The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:52:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New manager announcement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New manager announcement.  (Read 2342 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 10:14:14 am »

CC comments(& Gen Disorda) are made in good faith. Whether we like it or not there is perceived negativity carried out by some on here. This reached its nadir during AB's reign; in particularly after AB's dismissal, some of the reaction was pretty rabid. I am pretty sure that if the usual suspects were at Pompey it would or may improve their attitude. 

nb Bettaboy - plse do not take this personally. Wink Wink Wink - what happened to Burton and Pompey Huh?

I didn't go to Burton and was seething with the team selection and result...

I went to Pompey and was 100percent positive despite being annoyed at certain players inclusions on reading the team sheet...

It is a fair point you make...very valid after the goings on of the last week or so.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2013, 10:34:52 am »

nb Bettaboy - plse do not take this personally. Wink Wink Wink - what happened to Burton and Pompey Huh?
I never take anything that you say personally, or indeed seriously for that matter, but I was so p1ssed off with the garbage that was being served up, that I had taken the decision not to attend a few weeks prior, thus saving a fair amount of my hard earned.
If you check my posts, you will notice that I made no comments about either game, in order to preclude anybody from using the usual "you werent there" mantra.
Anyway, I had already visited Fratton Park, in the Carling cup about ten years ago, and knew just what a dump it is. Sorry, I meant atmospheric.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2013, 10:37:58 am »

It's a waste of time (thankfully) trying to tell people what to think or say granted. What should be recognised though is that many of the regular posters on here don't even go to the games very often/ at all. A number just use this site as a form of entertainment or acting out I am sure.

Their opinions on the club are still seen as representative though, massively disproportionately so at times. Many is the time the "support" on here has been up in arms and the club is lurching from one disaster to another, but at the game itself the atmosphere is completely different entirely.

Big Dave reads too much of this sh*t though as indeed do a number of the players I am led to believe, and so it's influence out reaches that which it should.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2013, 10:43:19 am »

The likes of the CC, GenDisorder and Everbrite thought police remind me of what it must have been like in communist Russia without the Gulags and executions.

Anyway, what Gibbo said.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2013, 10:59:49 am »

Only on The Hotel End could there be an argument about whether or not to argue!

As for me...I shall sit on the fence...but I haven't decided which fence as yet...or which way to face!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 11:01:40 am »

CC comments(& Gen Disorda) are made in good faith. Whether we like it or not there is perceived negativity carried out by some on here. This reached its nadir during AB's reign; in particularly after AB's dismissal, some of the reaction was pretty rabid. I am pretty sure that if the usual suspects were at Pompey it would or may improve their attitude. 

Typical Everbrite fare , really well balanced and non personal , long may it continue.
If you were'nt on here we would all have dozed off by now , Happy new year.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 11:01:59 am »

The likes of the CC, GenDisorder and Everbrite thought police remind me of what it must have been like in communist Russia without the Gulags and executions.

Anyway, what Gibbo said.

HA HA - There you go CC you have your first "usual suspect"

miserable bu$$er Ralap
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 11:06:55 am »

What should be recognised though is that many of the regular posters on here don't even go to the games very often/ at all.

Just out of interest. Would you mind clarifying which ones don't go to games? I can only think of a very small number.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2013, 11:12:42 am »

It's a waste of time (thankfully) trying to tell people what to think or say granted. What should be recognised though is that many of the regular posters on here don't even go to the games very often/ at all. A number just use this site as a form of entertainment or acting out I am sure.

Their opinions on the club are still seen as representative though, massively disproportionately so at times. Many is the time the "support" on here has been up in arms and the club is lurching from one disaster to another, but at the game itself the atmosphere is completely different entirely.

Big Dave reads too much of this sh*t though as indeed do a number of the players I am led to believe, and so it's influence out reaches that which it should.

Precisely - some good points made  in this message. Its a pity that some or most of the players read these comments. Some of the comments from some on here have been unnecessary cruel towards players, but again its only the usual suspects.
Report Spam   Logged

County Cobbler

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2013, 11:34:35 am »

Because telling people what to think and how to behave is never likely to be well received.

The word I used was 'ask' NOT 'tell' but let people read it as they want too, instead of how it was meant!

UP THE COBBLERS!

Back to the more important subject of the new manager. I just hope the rumour I have been told of the new person sorting out a contract today is true, so we can get on with the rest of this massive second half of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 11:51:45 am »

Just out of interest. Would you mind clarifying which ones don't go to games? I can only think of a very small number.

Under certain circumstances you may not be able to name people on  Forums - at least that was a rule - not sure now!

There are at least a dozen "supporters" who seem to avoid going to matches*. Unfortunately they are the most persistent negative posters.

* not you Feelgood as you have to cross the seas - if only to see Linda Cool

« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:55:51 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 11:55:57 am »

What?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
coboz

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 12:10:25 pm »

What must it have been like Ralph?  .............. Supping copious amounts of vodka and banging grade A fluff?      Wink
Report Spam   Logged
coboz

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 12:14:02 pm »

Happy New Year by the way  Smiley Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2013, 12:59:02 pm »

Under certain circumstances you may not be able to name people on  Forums - at least that was a rule - not sure now!

There are at least a dozen "supporters" who seem to avoid going to matches*. Unfortunately they are the most persistent negative posters.

* not you Feelgood as you have to cross the seas - if only to see Linda Cool

Feel free to name the dozen. I doubt any of them will mind. Go on, name them if you can  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2013, 13:01:55 pm »

What must it have been like Ralph?  .............. Supping copious amounts of vodka and banging grade A fluff?      Wink

Grin The copious amounts of Vodka might explain things John.

Happy New year to you too mate. Hope you had a great night last night and we get to see you next year sometime.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2013, 13:14:59 pm »

Feel free to name the dozen. I doubt any of them will mind. Go on, name them if you can  Evil

you might be one of them for a start Grin Grin Grin

after Ant and Dec Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 13:51:26 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

John

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2013, 13:37:34 pm »

Back to the original post and I can sort of see where County Cobbler is coming from.

Look, if you were to state now that the new manager (whoever he is) will one day be sacked by the Cobblers I reckon you have a 95% chance of being correct. It could come before the end of the season or ten years from now when the Cobblers make a poor start to what would be their third season in the Premiership. So, in the end you'll be right. Therefore instead of dragging out a dozen reasons why so and so shouldn't have been appointed, how about we just say "he wouldn't have been my choice" but then give him (I refuse to say her) our full support.

We're in a mess, we know we are and whosoever comes in has a job on their hands. Copious amounts of sniping on here and elsewhere will do little good, the new guy will either save us or relegate us and we all have to hope it's the former whether we agree with the choice or not. People claiming "I told you he'll fail" is just going to annoy others and like I said at the start, it's hardly anything worth crowing about, most managers fail eventually.
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2013, 13:52:52 pm »

I'm one.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2013, 13:54:08 pm »

Back to the original post and I can sort of see where County Cobbler is coming from.

Copious amounts of sniping on here and elsewhere will do little good, the new guy will either save us or relegate us and we all have to hope it's the former whether we agree with the choice or not. People claiming "I told you he'll fail" is just going to annoy others and like I said at the start, it's hardly anything worth crowing about, most managers fail eventually.

+
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: