The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:47:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Disappearing Punters?

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappearing Punters?  (Read 117220 times)
Coolcat

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1560 on: September 02, 2018, 20:17:57 pm »

You can add to this..
4/Price (£24) of watching 4th division football against many traditional small non league teams, doesn't make us an attractive option.
5/ The quality and professional outlook of the stadium, being non league looking does little to attract new and lapsed supporters which affects the big match atmosphere that attract fans, also lacking a large welcoming supporters bar selling food and beverages etc is something needed for cold tuesday night's.
6/ Lack of direction from the clubs owners these past 3 years, we have no future plans in which our support base can engage and get involved with,
thus giving fans an excuse not to turn up, if they dont give a **** why should l..
Basically as we have been these last 50 years😂

You had to get 6 in!  Grin

"Dad, can we go and watch the Cobblers on Sat?"
"No, I don't like the lack of direction from the owners"
"Who are the owners dad?"
"Dunno, Eric Northover I think. Enough of the questions...get upstairs and do your homework"

Behave Beds!  Grin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 20:21:08 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #1561 on: September 02, 2018, 21:11:59 pm »

"Who are the owners dad?"
"Dunno, Eric Northover I think.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1562 on: September 02, 2018, 21:19:07 pm »

Saturday vs Cheltenham will see the lowest Saturday attendance for some years. Schools only going back this week so probably too soon to arrange big groups to fill out the East Stand, our league position isn't good and the non-league sounding opposition won't attract the floaters or fill the South Stand. Could be looking at 4,500 max. This despite the fact that our football is more pleasing on the eye and we are due to give somebody a mauling. KT was right, we don't need to expand the capacity.........
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1563 on: September 03, 2018, 05:12:04 am »

KT was right, we don't need to expand the capacity.........
He must've  had great foresight and knew we would return to being a struggling  L2 side for the next decade,  playing against little previously non league teams.
And he also knew he wouldn't be hanging around to witness it.
Marvellous 😂😂
Report Spam   Logged
meccanostand

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 03, 2018, 06:21:13 am »

You can add to this..
4/Price (£24) of watching 4th division football against many traditional small non league teams, doesn't make us an attractive option.
5/ The quality and professional outlook of the stadium, being non league looking does little to attract new and lapsed supporters which affects the big match atmosphere that attract fans, also lacking a large welcoming supporters bar selling food and beverages etc is something needed for cold tuesday night's.
6/ Lack of direction from the clubs owners these past 3 years, we have no future plans in which our support base can engage and get involved with,
thus giving fans an excuse not to turn up, if they dont give a **** why should l..
Basically as we have been these last 50 years😂

What would you do to get attendances up? Bit of a difficult one with the economy as it is.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 03, 2018, 06:46:22 am »

What would you do to get attendances up? Bit of a difficult one with the economy as it is.
Any major efforts in attempting to attract new supporters to little antiquated Sixfields as it is, is futile  its quite an embarrassment to the town and doesn't lend itself to civic pride and for locals to want to be feel apart of it.
The only way to reverse the decline is to have a working redevelopment plan in progress that involves capturing the intrests of whole town and catchment making them feel part of what is being proposed, timelines, dead lines, gaining investment, sponsorship etc.
The trust could collect ideas from the support base as to what we want to see happen to the ground, take a vote on the best workable suggestions  and put it into practice with hopefully new owners who are happy to work with the supporters to get things done right.
Just about polar opposite of how we are now.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1566 on: September 03, 2018, 07:57:01 am »

Any major efforts in attempting to attract new supporters to little antiquated Sixfields as it is, is futile  its quite an embarrassment to the town and doesn't lend itself to civic pride and for locals to want to be feel apart of it.
The only way to reverse the decline is to have a working redevelopment plan in progress that involves capturing the intrests of whole town and catchment making them feel part of what is being proposed, timelines, dead lines, gaining investment, sponsorship etc.
The trust could collect ideas from the support base as to what we want to see happen to the ground, take a vote on the best workable suggestions  and put it into practice with hopefully new owners who are happy to work with the supporters to get things done right.
Just about polar opposite of how we are now.

Are you as boring in real life, or is this your real life?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3230

« Reply #1567 on: September 03, 2018, 12:28:38 pm »

My real concern for Beds is when the stadium is sorted one way or the other,  what's he going to do with his life?
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 03, 2018, 12:53:46 pm »

My real concern for Beds is when the stadium is sorted one way or the other,  what's he going to do with his life?

Go back to supporting Luton?
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1569 on: September 03, 2018, 13:12:08 pm »

Go back to supporting Luton?

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 03, 2018, 13:36:11 pm »

Not feeling the love on here today, after all I do you for guys in the hunt for truth and justice.🤔😎
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1571 on: September 03, 2018, 13:44:18 pm »

You guys
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1572 on: September 03, 2018, 13:47:57 pm »

How is the "Kohlerdome" coming along Beds?  Wink Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 03, 2018, 13:50:44 pm »

Not feeling the love on here today, after all I do you for guys in the hunt for truth and justice.🤔😎

I would like to fully state my position in a clear and concise manner on the above.

You do absolutely nothing for me and never will. You don't speak, think or act for me in any fashion at any time in the past present or future.
Report Spam   Logged

BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 03, 2018, 15:31:35 pm »

I would like to fully state my position in a clear and concise manner on the above.

You do absolutely nothing for me and never will. You don't speak, think or act for me in any fashion at any time in the past present or future.
so why do you keep replying 😂
You need me in your life😗
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1575 on: September 03, 2018, 16:25:56 pm »

so why do you keep replying 😂
You need me in your life😗

1.I want to.
2.It's OK as I already know enough Luton fans, one.(more than enough)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 16:28:55 pm by Ron Obvious » Report Spam   Logged

guest3114

« Reply #1576 on: September 03, 2018, 21:42:38 pm »

1.I want to.
2.It's OK as I already know enough Luton fans, one.(more than enough)
Dont be too hard on him Ron, your consultancy days should tell you that Beds only real problem is is thinking solely with the heart and never with the head? That’s emotion for you.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1577 on: September 03, 2018, 21:46:24 pm »

We missed an opportunity to increase the fan base by not having a big enough to capacity to capitalise on the 2016 league title success. We went 31 games unbeaten in the end. But because of our limited income streams we couldn't keep hold of our manager or better players. And then the rot creeps in and we end up back to where we always do, playing these small, less attractive clubs.
Win a few games and the numbers will rise a bit but there is a feeling of apathy around with no motivation from our chairman to get people up there to share in his vision -because we don't know what it is.
I'm a season ticket holder, been a regular for 32 years and enjoyed what I witnessed on Saturday but trying to talk the floaters back isn't easy.
Report Spam   Logged
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 03, 2018, 23:05:46 pm »

been regular for 32 years and enjoyed what I witnessed on Saturday but trying to talk the floaters back isn't easy.

I stab at them with the brush.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1579 on: September 04, 2018, 05:19:27 am »

I stab at them with the brush.
i leave floaters for someone else to deal with.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 88   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: