The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 21:40:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Justin Edinburgh

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Edinburgh  (Read 49270 times)
Razor

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #540 on: August 29, 2017, 18:37:47 pm »

Just shows a lack of thought that he might possibly need a plan B. He has one winger in the squad, finally feels the pressure too play 4 at the back and has to play a striker on the right of midfield.

What a complete and utter numpty.

And yet everyone keeps saying we have a strong squad on paper Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #541 on: August 29, 2017, 18:47:27 pm »

You lot really get me 🙄. He obviously makes a formation change - leaves out Crooks who needs a rocket up his jacksey - splits Rico and Revs - and he's an arshole! Everyone wondered what our starting line up would be this season - me included! JED has assembled a talented squad that he needs to make work! I hope he can do it. Until then, stop being a bunch of knee jerks and get behind them!
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #542 on: August 29, 2017, 18:56:51 pm »

And yet everyone keeps saying we have a strong squad on paper Roll Eyes

We do, he just hasn't finished it off yet  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 29, 2017, 19:05:27 pm »

Kelvin Thomas has returned to the USA. Spineless. Angry
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 29, 2017, 19:16:17 pm »

Why is he spineless, for going back to the US. It's obvious he isn't going to sack him yet, if it was going to be done then it would have been done by now. We don't have a game worh talking about for two weeks so until the next one we are stuck with JED whether you agree with it or not
Report Spam   Logged
EssTeeFree

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 29, 2017, 19:55:29 pm »

I think that the squad lacks natural pacey 'wide-men' and that a formation and tactics should be used to fit the best players available. Long, Waters, Grimes, O'Toole and Crooks should all be starting IMO. I think Foley will prove to be a starter as well, at least based on his pedigree, and for me he appears to be the best available player on paper to play the holding midfield position.

Playing a midfielder in front of the back three would I think be preferable to playing a third centre back. Foley would also be able to get forward as well and support the attackers, but he would not get ahead of the ball too much so he can track back quicker if possession is lost.

Buchs and Maloney should not be wing-backs and for me shouldn't be getting too far forward at all most of the time, as they can't track back quick enough if possession is lost.

IMO bringing in younger, more athletic full backs would compliment the team I picked better than bringing in two wingers. Regardless, I would rather have Waters/Grimes/O'Toole/Crooks in the team than Hoskins/Powell/Bowditch, though I think these can all still play an important part this season, as I hope Lobjoit can as well!

A good response, don't necessarily agree with everything but I can see why you've got to the point you have. I think our full backs are more than good enough if we play them the right way. A 4-3-3 for me all day long. Crooks, JJOT, Grimes in CM, Long up front with Waters and 1 other as the Wide Forwards. Let the likes of Powell, Bowditch, Hoskins, Lobjoit battle it out for that place. I think Bowditch could do well there, he'd have a bit more space than when he was in the No.10 role and the team wouldn't be built around him there either, which may help.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #546 on: August 29, 2017, 20:06:49 pm »

Ridiculous comment - there may be 101 reasons why he is going back to the US - family or other business interests.
It's so easy for keyboard warriors to throw insults based on their own myopic view of the situation.

For the record I think he should sack JED sooner rather than later but the country KT happens to be in when we have 2 weeks with no meaningful games is hardly grounds for personal insults
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #547 on: August 29, 2017, 20:09:44 pm »

Added to the fact he can sack him from wherever!
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 29, 2017, 20:14:38 pm »

He's spineless for not sacking him immediately after the Peterborough game. The fact he's returned to the USA would signal he's not about to sack him any time soon, hence my reaction to hearing the news.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #549 on: August 29, 2017, 20:22:51 pm »

He's spineless for not sacking him immediately after the Peterborough game. The fact he's returned to the USA would signal he's not about to sack him any time soon, hence my reaction to hearing the news.

Again a imho a myopic view - so you know conversations between them, you know pay off details after so many games, you know the plan B when he has gone?

It's so easy to be a football club chairman from one's keyboard.

The message board is about opinions and great that they differ but for me posters lose credibility when they resort to personal insults
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 29, 2017, 20:27:38 pm »

The f*ck you on about Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2017, 20:33:02 pm »

The f*ck you on about Huh?

Sorry it's so complicated but to simplify I simply think calling KT spineless for going to America is a ridiculous comment.

Here ended a pointless exchange on my part......
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2017, 20:37:25 pm »

OK I'll try again.

He's spineless for not sacking him.

The fact he's gone back to America suggests to me he isn't about to either.

I am disappointed by this situation.

Goodnight.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2017, 20:54:51 pm »

Surely he has to go after that performance ?
He put s side out to win against a cambridge reserves and we were outplayed .
Added to that , the lack of early subs and the anoniminity on the bench .
I mean , where does it go from here ?
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2017, 20:57:18 pm »

Unfortunately I think it will be after the Doncaster defeat now.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #555 on: August 29, 2017, 20:57:56 pm »

Some rumours flying around on Twitter.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #556 on: August 29, 2017, 21:01:37 pm »

Some rumours flying around on Twitter.

Care to elaborate?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #557 on: August 29, 2017, 21:04:21 pm »

Care to elaborate?

Some people suggesting change is happening tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
mr3teas

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 29, 2017, 21:04:49 pm »

Didn't Gary Johnson just hide in dugout before he was sacked
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #559 on: August 29, 2017, 21:07:14 pm »

Has there been a post match interview ?
Report Spam   Logged