no idea if any mistakes have been made off the field since KT arrived. I imagine the only person who will know that for sure is KT himself.
As has been said, he appears very media savvy.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1227 on: May 05, 2017, 22:03:14 pm »

Kettering couldnt wait to jump in their rivals ground. They sold about a thousand season tickets. I recall having a conversation outside the tavern, when I predicted that, they would have serious cash flow problems after xmas. Steady attendancies, low away followings, and very few people paying cash.
I was proven to be correct.
That ground has seen the downfall of two teams.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1228 on: May 05, 2017, 22:09:54 pm »

Kettering couldnt wait to jump in their rivals ground. They sold about a thousand season tickets. I recall having a conversation outside the tavern, when I predicted that, they would have serious cash flow problems after xmas. Steady attendancies, low away followings, and very few people paying cash.
I was proven to be correct.
That ground has seen the downfall of two teams.

No more it wont
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1229 on: May 05, 2017, 22:28:50 pm »

No more it wont
Clearly. As it was in the wrong location in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: May 05, 2017, 22:35:17 pm »

To play devil's advocate for a moment, we have absolutely no idea if any mistakes have been made off the field since KT arrived. I imagine the only person who will know that for sure is KT himself.
As has been said, he appears very media savvy.
media savvy?... not so sure there.. body language ..and unnecessary   references to others so called failures had my alarm bells ringing.. Maybe I over read things..perhaps..
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1231 on: May 09, 2017, 07:21:45 am »

When will people realise that "safe standing" does not vastly increase capacity? It is and allocated seat space that has a fold up seat and the back acts as a barrier so that it can be used either as a seat or a standing space. It does not allow, like old fashioned terracing, to squeeze more people in.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1232 on: May 09, 2017, 08:36:11 am »

When will people realise that "safe standing" does not vastly increase capacity? It is and allocated seat space that has a fold up seat and the back acts as a barrier so that it can be used either as a seat or a standing space. It does not allow, like old fashioned terracing, to squeeze more people in.

Most of us do...it's also a lot more expensive than just plain standard seating.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: May 09, 2017, 08:37:54 am »

Yo mal, you've used the plural people when singular person would have done
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: May 09, 2017, 17:31:36 pm »

Safe terracing is needed and what makes it safe is they are strictly all ticket admission  to avoid over crowding with individual areas that are well stewarded with sufficient barriers to avoid excessive swaying. Allowing for safe access and egress in emergency situations...equals very safe standing..far safer than the old school hotel end and avoids Hillsborough scenarios also a lot better than vast numbers standing in designated seating areas..
Railed seats are not  required..
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 17:35:12 pm by BedsCobb » Report Spam   Logged
Ectonteynfan

View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: May 13, 2017, 17:49:34 pm »

You can get 1.8 people in a safe standing space to every one person in a seated space so safe standing almost doubles the capacity in that stand
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: May 13, 2017, 19:31:57 pm »

You can get 1.8 people in a safe standing space to every one person in a seated space so safe standing almost doubles the capacity in that stand
our tiny stands behind the goals must never be turned into terracing or any railed seating as Sixfields is already one of the most tin pot stadium in the football league, that would make it no 1.
Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 13, 2017, 23:12:31 pm »

Dunno how many times you need telling but it always seems at least once more, you can't have any sort of standing in those stands because the gradient for seating and standing is too great.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 14, 2017, 10:55:09 am »

Dunno how many times you need telling but it always seems at least once more, you can't have any sort of standing in those stands because the gradient for seating and standing is too great.
I dont need telling I know.
It needs leaving exactly as it is but with  20 rows of cheap as posible, old school but safe terracing built up behind.
Basic and very simplistic..but the only real solution to make Sixfields a more attractive place to visit and avoiding  losing vast sums at the gate, 200k plus last season and similar  next.
But most importantly help build up the club to allow us to compete in league 1 and keeping us out of our spiritual home... the basement division.

Report Spam   Logged
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:45 am »

I think it's time you stopped peddling the £200,000 a season loss lie because it's a made up figure in your head with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support it.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: