The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:20:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Disappearing Punters?

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Punters?  (Read 117199 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1240 on: May 14, 2017, 12:00:31 pm »

I think it's time you stopped peddling the £200,000 a season loss lie because it's a made up figure in your head with absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support it.
Having an attractive away section incorporating seating and standing as previously described would prove to be a big hit with both home and visiting supporters by giving Sixfields a more professional look to it.
Several away section sell outs and as many as 5, 6000 plus home gates are forecast for next season so thats anywhere between 500 and 1500 extra ticket sales lost in a dozen games.
 Minimum losses being upwards and over £200,000 not including catering etc.
But what I consider the biggest loss we suffer is our inability to sell match day tickets to our towns young who want to walk up with friends and pay on the day for the biggest games only to be turned away due not being on the data base or unable to sit with friends due to a capacity crowds.. This is how we all became life long fans!
Also factor in at 80%plus capacity, currently we cant  do much in the way to encourage new support to Sixfields as it could impact on regulars gaining admission.
As for losing £200,000 per season, I think Im being very Conservative in my estimate, all things considered its far worse than that.
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 14, 2017, 14:11:32 pm »

When will people realise that "safe standing" does not vastly increase capacity? It is and allocated seat space that has a fold up seat and the back acts as a barrier so that it can be used either as a seat or a standing space. It does not allow, like old fashioned terracing, to squeeze more people in.

Wrong. 1.8 standing to 1 seated place is possible with rail seats. Possibly more dependent on the Green guide. There are also various different forms of safe standing tech being developed or in full use which increase capacity and KT has been to see a few. The sixfields gradient does not prevent this either.

FWIW it might be good for the club to sort an infrastructure committee with the prime focus on improving just that. It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for everyone involved with the club to sort a proper training ground and a half decent stadium. Who knows what expertise there is within the fan base? I know of at least one town planner who follows the club for instance.

In an ideal world the North would be flattened and a decent sized terrace built a la Exeter or even bigger.

Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1242 on: May 14, 2017, 15:17:07 pm »

I feel we are some way off any expansion of North or South Stands. Completion of the East is the first priority but that is taking forever. Sadly by the time we may get round to it we will probably be back in League Two.
Interesting to see that Halifax had a gate of 7,921 for the play-off final versus Chorley. Their capacity is much greater than ours (not that it has done them much good over the years mind).
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 14, 2017, 16:31:16 pm »

I feel we are some way off any expansion of North or South Stands. Completion of the East is the first priority but that is taking forever. Sadly by the time we may get round to it we will probably be back in League Two.
Interesting to see that Halifax had a gate of 7,921 for the play-off final versus Chorley. Their capacity is much greater than ours (not that it has done them much good over the years mind).
10 years ago I suggested to the club we put corperate boxes on scaffold over looking the east stand and use temporary accommodation mobile units to entertain guests, inexpensive and functional... but the belittling elements within our club claimed they had already looked into this and with the double tiered stand in the pipeline it wouldn't be cost effective..which now we all know that was utter 5hite
To avoid the continuity  of the belittling our fotball club even further I will again put forward some suggestions to the present incumbents, (Im assuming they haven't really got the £4,000,000 they claimed, which is fine) in a hope that they have no hidden agendas and have our clubs well being formost in their plans..
Fill in the voids within  the east stand with temporary boxes, sky sports did it v man utd... so no excuses, give spurs a ring they have 200 corperate boxes going in the skip next week!.. negotiate a salvage deal..
Build up a terracing at back of the south stand asap....
Fill your boots on the some free Sixfields footprint..
But for the sake of all thats sacred..Do something.. you aint getting £10m of free money as that didnt turn out too well last time😂
There can be no more excuses as to keep our club in subjection to the amount of Belittling we've suffered over the last 50 years..
All this long legal wrangling and other claims in my opinion are convenient smoke screens..
They crazy thing is everyone's asking me to speak with Thomas, but its he who needs to speak to us...

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1244 on: May 14, 2017, 17:36:26 pm »

Having an attractive away section incorporating seating and standing as previously described would prove to be a big hit with both home and visiting supporters by giving Sixfields a more professional look to it.
Several away section sell outs and as many as 5, 6000 plus home gates are forecast for next season so thats anywhere between 500 and 1500 extra ticket sales lost in a dozen games.
 Minimum losses being upwards and over £200,000 not including catering etc.
But what I consider the biggest loss we suffer is our inability to sell match day tickets to our towns young who want to walk up with friends and pay on the day for the biggest games only to be turned away due not being on the data base or unable to sit with friends due to a capacity crowds.. This is how we all became life long fans!
Also factor in at 80%plus capacity, currently we cant  do much in the way to encourage new support to Sixfields as it could impact on regulars gaining admission.
As for losing £200,000 per season, I think Im being very Conservative in my estimate, all things considered its far worse than that.
That's still not evidence. It's just more guesswork. If it helps this is what the word evidence means: the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1245 on: May 14, 2017, 21:17:04 pm »

Wrong. 1.8 standing to 1 seated place is possible with rail seats. Possibly more dependent on the Green guide. There are also various different forms of safe standing tech being developed or in full use which increase capacity and KT has been to see a few. The sixfields gradient does not prevent this either.

FWIW it might be good for the club to sort an infrastructure committee with the prime focus on improving just that. It shouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for everyone involved with the club to sort a proper training ground and a half decent stadium. Who knows what expertise there is within the fan base? I know of at least one town planner who follows the club for instance.

In an ideal world the North would be flattened and a decent sized terrace built a la Exeter or even bigger.

Good article and tend to agree with you. This is much more readable than the political opportunistic clap trap you posted recently.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest170

« Reply #1246 on: May 15, 2017, 06:42:08 am »

10 years ago I suggested to the club we put corperate boxes on scaffold over looking the east stand and use temporary accommodation mobile units to entertain guests, inexpensive and functional... but the belittling elements within our club claimed they had already looked into this and with the double tiered stand in the pipeline it wouldn't be cost effective
You talk about needing a stadium fit for League 1 and the Championship then suggest the most non league thing I have seen on here!
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: May 15, 2017, 09:21:59 am »

Lewes FC have installed some corporate beach huts and making good money from them.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11431400.Beach_ball_____footy_club_uses_huts_for_hospitality/

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1248 on: September 05, 2017, 09:10:58 am »

2016/17                                                                             2017/18
Aug - Fleetwood         -   5048  - Sat                                      Aug - Fleetwood                 - 5021 - Sat   
Aug - Wimbledon        -   4761  - Sat                                     Aug - P@@h                      - 5278 - Sat
Aug - West Brom       -    3967  - Tue (EFL Cup)                       Aug - Cambridge                - 1310 - Tue (CHK)
Aug - Wycombe          -   1334  - Tue (CHK)                            Sep - Donny                      -        - Sat
Sep - MK Dons           -    5349  - Sun                                    Sep - Pompey                    -        - Tue
Sep - Walsall             -    4937  - Sat                                     Sep - Bratfud                    -        - Sat
Sep - Man Utd           -    6854  - Wed (EFL Cup)
Sep - Southend          -    5368  - Sat
Oct - The Gas           -     5645  - Sat
Oct - Millwall            -     5889 - Sat
Oct - Bury               -     5457  - Sat
Nov - Harrow Borough -   2935 - Sat (FA Cup)
Nov - West Ham U21's -    573 - Tues (CHK)
Nov - Peterborough      -  6213 - Sat
Nov - Bolton Wanderers - 5754 - Sat
Dec - Rochdale            -  4986 - Sat
Jan - Bradford City       -  4964 - Mon
Jan - Scunny                -  5150 - Sat
Jan - Coventry City        -  6080 - Sat
Feb - Spirerites             -  5372 - Sat
Feb - Swindle               -  4671 - Tue
Feb - Oldham                -  4429 - Tue
Mar - Charlton               -  5694 - Sat
Mar - Vale                    -  4564 - Tue
Mar - Oxford                - 6035 - Sat
Apr - Sheffield United    - 5969  - Sat
Apr - Shrewsbury          - 5535  - Mon
Apr - Gillingham           - 5980 - Sun
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1249 on: September 06, 2017, 10:21:55 am »

An overall increase in home attendance compared to the two August home games last season. Pleasing.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 06, 2017, 16:29:06 pm »

But 1,000 down on the Pish game compared to last season  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1251 on: September 06, 2017, 17:06:25 pm »

But 1,000 down on the Pish game compared to last season  Undecided

Not sure we are comparing apples with apples there. The Saturday of August bank holiday weekend is always a duff weekend for attendances. So many people on holiday.

P*sh only sold out their allocation a few days before this season, even with a strong start. Last season I'm fairly sure they sold out over a week ahead.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1252 on: September 06, 2017, 20:03:00 pm »

Dunno how many times you need telling but it always seems at least once more, you can't have any sort of standing in those stands because the gradient for seating and standing is too great.
+1
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #1253 on: September 07, 2017, 08:55:53 am »

Not sure we are comparing apples with apples there. The Saturday of August bank holiday weekend is always a duff weekend for attendances. So many people on holiday.

P*sh only sold out their allocation a few days before this season, even with a strong start. Last season I'm fairly sure they sold out over a week ahead.

Agree with your point about August attendances but the dons compared to the scum as opponents isn't exactly apples to apples either i would argue.

Fleetwood and the Checkatrade are better comparisons and attendances are pretty flat year on year (ever so slight decrease in each match)
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 07, 2017, 16:06:24 pm »

To attract only another 250 fans for the Pish game (our main Derby) compared to the opening game against Fleetwood, both in the school holiday period is disappointing.
I'm pretty sure the numbers will be swelled this weekend for the arrival of JFH.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1255 on: September 07, 2017, 16:24:33 pm »

To attract only another 250 fans for the Pish game (our main Derby) compared to the opening game against Fleetwood, both in the school holiday period is disappointing.
I'm pretty sure the numbers will be swelled this weekend for the arrival of JFH.

Disappointing but hardly surprising no one wanted to see us get beaten by the Posh again!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1256 on: September 09, 2017, 20:56:23 pm »

2016/17                                                                             2017/18
Aug - Fleetwood         -   5048  - Sat                                    Aug - Fleetwood                 - 5021 - Sat   
Aug - Wimbledon        -   4761  - Sat                                    Aug - P@@h                      - 5278 - Sat
Aug - West Brom       -    3967  - Tue (EFL Cup)                     Aug - Cambridge                - 1310 - Tue (CHK)
Aug - Wycombe          -   1334  - Tue (CHK)                          Sep - Donny                      -  5107 - Sat
Sep - MK Dons           -    5349  - Sun                                   Sep - Pompey                    -        - Tue
Sep - Walsall             -    4937  - Sat                                    Sep - Bratfud                    -        - Sat
Sep - Man Utd           -    6854  - Wed (EFL Cup)
Sep - Southend          -    5368  - Sat
Oct - The Gas           -     5645  - Sat
Oct - Millwall            -     5889 - Sat
Oct - Bury               -     5457  - Sat
Nov - Harrow Borough -   2935 - Sat (FA Cup)
Nov - West Ham U21's -    573 - Tues (CHK)
Nov - Peterborough      -  6213 - Sat
Nov - Bolton Wanderers - 5754 - Sat
Dec - Rochdale            -  4986 - Sat
Jan - Bradford City       -  4964 - Mon
Jan - Scunny                -  5150 - Sat
Jan - Coventry City        -  6080 - Sat
Feb - Spirerites             -  5372 - Sat
Feb - Swindle               -  4671 - Tue
Feb - Oldham                -  4429 - Tue
Mar - Charlton               -  5694 - Sat
Mar - Vale                    -  4564 - Tue
Mar - Oxford                - 6035 - Sat
Apr - Sheffield United    - 5969  - Sat
Apr - Shrewsbury          - 5535  - Mon
Apr - Gillingham           - 5980 - Sun
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: September 10, 2017, 15:11:07 pm »

Anyone else disappointed with the turnout yesterday? I thought the JFH effect would have attracted more. Maybe if results continue to improve we'll get the numbers up.
Report Spam   Logged
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1258 on: September 10, 2017, 15:16:20 pm »

Anyone else disappointed with the turnout yesterday? I thought the JFH effect would have attracted more. Maybe if results continue to improve we'll get the numbers up.

I was surprised when they announced the attendance.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: September 10, 2017, 15:35:33 pm »

Its more the sib standard Sixfields affect neutralising JFK one.
Sixfields is the stadium equivalent of a pig with lipstick.
It doesnt work.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: