The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:46:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Disappearing Punters?

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Punters?  (Read 116931 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1460 on: January 11, 2018, 22:28:55 pm »

Dont believe what you read on Wiki..
Anybody could have posted that. 
I know, because I posted it.  Grin

Never use Wiki for info, got pulled up years ago on here by Potato Head.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 22:33:40 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1461 on: January 12, 2018, 07:12:06 am »

Its easy to sympathize with you both, but you can get round the situation by ringing the ticket office preferably well before the game which gives the Club better maneuverability in resolving any seating problem. It might mean the Club moves you to a nearby location but within ST holders area. Not sure by the way if increasing the Stadium Capacity to accommodate these occasional requests let alone justify it!

Really
Or have you just become the new financial director of Northampton ventures ltd?...
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 12, 2018, 07:18:27 am »

FFS - we all would love a better ground but put simply it is a winning and entertaining side brings in extra punters - sure you want the capacity to house them but this is a medium rather than a short term need.

Players with the entertainment value of Holmes and Pereira will add to the gate - not a thousand extra seats & when I see successive sell outs I will join the expansion now rants.

Pretty much what I've been trying to say, in a much clearer way  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 12, 2018, 07:19:52 am »

Really
Or have you just become the new financial director of Northampton ventures ltd?...

Didn't realise you'd lost your job, did they finally realise your numbers never add up?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1464 on: January 12, 2018, 19:00:52 pm »

Never use Wiki for info, got pulled up years ago on here by Potato Head.

Im curious. Who is "Potato Head"?  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1465 on: January 12, 2018, 21:00:46 pm »

Im curious. Who is "Potato Head"?  Smiley

He gives weekly update on the forthcoming (any) match; generally he is very down beat. Currently residing in USA; thank goodness.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1466 on: January 12, 2018, 21:40:34 pm »

He gives weekly update on the forthcoming (any) match; generally he is very down beat. Currently residing in USA; thank goodness.
Interesting Sobriquet that you have chosen.
As an aside, Doc, you go down the Billy a few years back?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 13, 2018, 08:19:29 am »

Pretty much what I've been trying to say, in a much clearer way  Grin
As did Kelvin Thomas, not surprisingly.
Just remain as we are in hope we get the team to the top of the league and the glory hunters will flock back again despite how uninspiring and outdated the facilities.
Hoping next time little Sixfields finally buck the trend and gives our club the platform its crying out for.
If that's the wishes of the majority of our supporters then leave things as they are albeit with an east stand fit out subject to the generosity of nbc towards our holding company. 
I know things wont change as most of our fans love Northampton ventures fc more than NTFC and its long term future.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 15, 2018, 12:04:26 pm »

Nail on the head there Beds, it's a winning team that gets bums on seats no matter how 'uninspiring' a ground you see it. If the football on offer is not up to it it doesn't matter the surroundings. MK a prime example, even Arsenal are suffering with some attendances despite having what could be argued as the best ground in the country.

You're also missing the point about most fans wanting things left as they are, the majority I know want the club to progress and develop they just aren't as blinkered in their condemnation of the club as you.

For an average league one club we are adequate, a point you clearly disagree with.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 15, 2018, 12:09:51 pm »

Is our average crowd up or down on this time last year? Also, what was the average league gate at Sixfields for last season?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #1470 on: January 15, 2018, 12:20:26 pm »

Nail on the head there Beds, it's a winning team that gets bums on seats no matter how 'uninspiring' a ground you see it.

Genuine question, how do you pay for the "winning team"? Through the deep pockets of an individual, holding the club to ransom or through other commercial revenue streams?

So far waiting for a rich man hasn't worked in 50 odd years, what next?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #1471 on: January 15, 2018, 12:32:25 pm »

You're also missing the point about most fans wanting things left as they are, the majority I know want the club to progress and develop they just aren't as blinkered in their condemnation of the club as you.

Beds - this really is the point that so many of us try to tell you - yes we all think Sixfields is poor, just about adequate for now but certainly not the stadium or facilities we need for a brighter future (beyond 10 season in L2 and two in L1 and repeat). So yes we agree with you - you are right.

However despite you theories and ideas on how this brave new world is achieved coupled with (in many people's opinion your unreasonably harsh and sometimes personal criticism of KT), the reality you, me and every other fan who wants the best for our club do not have the means to implement this - simply saying something does not make it happen.

Most of us admire your dedication to the subject and again we agree with the sentiment but you lose credibility with the excessive repetition and the personal (more based on opinion and conjecture) attacks on KT - of course I know on that last point you will feel compelled to list the charge sheet against KT (probably assisted by Random) but it kind of proves my point because it will be the same list you always trot out typically based on conjecture, or a timeline you have decided on  but in reality was never actually promised.

Again I think you are a little disrespectful to the majority of the fans on here - not too many are saying KT is some sort of white knight who has the total interest of the club at heart - I for one am sure his intention is to make some money and certainly his style of communication leaves a lot to be desired but to start labeling him as the same type of character as DC is unreasonable.

I know you truly believe a local consortium of the likes of Stonhill, Binley & Jackson would make the things we all wish happen - but remind yourself of the reason the Stonhill board at the time backed out - they simply didn't have the deep pockets required to support a professional football club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #1472 on: January 15, 2018, 12:35:07 pm »

Genuine question, how do you pay for the "winning team"? Through the deep pockets of an individual, holding the club to ransom or through other commercial revenue streams?

So far waiting for a rich man hasn't worked in 50 odd years, what next?

In the vast majority of "winning team" cases you need both - I guess in our case we have never executed either very successfully
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1473 on: January 15, 2018, 12:39:00 pm »

Is our average crowd up or down on this time last year? Also, what was the average league gate at Sixfields for last season?

Average home total league attendance last season was 6,218
Average home total league attendance so far this season is 5,622 (down 9.6%)

Average home fans attendance last season after 14 games was 5,400
Average home fans attendance this season after 14 games is 4,917   (down 9%)

Average away fans at Sixfields last season 818, this season (so far) 705
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 15:08:45 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest1269

« Reply #1474 on: January 15, 2018, 12:43:57 pm »

Average home league attendance last season was 6,218
Average home league attendance so far this season is 5,622 (down 9.6%)

Average home attendance last season after 14 games was 5,400
Average home attendance this season after 14 games is 4,917   (down 9%)

Average away fans at Sixfields last season 818, this season (so far) 705

Good stats - but before getting too depressed remember first half last season was still the honeymoon period after "that" season - this coupled with the unmitigated s***e we have been served up with this season and 100 less visiting fans I think makes up the reasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2934

« Reply #1475 on: January 15, 2018, 12:54:50 pm »

In the vast majority of "winning team" cases you need both - I guess in our case we have never executed either very successfully

That does just about sum it up!
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 15, 2018, 12:55:02 pm »

I'm anticipating a bit of a bumper crowd this Saturday with about 80/90ish MK fans.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1477 on: January 15, 2018, 13:23:44 pm »

Perfect job for those who moan that we don't make enough commercial revenue. Your opportunity to fix it.  Grin

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/commercial_executive_jan2018/
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
alstare

View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 15, 2018, 13:45:49 pm »

Beds - this really is the point that so many of us try to tell you - yes we all think Sixfields is poor, just about adequate for now but certainly not the stadium or facilities we need for a brighter future (beyond 10 season in L2 and two in L1 and repeat). So yes we agree with you - you are right.

However despite you theories and ideas on how this brave new world is achieved coupled with (in many people's opinion your unreasonably harsh and sometimes personal criticism of KT), the reality you, me and every other fan who wants the best for our club do not have the means to implement this - simply saying something does not make it happen.

Most of us admire your dedication to the subject and again we agree with the sentiment but you lose credibility with the excessive repetition and the personal (more based on opinion and conjecture) attacks on KT - of course I know on that last point you will feel compelled to list the charge sheet against KT (probably assisted by Random) but it kind of proves my point because it will be the same list you always trot out typically based on conjecture, or a timeline you have decided on  but in reality was never actually promised.

Again I think you are a little disrespectful to the majority of the fans on here - not too many are saying KT is some sort of white knight who has the total interest of the club at heart - I for one am sure his intention is to make some money and certainly his style of communication leaves a lot to be desired but to start labeling him as the same type of character as DC is unreasonable.

I know you truly believe a local consortium of the likes of Stonhill, Binley & Jackson would make the things we all wish happen - but remind yourself of the reason the Stonhill board at the time backed out - they simply didn't have the deep pockets required to support a professional football club.

Great post - 100% agree
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 15, 2018, 15:55:45 pm »

Nail on the head there Beds, it's a winning team that gets bums on seats no matter how 'uninspiring' a ground you see it. If the football on offer is not up to it it doesn't matter the surroundings. MK a prime example, even Arsenal are suffering with some attendances despite having what could be argued as the best ground in the country.

For an average league one club we are adequate, a point you clearly disagree with.
If 5000 turn up regularly, regardless of league position, to such an embarrassing excuse for a professional football stadium that serves as the only league club to a county of 700 thousand,  just imagine had we a complete east stand and an atmospheric newly built 3000 capacity  bank of terracing making  Sixfields a place of local pride and one that attracts and keep new supporters flocking back fortnightly ?

Will it make us super successful...no
Will it be full every game ...no
Will it save us from relegation...no

What it will give us is a platform in which to strive to be the best we can be in a ground that the town and county can be proud of..
How someone who didn't know where Northampton was 3 years ago can now deny its football club a modicum of development just doesn't make any sense.
A handful of boxes is  a positive but needs to be weighed against costs and lack of any other much needed development.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: