The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:26:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The World Cup 2010 Thread...

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The World Cup 2010 Thread...  (Read 10225 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #300 on: July 13, 2010, 19:11:31 pm »

Can I get somethingoff my chest about an incident involving Robben and Puyol in Sunday's final.

As a lad i was always taught that if you want a free kick/penalty to be given for you being fouled, you must fall over/stop playing. If you don't do this and try to stay on your feet and then lose possesion a foul will not be given as an advantage was played.

When Robben was pulled on by Puyol in the second half of the game, Robben should have gone to ground if he wanted a free kick and retribution to be handed out to Puyol (yellow or red card). He didn't and he then lost the ball when the keeper dived at his feet.

Is it just me that thinks the decision by Webb was correct in this instance?

Yes it was, it would have been a free outside the area and probably a yellow for Puyol if he had gone down.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Marvo

« Reply #301 on: July 14, 2010, 08:15:54 am »

Dont start that.

People are disagreeing using statistics. You're arguing on opinion. Normally when you're on the other side stats sort everything

See, I'm right again.
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #302 on: July 14, 2010, 08:30:52 am »

Yes it was, it would have been a free outside the area and probably a yellow for Puyol if he had gone down.

Puyol would havw 100% seen red if Robben would have gone down in that situation.
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #303 on: July 14, 2010, 11:17:03 am »

Puyol would havw 100% seen red if Robben would have gone down in that situation.
But then Robben would (rightly) be classified a diving cheat as he'd have gone to ground on purpose rather than because he was knocked down. In this occurrence he should be applauded for trying to stay on his feet. The current rules encourage cheating, and it's there that I would like to see some change.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2010, 14:55:08 pm »

Well France have just suspended all 23 members of their World Cup squad from their next game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8849972.stm

That should see some youngsters coming through.  Or they bring back Zidane, Desailly and Bartez.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
MikeNTFC

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #305 on: July 24, 2010, 02:39:47 am »

Should see some fringe players make the step up.

One game is nothing, Ban them from playing ever again! That's a punishment.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: July 24, 2010, 08:11:09 am »

I'm not so sure that it is really intended as a punishment. More a case of making sure fringe and youth players get given a chance in a meaningless friendly
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 24, 2010, 16:51:48 pm »

Word on la rue is that they don't want Ribery and Benzema to play due to an incident involving underage prostitutes, but can't drop them due to innocent until proved guilty, so it was easiest to drop the whole lot, using the world cup shennigans as an excuse.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #308 on: September 05, 2010, 11:55:16 am »

There's been an injunction on it for ages.

The other player, how can I put it? Back to his old tricks?
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/09/04/wayne-rooney-cheats-on-pregnant-wife-coleen-with-1k-a-night-prostitute-115875-22537906/

FINALLY it comes out
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #309 on: September 05, 2010, 13:16:37 pm »

Who bleedin' cares?
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #310 on: September 06, 2010, 08:24:29 am »

Coleen probably?

Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #311 on: September 06, 2010, 17:25:09 pm »

England fans wondering about his chronic lack of form throughout the finals?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #312 on: September 06, 2010, 23:45:19 pm »

England fans wondering about his chronic lack of form throughout the finals?

I wonder what the rest of the team's excuse was  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 07, 2010, 16:15:38 pm »

Would YOU shag Rooney for £1200?  If its only going to take half an hour, that's not a bad hourly rate.  Worth getting out of (into) bed for?

Obviously it would be against my morals to sell my body, but I am prepared to give up my anti-smoking stance to flog him a packet of Marlboro for £200 every now and again.

What sort of example is it to the kids when a top sportsman smokes?  Ban him!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #314 on: September 08, 2010, 04:06:59 am »

What sort of example is it to the kids when a top sportsman smokes?  Ban him!!!

It depends if it's before or after the sex!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: September 08, 2010, 11:38:12 am »

Why does everyone care so much about what he gets up to outside of his working life.

The fact that it is known as "private life" should tell you its private.

He is young, is making mistakes.

What do you expect to happen to young lads you are given thousands of pounds a week, treasured as national heroes every Saturday and then hounded by the press?

I made mistakes growing up. I'm willing to bet all of us on here did. The only difference is that his mistakes are broadcast to the world.
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2010, 19:15:18 pm »

Ok, head to head. I've heard that Lionel Messi and Rooney are the best two players in the world. This is the one and only time I will compare the two because quite frankly its like comparing Constantine to Pele!

2009/10 - Rooney - 50 matches. Messi - 58 matches.

Rooney plays for Man Utd, Messi plays for Barcelona. In 12 months that is an average of 1 and a half hours a week actual playing, not withstanding of course training etc.

Net Result. Messi has been brilliant this world cup, Rooney has been truly shocking.

Argentina struggled to qualify whilst we romped it. So playing in a gelled and cohesive team isn't the reason. Because Rooney had that benefit. We also went into the world cup lead by a proven manager with an excellent track record. Whilst Argentina were lead into their world cup campaign by a brilliant ex player with no management experience whatsover. So we can also discount the manager at this stage.

Rooney has played in attack, his favoured position. Not on the wing, in attack. Yet he hasn't been able to control the ball, beat a man, win a header, player a killer pass, track back....he's been sh*t! Found out, end of in my mind. Marked out of games by players better than he usually plays against week in week out.

So your tiredness reason...which I agree with too a degree collectively...with regards to our *world class star* doesn't add up. Unless of course Man Utd's training regime is too tough. Which I doubt considering the way the likes of Giggs, Neville, Scholes to name but a few have been able to enjoy long extended careers way beyond the average age of a premier league player.

So, is Rooney still tired? Or has he now been completely s*** since March? Bless him!! *

*this is actually quite topical, I wouldn't touch the scouse twat with a barge pole if I was the manager of a leading european side.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: