The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:27:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Dag & Red (h) - 19th Oct

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dag & Red (h) - 19th Oct  (Read 5519 times)
A view from the east

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2013, 22:31:54 pm »

.......agreed but if he'd have signed one of his famous fifteen better players than akinfenwa the clubs leading scorer the previous season he may not have had to sign loan players at all.......the path that had previously been said that we would not be relying on this season.

A lot was made at a previous fans forum about lessons being learnt about an over reliance on young loan players.

When you fail to permanently replace last years too scorer with a proven replacement and then bring in three inexperienced loan players is it not fair to say that the lessons that were said to have been learned have quickly been forgotten??
But if , but if...........
Do we have to go on with these post mortems incessantly ?
We are where we are and we need to get on with what we've got and that includes the manager. Today was better , not much but it was.
Harping on about the past wont get us out of the s*** , we need to stick together and get behind the team.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2013, 22:58:24 pm »

Brickowski, my point is that Aidy has got payers in on a permanent basis, then wont play them. Harriot being another. Why the hell bring them in if he is just going to play. a very poor loan signing instead. Dallas is not that good,  Norris had a good start today so will wait and see. If Aidy had done his job correctly the club would not be paying wages to players who are not going to play.
 View From The East, you state in a previous post " ... we are moving in the right direction..." really ? we are second from bottom for fcuks sake, where would we be if we were moving in the wrong direction ?

Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2013, 07:43:46 am »

One plus today was a much improved performance by Carter but I remain concerned that as a unit midfield is not performing well.  This is the first time that D&R have taken a point off us and that illustrates where we are.  There is no one on the bench who can come on and change the course of the game and I do wonder why some of them are on the payroll since several are unlikely to feature.  I thought Dagger's No. 9  Murphy was impressive - just the type of forward we need and never sign.  I don't think we are a relegation side but a long season lies ahead. 
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2013, 08:22:17 am »

The blame for this has to rest squarely on the defence.

If you score 2 goals at home you should win the game. Simple as that.

Agreed, With a capital A!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2013, 08:58:22 am »

I remember when we lost to Bradford one of their fans said they were releasing Zavon Hines and he could really do a job for us on the left wing. Subsequently he was released and Daggers singed him a couple of months ago on a free.....

He also had trials with MK before signing for Daggers..

Why the fook didn't we bring him him?

Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2013, 09:31:36 am »

Brickowski, my point is that Aidy has got payers in on a permanent basis, then wont play them. Harriot being another. Why the hell bring them in if he is just going to play. a very poor loan signing instead. Dallas is not that good,  Norris had a good start today so will wait and see. If Aidy had done his job correctly the club would not be paying wages to players who are not going to play.
 View From The East, you state in a previous post " ... we are moving in the right direction..." really ? we are second from bottom for fcuks sake, where would we be if we were moving in the wrong direction ?

Just opinions tcobb , based on watching every home game this season I do think we are improving and yes going in the right direction.
Its not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but whats going to change , personnel wise , realistically ?
We are stuck with AB's mistakes and its only them that will get us out of this mess.

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2013, 09:37:02 am »

.......agreed but if he'd have signed one of his famous fifteen better players than akinfenwa the clubs leading scorer the previous season he may not have had to sign loan players at all.......the path that had previously been said that we would not be relying on this season.

A lot was made at a previous fans forum about lessons being learnt about an over reliance on young loan players.

When you fail to permanently replace last years too scorer with a proven replacement and then bring in three inexperienced loan players is it not fair to say that the lessons that were said to have been learned have quickly been forgotten??
zzzz bayos last 6 months was s*** here. i mean really terrible. you all want him back. boothroyd has had a bad 3 months. you all want him out. dont get it
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2013, 09:47:33 am »

It really is time we forgot about Akinfenwa and moved on.  At the Forum AB said in so many words that he is overweight and his KFC & MacDonalds diet suggests he lacks self-discipline.  It will be interesting to see who is the striker due to arrive this week.  I hope it is not another rookie.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2013, 10:04:59 am »

It really is time we forgot about Akinfenwa and moved on.  At the Forum AB said in so many words that he is overweight and his KFC & MacDonalds diet suggests he lacks self-discipline.  It will be interesting to see who is the striker due to arrive this week.  I hope it is not another rookie.

Bayo was taking the piss at training when he was here under Gray and Sammo.  It was well known that he turned up when he liked and left when he liked, often arriving half an hour late.  Because of his injury he was allowed to work out on the weights rather than participate in the full training session.  That was fine as long as he was banging the goals in, but as soon as his move to Gillingham was rejected last January, he went right off the boil. He's hardly setting the world alight down at the Priestfield. 

That said, ADB's big mistake in my opinion was betting his house on Clive Platt.  I previously said that Kevin Ellison or Paul Benson (20 goals in his last 60 apps) would both have been more productive for us; both of them scored again yesterday and both their teams are flying high.  Ellison (26 goals in 72 apps) scored a belter for Morecambe yesterday that frankly is beyond Platt's ability. 
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2013, 10:37:41 am »

zzzz bayos last 6 months was **** here. i mean really terrible. you all want him back. boothroyd has had a bad 3 months. you all want him out. dont get it

I don't think Shoey wants Boothroyd axed. Neither does he want Bayo back, in fact he was one of those calling for Bayo to go, and to then be replaced.
The point he is making (and it's a valid one), we weren't going to be relying on loans this season, but instead would be looking to build a small squad of quality (quality?) signings. This hasn't happened, partly because of injuries, but also because AB got things so badly wrong with his summer recruitment.
Footnote: family members over from Canada accompanied me today, and they thoroughly enjoyed the game. It was much better, bar some horrendous defending and some odd tactical decisions? But the next seven days are massive. Three points are a must. Anything more will be superb, but anything less and I will begin to worry.
Oh, and Demon? Get rid now.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2013, 12:04:25 pm »

Widdowson, Heath, Hornby, Platt, Nicholl, ROD, Langers. That's 7 players
who were not available due to injury yesterday. To put
It into context, 5 or 6 of those would be included in our strongest starting line up.

That's some injury list...

No league2 team would be able effectively ride out such a crisis. The general consensus is that we have to tough things out at this moment in time and I'm very much in that camp. Couldn't believe the booing at half time yesterday...really annoyed me. Im the first to 'have a go' when I see a York type performance and set up of the team, but yesterday quite frankly we played well and was just plain unlucky to be losing the match. I don't get our fans at all some times!
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2013, 12:57:16 pm »

No league2 team would be able effectively ride out such a crisis. The general consensus is that we have to tough things out at this moment in time and I'm very much in that camp. Couldn't believe the booing at half time yesterday...really annoyed me. Im the first to 'have a go' when I see a York type performance and set up of the team, but yesterday quite frankly we played well and was just plain unlucky to be losing the match. I don't get our fans at all some times!
Whilst I agree to a certain extent, Heath and Langmead have effective cover at the moment, so I wouldn't count those two - but it's the lack of options up top which is the alarming thing. Nicholls and Platt (and Blyth) have been known to be out for long enough for something to be done about it. It's clear that a 21 year old L1 reserve striker probably isn't capable of lasting 90 mins, and while I appreciate Toney being given a go he clearly isn't big enough yet to make any positive impression, and it's unfair on him to be the sole fit replacement. He should be learning his trade in non-league at the moment - there's no way he's going to develop his skills chasing high balls against experienced L2 centre-halves who are twice his weight. We've certainly seen enough to know that .
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2013, 13:10:07 pm »

Langers would be 1st pick for me!

Duke

Widdowson
Langers
Reid
Amankwah

Hackett
Collins
Hornby
ROD

Platt
Nicholls

Subs; Snedker, Doumbe, Tozer, Carter, Deegan, Emerton and Toney.

So I would have started 6. Of course this is based on their pre-injury form etc.

What stands out though that even with a fully fit squad we would still have no real attacking impact player to call upon. That's the part I just don't get as far as Aidys summer work was concerned. Im looking forward to seeing who on earth this proven striker is he hopes to bring in for Tuesday!

Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2013, 17:45:50 pm »

AB strikes me as the type who doesn't seem to know when to make the most of a good situation;

Last season, when we got into a challenging position, instead of employing some ambition away from home which could (would) have achieved automatic promotion, he persisted with the negative, play for a point tactics that had failed for most of the season - a missed opportunity.

Then in the summer, when he knew we needed a 15-20 goal a season striker to replace Bayo, he either failed or chose not to do so. We were surely in a better position then to secure such a striker, having narrowly missed auto promotion than we are now, sitting second bottom. Another missed opportunity as we were surely a more attractive proposition then than we are now.

Even if he does pull off a coup and sign such a striker, it'll only likely be to secure safety when really, we should have been looking to improve on last season.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 20, 2013, 20:13:00 pm »

AB strikes me as the type who doesn't seem to know when to make the most of a good situation;

Last season, when we got into a challenging position, instead of employing some ambition away from home which could (would) have achieved automatic promotion, he persisted with the negative, play for a point tactics that had failed for most of the season - a missed opportunity.

Then in the summer, when he knew we needed a 15-20 goal a season striker to replace Bayo, he either failed or chose not to do so. We were surely in a better position then to secure such a striker, having narrowly missed auto promotion than we are now, sitting second bottom. Another missed opportunity as we were surely a more attractive proposition then than we are now.

Even if he does pull off a coup and sign such a striker, it'll only likely be to secure safety when really, we should have been looking to improve on last season.

Spot on. Is Dickinson fit yet? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
MKMal

View Profile
Mobile User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2013, 00:42:49 am »

To put it more into context there was only one player in the starting eleven yesterday that was with us at the start of last season (Hackett). Then Collins came in towards the end of last season. The rest were all a brand new team and to gel that many players in one go takes a long time.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2013, 19:50:13 pm »

To put it more into context there was only one player in the starting eleven yesterday that was with us at the start of last season (Hackett). Then Collins came in towards the end of last season. The rest were all a brand new team and to gel that many players in one go takes a long time.

And therein lies the root of the problem. A total rebuild wasn't really required. Sometimes, success (and failure) is as much about players you let go as much as those you bring in.........
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: