The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:18:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Disappearing Punters?

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Punters?  (Read 116921 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1440 on: January 11, 2018, 07:21:23 am »

Para1) As a matter of interest can you please name the Clubs who meet this criteria - there can’t be that many?

Para 2) This appears to be misleading information;its never easy to raise and maintain funds for ReDev. If it was then somebody would be masterminding the project (perhaps you)?

As I understand it you are not an accountant or a financial ‘wizard’ but a Builders Tradesman - which is fine.
 It is unlikely you would have the qualifications to enable you to acquire the expertise necessary in financial projects. This is not a social comment but merely an observation on your comments in para 2.

You remind me of the Roman Politician who finished every speech with the tag ‘delenda est carthago’.That is the inevitable ref to KT etc directly or otherwise.

Answer to para 1 Peterborough and 40 other clubs, But not Northampton.
Answer to para 2. Peterborough and 40 other clubs. But not Northampton.
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #1441 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:46 am »

Hospitality is much better at Sixfields than it is as Peterborough, and Luton (the only 3 I have been to). I must admit I used to think London Road was a better stadium as I like the older stadia, especially with the old low roof, but since the redevelopment the ground is crap and sole less.

The redevelopment of London Road was paid for by a government grant and local council funds. I'm pretty sure we tried that already. Nothing to do with the current owner. Except the fact he threatened to leave the stadium that they don't own or have any control over
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1442 on: January 11, 2018, 09:36:54 am »

Owl, can I firstly thank you for your engaging reply, I also apologise if my manner comes along a little brusque on occasions, ...

Evers, it's not a crusade, you said exactly the same when a few started questioning Cardoza, you were wrong then, you're wrong now.

#Neverite

I said Beds crusade, you are implying it’s yours! In common with many on here I sat on the fence with DC. I am always reticent to join in with those who resort to abusive language however just their cause.  I think your approach to the ReDev situation is wrong particularly when laced with coarse/abusive comments. Even now you failed to convince Owl of your proposals! One thing Beds does is not engage in abusive language inspite of extreme  provocation. Perhaps you can learn from him? Owl comes across as a genuine supporter and in my opinion you don’t . The architects I have met appear to be reasonable people with enlightened debating skills. All the best for the New Year.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: January 11, 2018, 09:48:37 am »

You are a avoiding the two queries put to you.
Report Spam   Logged

EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: January 11, 2018, 10:30:16 am »

try a hypothetical 12000 ground, kelvin pulled the old over exagerated 30k nonsence to scaremonger against a ground redev..
If you suspect over 12000  will want to attend..all ticket
If you susoect 10,000 may attend.. promote it to the hilt, get in some revenues.

With just 7000 we have no choice but implement restrictions on admission several times a season even in our awful non leaguesque  ground.

Change the 20,000 in my post to 12,000 and nothing changes. If we play 'boro in a 12,000 seat stadium and 8,000 want to go it will still be all ticket. If we are struggling in the league and another team can clinch promotion on our patch, even if only 4,000 of our fans are interested it will still be made all ticket to try and stop away fans flooding the home ends (effective or otherwise).

As I said I'm not wading into the redevelopment argument but simply saying a larger ground will mean more pay on the day punters is misguided, in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: January 11, 2018, 11:57:38 am »

Change the 20,000 in my post to 12,000 and nothing changes. If we play 'boro in a 12,000 seat stadium and 8,000 want to go it will still be all ticket. If we are struggling in the league and another team can clinch promotion on our patch, even if only 4,000 of our fans are interested it will still be made all ticket to try and stop away fans flooding the home ends (effective or otherwise).

As I said I'm not wading into the redevelopment argument but simply saying a larger ground will mean more pay on the day punters is misguided, in my opinion.
I reiterate my last reply, a lot less admission restrictions due to some spare capacity played out with a more professional atmospheric setting will see 2 or 3000 more regularly turning up to watch..
No bad thing eh?
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: January 11, 2018, 12:50:09 pm »

I reiterate my last reply, a lot less admission restrictions due to some spare capacity played out with a more professional atmospheric setting will see 2 or 3000 more regularly turning up to watch..
No bad thing eh?

You keep going on about a more professional atmospheric setting, I can say with as much certainty to you that increasing the capacity will not see between 2 and 3 k more fans turning up on that basis alone.

You may despise Sixfields with a passion but it is a bang average ground.

Extending the ground of 80% of the grounds in league one and two would have a minimal impact on the attendances, just like Sixfields.

There are so many examples of clubs having a lot of 'spare' capacity.

Doncaster on boxing day was roughly 50% full, where were all the extrra fans because they had space?
The Ricoh is nearly 'empty' every match.
Carlisle, it may be a dump but it's atmospheric, (in a non modern way) the same applies for Posh.
MK - well what can we say, fantastic stadium, amazing offers constantly to the locals and yet a ground that is probably two thirds empty most games.

A better ground would be great, but it certainly wouldn't result in your 'claims'

Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: January 11, 2018, 13:46:32 pm »

You keep going on about a more professional atmospheric setting, I can say with as much certainty to you that increasing the capacity will not see between 2 and 3 k more fans turning up on that basis alone.

You may despise Sixfields with a passion but it is a bang average ground.

Extending the ground of 80% of the grounds in league one and two would have a minimal impact on the attendances, just like Sixfields.

There are so many examples of clubs having a lot of 'spare' capacity.

Doncaster on boxing day was roughly 50% full, where were all the extrra fans because they had space?
The Ricoh is nearly 'empty' every match.
Carlisle, it may be a dump but it's atmospheric, (in a non modern way) the same applies for Posh.
MK - well what can we say, fantastic stadium, amazing offers constantly to the locals and yet a ground that is probably two thirds empty most games.

A better ground would be great, but it certainly wouldn't result in your 'claims'

T
Springfield park 1996 Wigan 1 cobblers 1 att 1800. (250 away)

Would our catchment be more inclined to attend a proper league stadium?

Would enhanced match day atmosphere be a draw for our younger fans to attend more regularly?

Better players from more income = more fans..
You cant Make a case a against improved ground.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: January 11, 2018, 14:09:17 pm »

Would our catchment be more inclined to attend a proper league stadium?

Would enhanced match day atmosphere be a draw for our younger fans to attend more regularly?

Better players from more income = more fans..

Which reinforces one of my previous points,

The novelty of a new ground bumps the crowds up. just like our move to Sixfields did, if my memory is correct our crowds probably doubled. An increased capacity at an existing ground does not increase it in the same way.

Out of interest, how much money did Dave Whelan pump into Wigan? How many times do you think they have sold out despite having lots available?
Add to that the fact they had over 50% empty seats in their top of the table clash recently against Shrewsbury, doesn't exactly make it atmospheric does it?
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1449 on: January 11, 2018, 14:11:36 pm »

Highfield Road, Coventry. 1967. Division 2. Att. 51,455. Coventry City v Wolverhampton Wanderers. They don't get anything like that at the Ricoh. They don't even have the capacity.

We can all pull a random stat to "prove" a case.

I do, however, understand that we need a better stadium.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest1269

« Reply #1450 on: January 11, 2018, 15:14:59 pm »

FFS - we all would love a better ground but put simply it is a winning and entertaining side brings in extra punters - sure you want the capacity to house them but this is a medium rather than a short term need.

Players with the entertainment value of Holmes and Pereira will add to the gate - not a thousand extra seats & when I see successive sell outs I will join the expansion now rants.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 11, 2018, 17:19:10 pm »

FFS - we all would love a better ground but put simply it is a winning and entertaining side brings in extra punters - sure you want the capacity to house them but this is a medium rather than a short term need.

Players with the entertainment value of Holmes and Pereira will add to the gate - not a thousand extra seats & when I see successive sell outs I will join the expansion now rants.
Holmes has gone, we couldn't retain his services or get a fair sell price because we are known as a hand to mouth  non progressive club with non league facilities.
Players only come here for a last meal ticket or to resurrect a faltering career, ie pereira, if he was ours to sell, do you think when tears up league 1 he wont be subjected to head turning interest from switched on clubs who have their acts together? Bidding will start at 60 grand but after negotiations an undisclosed fee of 90k with 10% sell on will be agreed this is what we've become due to our inability to grow our club.
Are we the only league 1 side never to have sold a player for £1m despite having several go onto play premiership football!
Peterborough have just turned down a £4m offer for a former Northampton school boy,
Had he played for us he wouldve gone months ago for undisclosed amount of shirt buttons, not because we dont know the value of players but other clubs know we cant hold out.
It all comes down to building up the club, foundations first, supporters base and corperate  interest will soon follow then the better players will be attracted and we will find ourselves starting the bidding at a £m plus.
Report Spam   Logged
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #1452 on: January 11, 2018, 17:59:07 pm »

I and two family members were season ticket holders for over 30 years, but stopped being so 3 years ago, for various reasons. We rarely go nowadays because when we do get the opportunity there are never 3 seats together in the West Stand and rarely 2 together apart from the very front or end rows. Beds is correct, a bigger stadium would increase the number of good seats available for non-season ticket holders and provide the opportunity for all of us to bring along friends, relatives, colleagues and customers when required.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 11, 2018, 18:08:42 pm »

Holmes has gone, we couldn't retain his services or get a fair sell price because we are known as a hand to mouth  non progressive club with non league facilities.
Players only come here for a last meal ticket or to resurrect a faltering career, ie pereira, if he was ours to sell, do you think when tears up league 1 he wont be subjected to head turning interest from switched on clubs who have their acts together? Bidding will start at 60 grand but after negotiations an undisclosed fee of 90k with 10% sell on will be agreed this is what we've become due to our inability to grow our club.
Are we the only league 1 side never to have sold a player for £1m despite having several go onto play premiership football!
Peterborough have just turned down a £4m offer for a former Northampton school boy,
Had he played for us he wouldve gone months ago for undisclosed amount of shirt buttons, not because we dont know the value of players but other clubs know we cant hold out.
It all comes down to building up the club, foundations first, supporters base and corperate  interest will soon follow then the better players will be attracted and we will find ourselves starting the bidding at a £m plus.

You have a talent for half truths at best - for example Ricky Holmes,you omit any fact which might dilute the effectiveness of your claim. You even fail to mention that RH put in a transfer request. Your take on RH is so misleading is that it equates to 'false information'. Inaccurate comments by you to further your claims on the Clubs status is harmful; harms the Clubs image and more to the point it alienates those whom you wish to influence.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 18:28:49 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Cordwainer2

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1454 on: January 11, 2018, 18:17:44 pm »

I and two family members were season ticket holders for over 30 years, but stopped being so 3 years ago, for various reasons. We rarely go nowadays because when we do get the opportunity there are never 3 seats together in the West Stand and rarely 2 together apart from the very front or end rows. Beds is correct, a bigger stadium would increase the number of good seats available for non-season ticket holders and provide the opportunity for all of us to bring along friends, relatives, colleagues and customers when required.
We tried to get an additional season ticket next to our 2 in the West Stand but all were taken except one in front. Almost every game there are up to a dozen seats empty next to us. Does some organisation block book them? Are they kept empty by the club to hand out to people? Always seemed a bit odd.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #1455 on: January 11, 2018, 18:42:49 pm »

We tried to get an additional season ticket next to our 2 in the West Stand but all were taken except one in front. Almost every game there are up to a dozen seats empty next to us. Does some organisation block book them? Are they kept empty by the club to hand out to people? Always seemed a bit odd.

I believe there’s quite a few companies that buy season tickets with the idea of giving them out to clients etc. Travis and Perkins have a couple near me and they are hardly ever used.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 11, 2018, 19:13:06 pm »

You have a talent for half truths at best - for example Ricky Holmes,you omit any fact which might dilute the effectiveness of your claim. You even fail to mention that RH put in a transfer request. Your take on RH is so misleading is that it equates to 'false information'. Inaccurate comments by you to further your claims on the Clubs status is harmful; harms the Clubs image and more to the point it alienates those whom you wish to influence.
The clubs status is there for all to see when they visit us.. there's no way I or anyone could make it look better, we could try sprinkle a ton of glitter over sixfields to hide its short comings? No thats been done already 😉
Re Ricky... I doubt he left as he was concerned by our meteorical rise up the football league which could see us in the championship where he doesn't want to play so handed in his notice for a transfer?
No..He left for pastures new and a more progressive club..( £350,000 plus 10% sell on if your wondering😉)
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 11, 2018, 19:19:40 pm »

Its easy to sympathize with you both, but you can get round the situation by ringing the ticket office preferably well before the game which gives the Club better manoeuvrability in resolving any seating problem. It might mean the Club moves you to a nearby location but within ST holders area. Not sure by the way if increasing the Stadium Capacity to accommodate these occasional requests let alone justify it!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 22:54:33 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 11, 2018, 19:33:39 pm »

The clubs status is there for all to see when they visit us.. there's no way I or anyone could make it look better, we could try sprinkle a ton of glitter over sixfields to hide its short comings? No thats been done already 😉
Re Ricky... I doubt he left as he was concerned by our meteorical rise up the football league which could see us in the championship where he doesn't want to play so handed in his notice for a transfer?
No..He left for pastures new and a more progressive club..( £350,000 plus 10% sell on if your wondering😉)

He put in a transfer , apparently he wished to join Charlton his home club to which he lives nearby. The point is you failed to disclose the full story on RH; do you think that was careless of you?  Another thing I think the fee was £160k.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1459 on: January 11, 2018, 21:48:58 pm »

Another thing I think the fee was £160k.
Dont believe what you read on Wiki..
Anybody could have posted that. 
I know, because I posted it.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: