The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 06:00:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

24th May 1997

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24th May 1997  (Read 2395 times)
bigcitylights

Badges: (View All)
« on: May 24, 2010, 08:51:22 am »

13 years ago today.

http://www.youtube.com/v/x9AbLQS1j0M
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:00:04 am »

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 10:05:58 am »

What a day that was, I can't believe it was 13 years ago though
Report Spam   Logged
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:33:00 pm »

Fantastic, all I remember when that goal went in was going absolutely mental and then having to pick my Dad up off the floor!
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
Wakeycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 13:06:08 pm »

Thanks for the reminder. I was in a German hospital recovering from surgery so I missed it. My mate recorded it and kept flicking over to the cricket! Luckily he didn't miss the goal. And as for the following year I was on exercise on Salisbury Plain so I missed that one too. So, there's only another 88 yaers to wait for our return trip to Wembley! Thank god for cryogenics!!
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 20:50:41 pm »

Fingers crossed the Cobblers Legend Frainy will be returning to Sixfields on Friday evening.  We may have to recreate the free kick at some point.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 21:42:53 pm »

Fcuking lucky bstrds!...Still, mildly enjoyed the best day of my life! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 21:49:31 pm »

I was 4 at the time, a bit gutting to be honest because although I do have patchy memories of it, obviously I was nowhere near old enough to understand the significance of it at the time. Any Cobblers fan aged about 20 or under is desperate for another day like that one because we all missed out on something very special.
Report Spam   Logged

abington_cobbler

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 10:23:35 am »

My only regret I have about that day was that my Grandad who followed Cobblers through thick and thin and took me to my first Cobblers game when Phil Neal was a Cobbler died earlier that year not even knowing Cobblers had made the play offs
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 10:57:33 am »

What a day that was...I remember getting burnt to a frazzle and being very drunk.
We were on the half way line near the old steps and it was wicked seeing Woody and Co dancing around with the trophy...

Brilliant day spolied by a crap match...but the result was the main thing...

Still....if we had won 1-0 this season in that style....I know we'd have had some VERY angry people on here moaning because it wasn't good enough  eh??? Roll Eyes

Rose tinted spectacles....it was a great day but a very poor game.
No better than anything we've seen this season to be fair!
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 11:51:18 am »

I
What a day that was...I remember getting burnt to a frazzle and being very drunk.
We were on the half way line near the old steps and it was wicked seeing Woody and Co dancing around with the trophy...

I was behind the goal that Frain score the free kick. It was also by the old tunnel me and my mate went to pat the players on the back as they left the pitch and Roy Hunter gave my mate a massive Claret and White flag with 'Cobblers going up' on it. I would love to know what happened to that flag!
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 11:55:31 am »

I
I was behind the goal that Frain score the free kick. It was also by the old tunnel me and my mate went to pat the players on the back as they left the pitch and Roy Hunter gave my mate a massive Claret and White flag with 'Cobblers going up' on it. I would love to know what happened to that flag!

I still have my silky flag in the loft which I bought at Wembley....all shredded from hanging it out the mini bus window on the way back up the M1.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 12:06:43 pm »

I still have my silky flag in the loft which I bought at Wembley....all shredded from hanging it out the mini bus window on the way back up the M1.... Grin

We walked up Oxford street with our flag and then Gold street and up Abington Street after getting off the train.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 16:55:33 pm »

Why is it that the teams we beat in play-off matches go on to be prosperous, while those that win against us go bankrupt, to the conference, or both?
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
FezNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2010, 17:06:27 pm »

I consider myself a jammy little git because that was my first ever Cobblers match, and I doubt it will ever get better than that! I can't remember any of the game, which is rather fortunate having watched the highlights!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 20:33:17 pm »

Why is it that the teams we beat in play-off matches go on to be prosperous, while those that win against us go bankrupt, to the conference, or both?
It's a lesson for all future opponents  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 20:40:30 pm »

I imagine it is now 13 years today since I woke up with a huge lump and cut on the back of my head after falling UP the escalators in the Grosvenor Centre after the game. I was trying to go up the wrong one, the one coming down. Or go down the one coming up. Can't remember now strangely. I ended up waving a saveloy from the Golden Chicken and a tea towel from a shop front in London around in Big Hand Mo's before going to Ritzy.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Realale

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2010, 08:20:24 am »

All I remember of the evening was being absolutely and completely physically drained from jumping up and down for about 30 minutes like Zebedee on speed, slept like a baby that night.
Report Spam   Logged

Who ya gonna call, Scousebusters!!
NTFCLENB

I Was Born Under The Hotel End

View Profile
Combination Level 4 Level 3
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 14:22:55 pm »

What A Day!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Big City Lights Don't Bother Me, Northampton Town I'll Always Be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: