The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 05:43:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Shirts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Shirts  (Read 16449 times)
abington_cobbler

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2010, 15:56:32 pm »

I am waiting for the new merchandise to be available online so I can have a look at a few pics. I have only heard positive things from people who have visited the club shop
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 11:50:49 am »

Just called in to find out about the shirt delivery and it's delayed by a further 2 weeks.
Errea issue at manufacturing .... Sad

Still....it'll be worth the wait!
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 11:52:14 am »

Different excuse this time then?

I wonder if you rang Errea direct if they would say the same?
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 12:00:21 pm »

Just called in to find out about the shirt delivery and it's delayed by a further 2 weeks.
Errea issue at manufacturing .... Sad

Still....it'll be worth the wait!

How can they blame the ash cloud if it is a manufacturing issue  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2010, 13:58:48 pm »

Wasn't Errea the firm that dropped us in the poo a year or so back by not getting stock sent on time?
I feel sorry for our club, just when we need a bit of good news we go and shoot oursleves in the foot again!
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2010, 14:35:03 pm »

This comes as no suprise.
Report Spam   Logged
tigger2002

great badge

View Profile
Apple User Level 5 Windows User
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 14:44:33 pm »

wanted a new cobbs shirt to take on hols this friday(28th), no such luck then.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 19:11:13 pm »

To be fair to Errea the club keeps changing its mind about what it wants (not necessarily a bad thing). For example Errea had got a load of shirts made up with the badges stuck on as a transfer (worn against Bury) but the club then informed them that, due to popular opinion amongst the fans, the badges would have to be embroidered. Obviously the shirts get better with each little tweak but it must make Errea's job producing the shirts a lot more difficult, so from that point of view you can understand why there might be a few "manufacturing errors".
Report Spam   Logged

saturday banana

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 19:43:44 pm »

To be fair to Errea the club keeps changing its mind about what it wants (not necessarily a bad thing). For example Errea had got a load of shirts made up with the badges stuck on as a transfer (worn against Bury) but the club then informed them that, due to popular opinion amongst the fans, the badges would have to be embroidered. Obviously the shirts get better with each little tweak but it must make Errea's job producing the shirts a lot more difficult, so from that point of view you can understand why there might be a few "manufacturing errors".

When you say "a load" you clearly meant 17.... Grin
The club hasn't kept changing its mind about what it wants....it was agreed when the first prototype came in that embroidered badges would be far more classy and popular.

If the club had rushed out transfer logo'd kits they'd have sold the square root of jack shi!.....instead they asked Errea to do the origination on the new badge, produce them en masse and sew them on....(a squarely unlike last years kit!)....

Once again ...damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It is frustrating, but doesn't anyone for a second think that the club would prefer to have the kit ready to sell now?
The whole process has taken over 7 months....a coupld more weeks won't hurt.
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 19:53:48 pm »

To be fair the shirts normally aren't around till July anyway so we are ahead of the game for once.

Thanks to Banana the club are using some commercial brain for once.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 20:07:39 pm »

Weren't the Lotto shirt's 95-96 and 96-97 with 'transfer' badges?
I know the 95-96 definitely had, it's never faded after all these years.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 20:09:58 pm »

When's two weeks? Is that before June 12th? I wouldn't mind one for when I go down to Newquay. And they deffo wanna be here for Glastonbury
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 20:10:53 pm »

1995/6 was a transfer and it looked so cheap!  That was my first Cobblers kit.  1996/7 was embroided but stuck on.  The 1997/8 one and 1998/9 Pro Star ones were transfers as well.

Think all kits since have been embroided either into the kit or embroided stuck on.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 20:40:56 pm »

When you say "a load" you clearly meant 17.... Grin
The club hasn't kept changing its mind about what it wants....it was agreed when the first prototype came in that embroidered badges would be far more classy and popular.

If the club had rushed out transfer logo'd kits they'd have sold the square root of jack shi!.....instead they asked Errea to do the origination on the new badge, produce them en masse and sew them on....(a squarely unlike last years kit!)....

Once again ...damned if they do and damned if they don't.

It is frustrating, but doesn't anyone for a second think that the club would prefer to have the kit ready to sell now?
The whole process has taken over 7 months....a coupld more weeks won't hurt.

I wasn't criticising the club mate- just offering an explanation for why it might take Errea a little while to get the kits produced and on their way to the club shop. Another reason may be that as you/the club/Errea have designed these kits from scratch, and it's not just a template design like most modern football kits are, it's taking a while to programme the machines to mass-produce the replica kits (just speculating here obviously).

Best not to rush the production of these kits anyway, as I said in the original post it's definitely a good thing that parts of the design are being tweaked here and there, because it means the kits are going to be as close to what the fans want as possible.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 20:43:41 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

HackletonCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 20:48:06 pm »

got no issue with the shirts taking a bit longer if it means they are of a standard that cobblers fans will be happy with and that won't make you feel that you've had your pants pulled down being charged 40 quid for an ill fitting poor quality shirt like last seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
saturday banana

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2010, 09:23:15 am »

I wasn't criticising the club mate- just offering an explanation for why it might take Errea a little while to get the kits produced and on their way to the club shop. Another reason may be that as you/the club/Errea have designed these kits from scratch, and it's not just a template design like most modern football kits are, it's taking a while to programme the machines to mass-produce the replica kits (just speculating here obviously).

Best not to rush the production of these kits anyway, as I said in the original post it's definitely a good thing that parts of the design are being tweaked here and there, because it means the kits are going to be as close to what the fans want as possible.

No I know that fella...I didn't think you were. I was just trying to explain how the club would get moaned at whatever they did.
Sorry if you felt I was having a pop...
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2010, 09:24:19 am »

You can get hold of the new shirt in just 5 days if you bid on them on ebay and collect them from club shop. They are match worn against Bury

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/northampton_town_fc/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25
Report Spam   Logged
cox23jam

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2010, 09:58:32 am »

Angry was looking forward to getting a NTFC shirt that mid season had not badge lol!
Report Spam   Logged

HOTEL END PREDICTION LEAGUE CHAMPION 2014/15, 2021/22
HOTEL END GTA CHAMPION 2021/22
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 12:28:22 pm »

Any news on when the new shirts will be in? I'm passing by Sixfields next Wednesday so hoping to pick one up.
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
saturday banana

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 14:03:58 pm »

Any news on when the new shirts will be in? I'm passing by Sixfields next Wednesday so hoping to pick one up.

I reckon (based on what I was told on the 25th May) that they "should" be in by w/c 7th June....
I hope so because I wanna mine printed with TEYN 10 written on the back ready to wear for every England game deyn the pub!!!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: