The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:52:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Emergancy board meeting

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emergancy board meeting  (Read 8223 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2010, 07:02:23 am »

To be honest, I'm not bothered about his 'investment'. He used the club as one big fruit machine, continually putting cash in hoping for the big pay day and now it seems that pay day isn't coming he hasn't gone back to the bar to change that last tenner for coins

Ironically, I used this exact same analogy about 2 years ago on this (old) forum...

I find it very strange that so many people have become turn coats. A few of us...Insider, Manwork !(!) etc complained about this investment strategy and were in the main slated for it. For me, DC has done nothing wrong in the last 12 months other than appoint a manager who isn't in any way shape or form a manager. NEW BROOM for most of us....a few wanted Sammo. A fair few 'posters' must feel bloody stupid now after 'celebrating' the appointment a few months afterwards!! Those people are now blaming the chairman, despite the fact (a) nothing has happened in the last 12 months to suggest that he is doing anything different than previous & (b) our budget is more than adequate to comfortable sustain league 2 football providing the money is spent well.

First things first. Let Sammo have his night/swan song on Tuesday, and then if we don't beat Gillingham next Saturday get rid and start again. It will cost but Cardoza has to act to save our league status. Gilligan captain ffs. He's trying to get sacked! Forget blaming Cardoza for our current team, the onus needs to be on the management of it. Nothing else. Money is available for him to sign player/s. He hasn't got the contacts. End of.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #161 on: October 24, 2010, 07:09:10 am »

To be honest, I'm not bothered about his 'investment'. He used the club as one big fruit machine, continually putting cash in hoping for the big pay day and now it seems that pay day isn't coming he hasn't gone back to the bar to change that last tenner for coins

Unfortunately as its his money he's going to be even less bothered with your or my opinion as he's the one holding all the cards!
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 24, 2010, 07:34:37 am »

Or DC could write off his debts and walk away.  But everyone knows he wants his money back.

The greedy, grasping bastard. Eh? His f***ing money!
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #163 on: October 24, 2010, 07:40:43 am »

I think we should actually have the meeting.
 Did the clear the air meeting with theplayers work?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Marvo

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2010, 07:46:40 am »

Did the clear the air meeting with the players work?

No, apparently Holty "dropped one" and they had to abandon the whole idea.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2010, 07:50:09 am »

Did they start by Holty saying pull my finger?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2010, 09:23:06 am »

You can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. It'll be a hell of a lot easier to appoint a new manager than find a new chairman.

If - and I know it's a big if - we appoint a competent manager than it should be eminently possible for him to fashion a side capable of holding its own at this level. DC has made funds available; he's just continually appointed the wrong man to spend them.

I think what we need to do as a fanbase is to demand a rigorous selection process, involving interviews and proper consultations. The trust and the local media need to be a lot more critical of the board's decision making.

Appointing a competent manager should be the no.1 priority in terms of spending. A successful manager can pay for himself anyway, through promotions, increasing attendances, cup runs and player sales.

Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2010, 09:27:36 am »

I think what we need to do as a fanbase is to demand a rigorous selection process, involving interviews and proper consultations.

Consultations with whom? Us? Like we always agree or something?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Marvo

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2010, 09:46:14 am »

I was at the meeting when they introduced Colin Calderwood. If you remember on here it was a case of Colin who? Another untried, untested young manager.

Cardoza said that he had asked advise from people in the game and had asked the question, who was going to be the next up and coming manager. Calderwood's name kept coming up. I don't know why on future appointments this procedure wasn't followed again (perhaps it was) but I think in the case of Sammo Cardoza felt it was only fair to give him his chance, he had waited long enough and if any other manager had come in then maybe Sammo would have had to have left. This was how the MAJORITY felt on here. How things stand, it looks like the MAJORITY and the Chairman were wrong but even so and even with the benefit of hindsight I still think Sammo deserved his chance. At least we have not been left wondering.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2010, 09:49:03 am »

I seem to remember the majority on here wanting the "new broom" and not Sammo.

In fact Mark Cooper was the man who won the poll on this website as i remember it...
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2010, 09:55:25 am »

I seem to remember the majority on here wanting the "new broom" and not Sammo.

In fact Mark Cooper was the man who won the poll on this website as i remember it...

You only had to listen to ALL the fans interviewed BEFORE yesterdays game on Radio Northampton. To a man they all said Sammo was the man for the job and should be given more time. If you had a poll TODAY on whether Sammo should stay or go he'd still get the MAJORITY vote.... I think.
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2010, 15:02:52 pm »

Regardless of whether you think it's DC's fault, Sammo's fault, Gray's fault, whatever.. The bottom line is action needs to be taken, we need someone fresh in for the job. I keep seeing people saying 'No, this is all DC's fault, sacking Sammo will just bring in another sh*t appointment' - But in the short term, we NEED someone new in. What's the other option? Continuing this run of dreadful form and baffling management under Sammo/Crozzer? That will definitely put us in the sh*t, I'd rather have someone new in who could at least bring about a slight change of fortunes on the pitch to get us out of this mess than stick by Sammo just because 'it's all DC's fault!'.
Report Spam   Logged
The South Side

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2010, 15:08:36 pm »

What bothers me is that his track record on managers isn't great. Some would say it's bloody awful. So why do we think this time it might be different?
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2010, 15:10:07 pm »

So the alternative is stick with the current one? I think we all know where that will take us.
Report Spam   Logged
The South Side

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2010, 15:12:03 pm »

No I don't think we should stick with the current one. I never wanted him to have the job in the first place. What I'm saying is that it's the guy making the appointments that is ultimately the problem. And it will be the same guy making the next appointment. Who knows, it could even be Steve Guinan.
Report Spam   Logged
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2010, 15:50:54 pm »

No I don't think we should stick with the current one. I never wanted him to have the job in the first place. What I'm saying is that it's the guy making the appointments that is ultimately the problem. And it will be the same guy making the next appointment. Who knows, it could even be Steve Guinan.

Who would properly get us promoted  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2010, 18:09:53 pm »

If asked right now I would go with Steve Guinan. Shoot me down
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2010, 18:13:57 pm »

I'm sure we still are Wink
Blue Square footabll is the right direction for us we're so s***e
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: