The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:55:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Hotel End Biker Club

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hotel End Biker Club  (Read 8185 times)
singcobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2020, 07:30:39 am »

Any International transport company should arrange this from Ceva Logistics through to Pickfords? However, a local import/export agent would be the best place to start? I use one in Oz and they collect and deliver to me pallets of stuff from as far apart as Thailand and the UK. I just pick up the phone and they sort everything. I am not sure what the regulations are regarding vehicles into Germany but make sure you have any necessary paperwork in order. I brought a car and tried to bring another both over to Australia and the story around what happened to me has served many people well over the years? Don’t assume it’s always straight forward, although I can’t envisage any issues transporting within Europe.

The paperwork and registering the bike are easy. I have a LHD headlight already(that was like trying to find hen's teeth). The issue is finding a company who think they will be able to get across the borders, due to the nature of the cargo some neanderthals at the border controls might not consider it essential.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2020, 09:51:20 am »

The paperwork and registering the bike are easy. I have a LHD headlight already(that was like trying to find hen's teeth). The issue is finding a company who think they will be able to get across the borders, due to the nature of the cargo some neanderthals at the border controls might not consider it essential.
all I can tell you Sing is that a week ago I asked our agents to pick a pallet up from Warrington and deliver it to Victoria and a week later it turned up? That’s with all the virus thing going on? Go and talk to an import agent, it goes on all day every day. Won’t be cheap though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2020, 10:50:05 am »

all I can tell you Sing is that a week ago I asked our agents to pick a pallet up from Warrington and deliver it to Victoria and a week later it turned up? That’s with all the virus thing going on? Go and talk to an import agent, it goes on all day every day. Won’t be cheap though.
I've had a quote of 425 quid door to door which isn't bad at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2020, 14:46:59 pm »

I've had a quote of 425 quid door to door which isn't bad at all.
Bargain Id say 👍
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2020, 14:54:22 pm »

Started riding to work now the weather has improved. I'm lucky that it takes me on a bit of a decent route through countryside and forest, so very pleasant.

Report Spam   Logged
Mawsley

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2020, 10:03:27 am »

Hello forum. Tried this last night, let's see if it works now...I got my Tiger during lockdown, but had to wait to pick it up. Looking forward to flying to some L.1 away games on it now Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged

Ambivalent about the lumination of major conurbations
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2020, 11:29:20 am »

Hello forum. Tried this last night, let's see if it works now...I got my Tiger during lockdown, but had to wait to pick it up. Looking forward to flying to some L.1 away games on it now Cheesy

Nice one mate. Quite like the idea of one of those, or the BMW R1200 as a second bike. The BMW is expensive though. So I wouldn't mind hearing your feedback on the Triumph.
Report Spam   Logged
Mawsley

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2020, 12:26:49 pm »

Nice one mate. Quite like the idea of one of those, or the BMW R1200 as a second bike. The BMW is expensive though. So I wouldn't mind hearing your feedback on the Triumph.

Only up to 750 miles atm, but it appears to give me everything I want from a bike. It can scratch, tour and commute. Fair bit of heat from the engine, but then anything I've had with a triple, quad or V-twin has pumped out hotness. The soft seat could be better - but is still able to cope with the 200 miles between fill ups. Changing modes on the fly is a breeze, and really noticeable - you can feel the entire bike get taught as you engage sports mode, and becoming a comfy armchair when you slacken it all off.

All told, I'm delighted with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Ambivalent about the lumination of major conurbations
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2020, 16:26:41 pm »

My brother has bought a BMW GS1250. It is fuggly. I have a problem with the boxer engine look. Still waiting to get my KR1S over here for what is left of the summer.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2020, 16:29:23 pm »

My brother has bought a BMW GS1250. It is fuggly. I have a problem with the boxer engine look. Still waiting to get my KR1S over here for what is left of the summer.

Very nice, the only thing that gets me with the modern bikes is the stupid looking silencers. Go old school with a set of straight throughs. Nothing like blasting through the underground carpark at Weston Favel Centre giving the grannies a heart attack. I used to go to away games on my Suzuki GS750 and later on my CBX1000.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2020, 21:51:14 pm »

Coincidentally so has my brother in law, he’s not best pleased with it either? Eye watering purchase price for a bag of bolts? On a separate note anyone watch Fortnine on YouTube, I’m addicted me? Oh and I am still prevaricating over the Rocket.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2020, 09:10:55 am »

I just recently traded the S1000r for an unreg S1000xr triple black. Wollaston 'found' me one six months after supplies dryed up. I'm getting off tired, but absolutely loving it so far Grin
44teeth on youtube is a favourite of mine Melbourne (and stop prevaricating, that does no one any good. Instinct is all you need).
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2020, 12:49:52 pm »

Coincidentally so has my brother in law, he’s not best pleased with it either? Eye watering purchase price for a bag of bolts?

Virtually the same price as most of the inferior rivals
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2020, 21:58:44 pm »

Virtually the same price as most of the inferior rivals

There are not many that are inferior to it, bar Harley Davidsons(don't forget to collect your free plough to go with your tractor). You need a smoker, you just haven't come to terms with your needs for speed.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Why?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2020, 00:42:41 am »

May I join you?:

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2020, 13:18:00 pm »

I see a few of the later versions of that around here. The old farmers use them to pop to the pub and back.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2020, 22:56:04 pm »

There are not many that are inferior to it, bar Harley Davidsons(don't forget to collect your free plough to go with your tractor). You need a smoker, you just haven't come to terms with your needs for speed.  Grin

Been there and done it....

Like I said. Let me know when you want that pic of you next to it.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 23:19:57 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2020, 07:32:31 am »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2020, 18:09:22 pm »

You do know that Greta puts Castrol R on her cornflakes.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2020, 20:30:42 pm »

I had a 1974 Honda 500/4, quite a rare bike, I bought it off a mate, just after he and the bike had appeared as extras in a film.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: