The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:08:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

David Cardoza

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: David Cardoza  (Read 9144 times)
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2013, 14:00:19 pm »

Who said anything about sacking him then  Roll Eyes

Then why was it Cardoza's 'biggest mistake' to reward him with a competitive budget. Do you think he'd have done more with less money?

In what capacity??

As a fan or as a chairman with £12m to throw at it a decade ago?

I couldn't have done any worse either way.
If I had £12m to invest into the cobblers we'd have been in league one challenging for promotion long ago.
To invest £12m and staring relegation from the football league can only be described as shambolic.
No one could deny that.

No.

You seemed smug in the knowledge that predicted our descent before the season kicked off. If it was obvious to you, as chairman, how would you have averted it. Sack Boothroyd after the Play-Off final? 

I don't know where £12m is from, the quoted figure is £8.3m.

Over 10 years that's about £830k a season. After the initial flurry of expenditure, thats about enough to maintain a competitive budget given our relatively mediocre revenue potential.

To suggest you'd have us in the upper echeons of League One is pretty laughable given your tenuous understanding of the reality of transfer fees & wages at this level.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 14:02:13 pm by Carlo Corazzins Corduroy » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 15:33:49 pm »

Not only that it is of no consequence at all.

Back in the real world the cobblers are at the bottom of the football league and look likely to go out of the league.

That's not football manager or fantasy chairman.

That is reality.

Not very good is it?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2013, 07:03:56 am »

We got into the play offs (should have been Automatics) last year as we has a spine of  hardened professional leaders.

Nicholls was a very vocal and commanding young keeper.
Langmead lead by example.
Carlisle was almost a 'game manager' on the field.
Guttridge was a feisty midfielder who gave the rest of the team a platform.
Hackett, fully fit last season was a terrific outlet.
Harding was much underrated.
Bayo, had character and influence.

This year we've got a half-fit Hackett and the others are all injured/gone. The replacements (Heath, Morris, Carter, Deegan etc) have been pathetic.

This is why

Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2013, 07:30:53 am »

In fairness DCs main failing has been his management recruitment.
As others have said giving money to martin wilkinson(where is he now) rather than employing a top notch manager to spend it was a big mistake.
Since then it's been hire and fire.
Never since those days of spending has the club looked like shelling out over a £100000 for a player.
If aidy boothroyd had been given £165000 to spend on a striker to replace bayo we would not of been in this mess.
You could have bought in two season changing players for that.
Our season changing players were deegan Morris and carter who no one else wanted.
There is certainly a lot of difference in the philosophy of the chairman when he took over and how things are today.
Bearing in mind when the club was taken over it was a three man consortium(I think).
I don't know for sure why the other partners decided to walk away and DC decided to stay.
Surely three investors were better than one.
Anyway DC has stayed on whilst the debts mount up (does anyone know if they have been written off or set aside?)
I wish him success in his attempt to make a profit out of ntfc and I really hope he does well out of it.
Hand on heart I have no idea if it will work out.

I am sure Martin Wilkinson's time was before DC took over, I think the then chairman was a chap who's name escapes me from Bedford, it was also him who employed Fenwick.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2013, 07:36:49 am »

Andrew Ellis was the Chairman. He was assisted by Ken Good.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2013, 08:41:11 am »

Apologies due then.
Does anyone know why the other two consortium members didn't stick around and if they are still involved in football today?
From memory one had legal issues and the other was last heard of at Glasgow rangers.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #86 on: November 28, 2013, 10:11:54 am »

Cardoza sacked Fenwick after seeing the anguish of the fans at home to Bristol City and put Bilko in charge.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #87 on: November 28, 2013, 13:13:17 pm »

Apologies due then.
Does anyone know why the other two consortium members didn't stick around and if they are still involved in football today?
From memory one had legal issues and the other was last heard of at Glasgow rangers.

Ken Good - http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/features/ex-cobblers-chief-is-struck-off-1-909606. He was struck off as a solictor.
Report Spam   Logged
brickowski

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2013, 13:32:41 pm »

Nicholls was a very vocal and commanding young keeper.  --- was never going to come back
Langmead lead by example. --- is broken
Carlisle was almost a 'game manager' on the field. --- retired
Guttridge was a feisty midfielder who gave the rest of the team a platform. --- hardly ever played anyway
Hackett, fully fit last season was a terrific outlet. --- still here
Harding was much underrated. --- especially on this forum
Bayo, had character and influence. --- and was on megabucks and scored one goal in open play in six months

Report Spam   Logged

there's only one Robbie Curtis
guest48

« Reply #89 on: November 28, 2013, 13:42:52 pm »

Brickowski , I think you are getting Bayo mixed up with another striker when you mention megabucks .
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2013, 17:40:48 pm »

and a bargain at £13m!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2013, 18:00:14 pm »

£13m now? Again the quoted figure was £8.3m.

He's backed us well but lets be honest it's pretty standard fare. Most chairmen down here will have financed similar losses. That money has been used to keep us ticking over and competitive. (which for most seasons we have)
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2013, 18:21:18 pm »

Well whatever it's cost him/ultimately us it's a lot and the point remains the same
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2013, 19:02:26 pm »

I am certain that couldn't fund anything like the £8m or £13m that is being quoted... 
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
marcmewordz

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2013, 19:44:39 pm »

I am certain that couldn't fund anything like the £8m or £13m that is being quoted... 
#

Why?
Report Spam   Logged
Carlo Corazzins Corduroy

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2013, 23:34:46 pm »

Well whatever it's cost him/ultimately us it's a lot and the point remains the same

My point it isn't a lot in the scheme of things. A very generous commitment from David yeah, but it's hardly an investment that should have put us on the footballing map. Wouldn't come anywhere near the amout Fleetwood and Crawley have spent in recent years.

Griggs for comparison were said to have spent £35m+ to obtain Diamonds two years of League One football.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2013, 20:13:19 pm »

Ridiculous comparison. He actually spent 32 million. That included championship/premiership training facilities, several pitches, some factory units and a ground which makes ours look like hut. Our ground cost DC a quid and we still don't own it.

I don't doubt DC's commitment, but we owe 20 million and are bottom of the football league.

We're second bottom. And Nene Park wasn't that great. Good non league ground but smaller capacity than ours. Do you honestly think it makes sixfields look like a hut?
Report Spam   Logged

wiseman

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2013, 06:35:25 am »

Second bottom  Grin

Nene park was a palace in the corporate areas. It had a scored board and PA system that would have done the premiership justice at the time. The food that supporters could buy put ours to shame. And they had corporate boxes as well. The changing rooms are as good as the best in the country. The treatment room is/was also state of the art. They had numerous training pitches and playing surface to choose from. Their own outstanding gym. I could go if you like  Grin

Yep..... I can assure you. It made/makes Sixfields look like a hut. But don't worry.. We are getting there.  It was so good that when the millions of one man dried up nobody else could afford the upkeep.
Report Spam   Logged
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2013, 07:42:42 am »

f***ing hell, someone needs to make love to Nene Park.

I hope Cardoza doesn't read this.

Some of you seem to forget where we have spent most of our history, be thankful we've got someone trying to change our future. Yes it's cost a lot of money and yes there have been mistakes made but a weaker man would have given up ages ago. Of course he wants some return on his money, who wouldn't? Things are about to start taking off at Cobblers and people want to moan and quibble and have sly digs.

You're like the old fella sat behind me yesterday...

'Play a through ball Morris'
'Keep possession Morris'

'Platt win some headers'
'Awful flick ons to nobody'

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2013, 12:53:55 pm »

You are making that up. No one there could that be that blind.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: