The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:23:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

O'Donovan off to Dubai?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O'Donovan off to Dubai?  (Read 5938 times)
Adam-NTFC

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:31:01 am »

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/article/rod-dubai-1266771.aspx

Club website stating ROD is off to Dubai for talks about a potential transfer

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2014/01/02/4515991/former-sunderland-forward-roy-odonovan-in-dpmm-talks

Goal.com stating that Brunei DPMM - managed by Steve Kean may be the club interested
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:33:25 am by Adam-NTFC » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2016

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 10:38:17 am »

He had better take plenty of factor 100 with him. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 10:45:29 am »

He can't leave yet...he still owes us 18 goals this season..... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Row N

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 10:51:14 am »

Fair swap for a multi millionaire Arab sheik??
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 11:07:47 am »

I'd imagine given the Cork connection, it's Joe G*mble (one of their existing players) who has got O'Donovan involved.

Lowest goal scorers in the Football League, rock bottom going into 2014 and we're selling one of our only goal threats? I'm not one to look for motives or conspiracy theories but strikes me as the club trying to shift a high earner before we're relegated especially as there is no transfer fee involved.
Report Spam   Logged
Elad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 11:14:10 am »

I'd imagine given the Cork connection, it's Joe G*mble (one of their existing players) who has got O'Donovan involved.

Lowest goal scorers in the Football League, rock bottom going into 2014 and we're selling one of our only goal threats? I'm not one to look for motives or conspiracy theories but strikes me as the club trying to shift a high earner before we're relegated especially as there is no transfer fee involved.

ROD is a good player but not done much since he's been with us. So meh.
Report Spam   Logged

If you are the big tree, we are the small axe. Ready to cut you down, to cut you down.
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:52 am »

Not bothered. Always been very average in my opinion. Can we offer them any other players?
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 11:18:23 am »

...and we're selling one of our only goal threats?

It's the way you tell 'em! Do you do the accent as well? Difficult to tell in print.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 11:34:05 am »

I wonder if any sort of fee would be involved. At the end of the day we have to trim the squad desperately, I quite like ROD but he hasnt set the world alight. Im expecting ALOT of ins and outs in the coming weeks, should be an interesting time.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 11:37:33 am »

Apart from Duke, the whole team can go with him, every player has under performed and is not deserving of a squad number.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 12:21:10 pm »

How long will it take the new team to "gel"?!?
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 12:23:59 pm »

How long will it take the new team to "gel"?!?

How long is going to take for the current team?  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 12:26:51 pm »

About the same length of time at a guess  Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
Kaptain Kobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 14:37:16 pm »

Hmmm ... a brief bit of research tells me that Steve Keane is manager of Brunei (stuck onto Malaysia), not Dubai.  Mind you, it's feasible that he would still travel to Dubai for talks and for a medical.  I'd also suggest that the connection wouldn't be through the bloke Gamble, but Steve Keane himself, who was assistant at Coventry under Coleman.  Either way - it's no importance and I'd be quite happy to see Roy O'D depart.  He never seemed to be a 'Cobbler' at heart.  Which gives me a thought for a different thread ..... how many of the current squad do seem to be 'real Cobblers'?
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 15:06:05 pm »

I have no problem at all with ROD leaving providing that we will be signing a reliable goalscorer in January. In fact, I think we need two permanent strikers and one long term loanee: a target man, a goalscorer and someone with a bit of pace. 

I think it's safe to assume that ROD is one of the players (along with Hackett, Platt and Carter) whose wages take up a disproportionate amount of our 'top 7' budget. We need to keep Hackett; Platt is unshiftable, but will be out of contract in June, and that leaves ROD and Carter as the two to shift if we want to free up some money for new recruits. 

Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 15:08:03 pm »

The sooner the better.
Report Spam   Logged
TbananaG

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 15:11:15 pm »

Hmmm ... a brief bit of research tells me that Steve Keane is manager of Brunei (stuck onto Malaysia), not Dubai.  Mind you, it's feasible that he would still travel to Dubai for talks and for a medical.  I'd also suggest that the connection wouldn't be through the bloke ****, but Steve Keane himself, who was assistant at Coventry under Coleman.  Either way - it's no importance and I'd be quite happy to see Roy O'D depart.  He never seemed to be a 'Cobbler' at heart.  Which gives me a thought for a different thread ..... how many of the current squad do seem to be 'real Cobblers'?

Brunei is quite possibly the least interesting place on the face of the planet - great idea to meet in Dubai so as not to put him off!
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 15:27:54 pm »

Which gives me a thought for a different thread ..... how many of the current squad do seem to be 'real Cobblers'?
Duke , Wids maybe , Reid , Doumbe maybe , Tozer , Hornby , Langers , Collins , Hackett maybe , Nicholls if we ever see him again. Suppose we should include the Platypus because he's been on paid holiday for the last 18 months so he must like the place.
Have a job to find an eleven of those we could put any faith in. You can keep the rest.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 15:29:37 pm »

Hmmm ... a brief bit of research tells me that Steve Keane is manager of Brunei (stuck onto Malaysia), not Dubai.  Mind you, it's feasible that he would still travel to Dubai for talks and for a medical.  I'd also suggest that the connection wouldn't be through the bloke ****, but Steve Keane himself, who was assistant at Coventry under Coleman.  Either way - it's no importance and I'd be quite happy to see Roy O'D depart.  He never seemed to be a 'Cobbler' at heart.  Which gives me a thought for a different thread ..... how many of the current squad do seem to be 'real Cobblers'?

Any chance he could take Platt with him? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 16:26:22 pm »

Brunei is quite possibly the least interesting place on the face of the planet - great idea to meet in Dubai so as not to put him off!

At least he won't play against us and score a hat trick or something!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: