The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:07:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Hotel End Biker Club

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hotel End Biker Club  (Read 8188 times)
guest48

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 16:25:31 pm »

Think Bike Think Biker..... complete tossers who drive like twats weaving in and out, undertaking etc.... all I think about when I think about bikers is wankers. Why don't they think about themselves first before asking for it from everybody else.

Rant over Grin Grin Grin Grin
Brixworth, every post you make ,you come over as such a nice bloke  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3181

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 21:36:25 pm »

She was everything to Kingsthorpe.  Never will there be another Bike like her.

(VILLIERS, OF COURSE!!!!)

XXXXX
Report Spam   Logged
guest3114

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2018, 20:10:45 pm »

Think Bike Think Biker..... complete tossers who drive like twats weaving in and out, undertaking etc.... all I think about when I think about bikers is wankers. Why don't they think about themselves first before asking for it from everybody else.

Rant over Grin Grin Grin Grin
Absolute nonsense, I’m a biker and I only ever think about myself. Why don’t these people get their facts straight before tippy tappying on their keyboards, idiots.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2020, 04:18:13 am »

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted on this hotbed of biker news, but I’ve fell in love with the new Triumph Rocket 3 (with a Claret paint job obviously). Checked it out in the local showroom and they had to prize my hands of the handlebars. Anyone got any knowledge on this pulse raising beauty other than the usual MCN claptrap?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2020, 06:36:07 am »

Got myself a new(collectors bike) last month. A mint 1992 Kawasaki KR1S, the fastest ever production 250 that screams along at a very impressive 139mph.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2020, 02:06:58 am »

Get ya spanner’s our mate. Beautiful bike, but tight as a Nuns chuff in terms of tuning.

When do I get a go on it 😀😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2020, 06:40:35 am »

Get ya spanner’s our mate. Beautiful bike, but tight as a Nuns chuff in terms of tuning.

When do I get a go on it 

You have to play tunes on the gearbox. The KIPS helps a bit with the powerband, but when it kicks in it nearly wrenches your arms off. Definately needs a steering damper, they tend to shake their heads at every opportunity. I sourced so,e barrels for our Mick's LC the other day so we should be able to take that out for a spin soon.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2020, 06:43:36 am by singcobb » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2020, 23:30:14 pm »

Heard it’s like trying to turn an ocean liner? Also got some tricky domestic negotiations to overcome, so it’s going to be a challenge all round. Still I have to do something, the Street Triple is playing havoc with my old knees. The deaf and dumb doesn’t like it either. Pegs forward methinks, as long as I get sign off from her indoors obviously?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 23:34:19 pm »

Hiw come I've only just seen this thread...
BMW S1000r sport, but I didn't get out on it much last year.
Prior to that modern Triumph. The last two being a Sprint St and a Tiger.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2020, 22:36:11 pm »

Hiw come I've only just seen this thread...
BMW S1000r sport, but I didn't get out on it much last year.
Prior to that modern Triumph. The last two being a Sprint St and a Tiger.

I’ve got the green light on the Rocket from her indoors. Won’t be getting it quite yet obviously, nevertheless a small ray of sunshine in a dark world.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2020, 09:32:05 am »

I’ve got the green light on the Rocket from her indoors. Won’t be getting it quite yet obviously, nevertheless a small ray of sunshine in a dark world.
I do like the look of her Melly, she definitely has attitude, nicer than the previous incarnation. I think she would be a little heavy for me atm though. Will it be the R or GT?
I've had a licence for 30 years and done quite a lot. When I got home from Norway last summer I convinced myself the docs were wrong and I was better than I was, and so got out on my bike twice in the first fortnight...only to fill with petrol and go round the block but still much to the bemusement of the mrs. Then I got taken to Walsgrave A/E under a blue light. It was a much shorter stay than my previous emergency stay at Bergen hospital (and no helicopter needed this time) but when I got out I had completely lost my nerve. Not just for getting on a bike...I was scared to do anything. I tried again a couple of times late last autumn but couldn't get further than about a mile outside the village before the demons in my head started up. The bike sat in my garage over winter and in early Feb time CV also lodges itself in my brain. All this time my best mate had been trying to convince me for my safety that my biking days should be over and to get myself a four wheel equivalent. I'd gained a lot more confidence over the winter months generally but still couldn't shake the head demons that were putting me off getting out on the bike, but then something clicked and 'I had a word with myself' and managed to go for a 30 mile spin with no issues or problems. Cant really explain it but I've since told my mate the CV put everything in context and concentrated my mind, and maybe there's some truth in that. Since then I've been out two or three times for decentish rides up until the friday before last when I was a patient for the day again, and although I get home tired and have to recoup a little I was really beginning to look forward to a summer biking again..
Oh well, like everything else atm, that will have to wait.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2020, 10:29:02 am »

I do like the look of her Melly, she definitely has attitude, nicer than the previous incarnation. I think she would be a little heavy for me atm though. Will it be the R or GT?
I've had a licence for 30 years and done quite a lot. When I got home from Norway last summer I convinced myself the docs were wrong and I was better than I was, and so got out on my bike twice in the first fortnight...only to fill with petrol and go round the block but still much to the bemusement of the mrs. Then I got taken to Walsgrave A/E under a blue light. It was a much shorter stay than my previous emergency stay at Bergen hospital (and no helicopter needed this time) but when I got out I had completely lost my nerve. Not just for getting on a bike...I was scared to do anything. I tried again a couple of times late last autumn but couldn't get further than about a mile outside the village before the demons in my head started up. The bike sat in my garage over winter and in early Feb time CV also lodges itself in my brain. All this time my best mate had been trying to convince me for my safety that my biking days should be over and to get myself a four wheel equivalent. I'd gained a lot more confidence over the winter months generally but still couldn't shake the head demons that were putting me off getting out on the bike, but then something clicked and 'I had a word with myself' and managed to go for a 30 mile spin with no issues or problems. Cant really explain it but I've since told my mate the CV put everything in context and concentrated my mind, and maybe there's some truth in that. Since then I've been out two or three times for decentish rides up until the friday before last when I was a patient for the day again, and although I get home tired and have to recoup a little I was really beginning to look forward to a summer biking again..

Mate, good for you. Seems like you have been right in the wars me old mate? For what it’s worth my advice would be don't force yourself to do something just for the sake of it. However if it’s a positive and/or liberating experience and within your capabilities, go for it. You only live once. There’s nothing like raising the pulse and the old adrenaline levels for a bit of therapeutic rehabilitation? On a personal note, R or GT? Its a tester and one I am yet to resolve? Keep safe old mate.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2020, 16:15:37 pm »

Mate, good for you. Seems like you have been right in the wars me old mate? For what it’s worth my advice would be don't force yourself to do something just for the sake of it. However if it’s a positive and/or liberating experience and within your capabilities, go for it. You only live once. There’s nothing like raising the pulse and the old adrenaline levels for a bit of therapeutic rehabilitation? On a personal note, R or GT? Its a tester and one I am yet to resolve? Keep safe old mate.
It's the endorphins that I seek DC, don't we all?
There's nothing better (well almost, if you know what I mean!), than getting on your bike and going for a ride when the roads are dry, the suns out and your heads in the right place, but you are right we also have to take note of what our bodies are telling us, increasingly so.
Stay safe down there

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 21:25:01 pm »

It's the endorphins that I seek DC, don't we all?
There's nothing better (well almost, if you know what I mean!), than getting on your bike and going for a ride when the roads are dry, the suns out and your heads in the right place, but you are right we also have to take note of what our bodies are telling us, increasingly so.
Stay safe down there

on a separate note went into the office on the old street triple last Thursday. A balmy 24 degrees and if you know Melbourne picked up Beach Road in Mordialloc and went all the way to East Brighton. Talk about clear your head and forget your woes, just what I needed.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 09:58:06 am »

I dont know it DC but you are making me very jealous.
East Brighton is where the nephew lives, a couple of blocks the other side of the North rd from the cemetery. I only know that because I've just asked Mrs CJ his address. He's on her side.
He doesn't ride though, maybe I will suggest he starts.
Non related bike story...I went to the Italian Dolomites on the S1000 in 2018 and found myself at top of Stelvio (well you've got to, havent you?). This aussie couple see me get off the bike, come over and ask me to take their pic with the famous hairpins as a backdrop. I ask what they are on, and they point to an RT with a uk plate, which when I look closer was a Wolaston motors plate like mine. Having expressed surprise because I didnt know Wolaston rented bikes (because they dont) it turned out that for 6 out of last 7 years they have spent 4 months touring europe on their bike and when they go home they store it at Bike Shuttle just down road from me on the A5.
What a way to spend your retirement eh? Didn't ask, but bet they dont carry a tent lol.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 11:34:00 am »

I dont know it DC but you are making me very jealous.
East Brighton is where the nephew lives, a couple of blocks the other side of the North rd from the cemetery. I only know that because I've just asked Mrs CJ his address. He's on her side.
He doesn't ride though, maybe I will suggest he starts.
Non related bike story...I went to the Italian Dolomites on the S1000 in 2018 and found myself at top of Stelvio (well you've got to, havent you?). This aussie couple see me get off the bike, come over and ask me to take their pic with the famous hairpins as a backdrop. I ask what they are on, and they point to an RT with a uk plate, which when I look closer was a Wolaston motors plate like mine. Having expressed surprise because I didnt know Wolaston rented bikes (because they dont) it turned out that for 6 out of last 7 years they have spent 4 months touring europe on their bike and when they go home they store it at Bike Shuttle just down road from me on the A5.
What a way to spend your retirement eh? Didn't ask, but bet they dont carry a tent lol.
How about this Rich, get yourself well and when this virus thing is over, score yourself a trip over to see the nephew.? I’ll organise a bike and we’ll do the Dandenong Ranges through to the end of the Mornington Peninsular through Arthur’s Seat and back down the coast to Brighton? Hairpins coming out of your ears, you make it I’ll sort it, what do you say?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 11:41:03 am »

How about this Rich, get yourself well and when this virus thing is over, score yourself a trip over to see the nephew.? I’ll organise a bike and we’ll do the Dandenong Ranges through to the end of the Mornington Peninsular through Arthur’s Seat and back down the coast to Brighton? Hairpins coming out of your ears, you make it I’ll sort it, what do you say?
That sounds like a perfect panacea DC, not that I've even taken a look at that route yet.
Good of you.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 19:17:55 pm »

I am trying desperately to find a company that will collect my KR1S from the UK and bring it here to the fatherland, as it is almost certain I wont be over there to ride it this summer. The NX650 is fun, but eff me the KR is just mental.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 22:07:27 pm »

I am trying desperately to find a company that will collect my KR1S from the UK and bring it here to the fatherland, as it is almost certain I wont be over there to ride it this summer. The NX650 is fun, but eff me the KR is just mental.
Any International transport company should arrange this from Ceva Logistics through to Pickfords? However, a local import/export agent would be the best place to start? I use one in Oz and they collect and deliver to me pallets of stuff from as far apart as Thailand and the UK. I just pick up the phone and they sort everything. I am not sure what the regulations are regarding vehicles into Germany but make sure you have any necessary paperwork in order. I brought a car and tried to bring another both over to Australia and the story around what happened to me has served many people well over the years? Don’t assume it’s always straight forward, although I can’t envisage any issues transporting within Europe.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2020, 22:44:01 pm »

That sounds like a perfect panacea DC, not that I've even taken a look at that route yet.
Good of you.

This is what you can rent over here. This outfit are in Ringwood, take your pick?

https://www.eaglerider.com/melbourne/motorcycle-rental
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: