The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 00:59:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

"David Cardoza demands more from Northampton players"

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "David Cardoza demands more from Northampton players"  (Read 2814 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 07:33:41 am »

24th longest serving manager apparently. Is this the sign of a trigger happy chairman?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 09:33:54 am »

I listened to the BBC interview with DC.  He is blaming the players for under performing rather than AB, singling out Platt & O'Donovan and commented that they are high earners and need to score goals. It is the first time I can recall that the Chairman has pointed the finger at certain players.  Today we face the prospect of a dour defensive performance largely dependent for a goal on Hackett & O'Donovan getting behind the Wimbledon defence.  If it is another defeat then the pressure on AB mounts whatever the Chairman said.  So far the crowd have stayed with the team and manager but if it turns the Chairman's patience will be sorely tested.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 11:02:15 am »

Of course its AB's fault he's the one that brings the players in.

Surely the chairman has final sign-off on player recruitment?!
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 11:03:45 am »

Goals win games. Forwards are generally higher paid players. Midfield needs to supply the bullets though. Earn your money chaps!
 What is the point of J J Hooper? Pre season goals against non league teams and barely seen since?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2013, 11:06:05 am »

I'm actually not losing faith in AB through all this as much as I am in DC.

Apart from the youth development, can anyone name anything that has got better at NTFC in the DC era?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »

We're still in business and in the football league. This is better than Direones and the Poppies (I know Ktfc haven't been in the league). We have developed players who have been able to step up in the leagues and gained significant transfer fees for them.
 Hopefully we will be breaking ground on improved facilities soon.

Apart from these. Mmmm. Nothing
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2013, 22:01:13 pm »

We're still in business and in the football league. This is better than Direones and the Poppies (I know Ktfc haven't been in the league). We have developed players who have been able to step up in the leagues and gained significant transfer fees for them.

Grin +++
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2013, 07:24:45 am »

As far as I'm concerned AB made three big errors in the summer:

1. Messing around with the defence and failing to replace Langmead, Carlisle or Cameron
2. Signing too many 'ball playing' midfielders and failing to replace Guttridge's bite
3. Failing to sign a goalscorer to replace Bayo

There have been signs in the last two games, especially yesterday's, that mistakes 1 and 2 have been at least partially rectified. If we'd had Reid and Doumbe in from the start of the season, I reckon we would have beaten Torquay and Exeter and we'd be six points better off right now.

Meanwhile, AB may just have found Collins' best position: as a deep lying defensive midfielder protecting the back four and allowing the likes of Carter and Morris to attack with a bit more freedom. Having him sitting there means we're a lot less vulnerable to being sliced open through the middle on the counter attack.

Of course, problem number 3 remains a big issue. The best we can hope for really is to bring in a decent loanee to cover us until January and then sign someone who will carry a permanent goal threat. I personally think we could do a lot worse than to sign Jake Hyde from Barnet, a man who scored 15 goals at this level last year for a struggling side and who is very keen to get back into the league. 

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2013, 09:34:45 am »

When DC first arrived, remaining in the football league wasn't even on the radar of most fans (myself included), dropping into the conference just wasn't in our thinking.

As for a couple of non-league clubs locally, I can't say they've ever been particularly relevant. I tend to measure NTFC's success against other established league sides of similar size.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 09:56:52 am »

When DC first arrived, remaining in the football league wasn't even on the radar of most fans (myself included), dropping into the conference just wasn't in our thinking.

As for a couple of non-league clubs locally, I can't say they've ever been particularly relevant. I tend to measure NTFC's success against other established league sides of similar size.
Oxford Cambridge Stockport  and Luton?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2013, 10:08:30 am »

Beat me to it! Finishing bottom previously and also applying for re election several times when I was a young lad in the early 80's means that it has been on the radar despite any blinkers of thinking were big.

Grimsby, Hereford, Lincoln City, Darlington, Wrexham.....

I'm certain that there are many supporters that would trade places in a heartbeat
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 10:11:29 am by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2013, 11:30:49 am »

I have been really pleased to see that priority has been given to addressing our defensive frailties ahead of bringing in another striker.  Bill Shankly always said that great teams are built around the two centre halves, and I've been well chuffed with the signings of Doumbe and Reid.  Invest in a bit of class at this level in those positions and you won't go far wrong.  Clean sheets breed confidence elsewhere on the park.  I don't know where this leaves Tozer now who I have never rated post Anfield.
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2013, 17:57:22 pm »

I have been really pleased to see that priority has been given to addressing our defensive frailties ahead of bringing in another striker.  Bill Shankly always said that great teams are built around the two centre halves, and I've been well chuffed with the signings of Doumbe and Reid.  Invest in a bit of class at this level in those positions and you won't go far wrong.  Clean sheets breed confidence elsewhere on the park.  I don't know where this leaves Tozer now who I have never rated post Anfield.
   Spot on.
 Agreed as I have  said, ''you build from the back''
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: