The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:43:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Pompey on the brink

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pompey on the brink  (Read 667 times)
Mark-JB

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: October 22, 2010, 17:45:39 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/9120108.stm

Sad times and puts our situation massively into perspective.

I'd rather have a non-league side that's still in existence than no club at all.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

abington_cobbler

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 17:50:18 pm »

I was going to post about the Pompey situation  myself but you beat me to it. it is sad news, BBC news have just announced it on their evening news broadcast. like you say, I would rather have a club to support even non league than no club at all
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 18:00:33 pm »

Absolutely gutted for them. Wonder how the knobheads who have been hoping for this to happen to a big club so they could say "told you so" about the financial state of the game, will feel tomorrow when tens of thousands of people wake up to find out they have no club to support. We have been on the brink before but I can't even begin to imagine how sickening it would be to actually lose your club. Best of luck to them.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 18:04:42 pm »

When will the Premier League actually start to take their responsibility around the 'Fit and Proper Person Test' seriously?

Gaydamak sounds like he will be the end of Pompey unless something major happens in the next few hours.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 18:57:31 pm »

I feel for their fans, but the club has become a joke now. It's like an old dog waiting to be put down.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 20:23:04 pm »

It might be good news for us though, 1 going, 1 to go...
Report Spam   Logged
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 21:00:41 pm »

It might be good news for us though, 1 going, 1 to go...

I honestly don't give two shiny s***es about that.

I'd rather we go down as second bottom than a team go out of business.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 21:22:49 pm »

I spent many an hour standing on the Fratton End when I was a student down there.  I'm meant to be going there on 13th November when we have a reunion.  If they finish, I'm going to g=have to spend the afternoon on the pub.

Really gutted, they have some real characters there.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 21:29:06 pm »

I honestly don't give two shiny sh*tes about that.

I'd rather we go down as second bottom than a team go out of business.

I wouldn't. I don't want us to get relegated to the conference end of. And in any case, IF they did go out of business the phoenix club would work its way to the conference within about 2 years max, there is no way that they would have to start as low down as others have...

Im sorry to say but Pompey - and I do have a huge amount of sympathy for their fans - going tits up would be a good thing for football. In the long run that is...

Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 22:02:19 pm »

I wouldn't. I don't want us to get relegated to the conference end of. And in any case, IF they did go out of business the phoenix club would work its way to the conference within about 2 years max, there is no way that they would have to start as low down as others have...

Im sorry to say but Pompey - and I do have a huge amount of sympathy for their fans - going tits up would be a good thing for football. In the long run that is...

I have no sympathy whatsoever. What makes Portsmouth fans so precious they can't watch a team outside the league?
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 22:27:06 pm »

They won't go bust, it's brinkmanship via the media just like the Rooney thing.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 22:37:58 pm »

I've not forgotten being legged down abington ave and having the county ground wrecked by their mob. F*ck em I say. As for those Germans....   
Report Spam   Logged
PineWoody

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 02:09:41 am »

Absolutely gutted for them. Wonder how the knobheads who have been hoping for this to happen to a big club so they could say "told you so" about the financial state of the game, will feel tomorrow when tens of thousands of people wake up to find out they have no club to support. We have been on the brink before but I can't even begin to imagine how sickening it would be to actually lose your club. Best of luck to them.
What you mean the knobheads that are right?! And the same knobheads that should have been listened too, becuase several owners of football clubs don't beleive normal rules apply to them, and they can do whatever they want just becuase its a football team rather than a more conventinal business.

Don't get me wrong, I would be truly gutted to see pompey go out of business, but unfourtnately it may take this to happen to realise that football clubs have to be run proberly.
Report Spam   Logged

GTA Champion - Season 09/10
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 09:38:09 am »

Another example of what's wrong in Football today.

I feel sorry for the great Pompey fans.....whatever happens they will be back...good luck to 'em.

Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:49 am »

They won't go bust, it's brinkmanship via the media just like the Rooney thing.
Dunno about that, when the administrators say stuff like we are going to liquidate the club I think its gone past playing the media
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: