The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:31:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Justin Edinburgh

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Edinburgh  (Read 48649 times)
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2017, 08:50:52 am »

Agree that he spoke well in the interview, but giving good interviews is not his job and he clearly intends to persist with tactics that don't use our players strengths, which will mean more poor results and ever increasing demotivation and lack of confidence. I don't remember a more clear-cut case in more than 40 years following the Cobblers of a manager who should be sacked.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2017, 09:27:07 am »

Apparently when asked why he stayed in the dugout for the majority of the match the patronising prick actually had the nerve to say that he did it to make it about the players and not him!

Man04 thought he spoke well ; unlike you to be so out of sync with his comments.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Patmore

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2017, 09:43:23 am »

It was a badly garbled response but I actually thought what he was saying was that he would go back to / stick with 442 in the short term at least.

However, he basically said the reason is because the players don't understand the 3 at the back system so he needed to simplify it for them. I bet that had gone down really well in the dressing room.

I have heard that the players don't understand it. They feel he hasn't explained it at all and they don't actually work on pattern of play either.

Not a single person on here to speak up for JED? Can you ever remember a situation like this, with any manager? He's lost the players (he more or less admitted that himself) he's lost just about every fan, there is no way back from there. Delaying is just prolonging the absolute inevitable and allowing the window to close too. Completely idiotic and indecisive to have not shipped him out. Listening to that, I honestly think even he can't believe he is still in a job.

Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 30, 2017, 10:10:06 am »

Are you ok?
                I wonder if he in in the States to sus out Ashley Westwood as a manager?
Report Spam   Logged
guest170

« Reply #584 on: August 30, 2017, 10:30:25 am »

I cant remember a time when the majority of fans agreed so quickly. I know some have questioned his appointment since day 1 and some have wanted him to go before the season etc but usually with a manger the number of disgruntled fans increases over time. With JED it seems to have jumped from a few to most in a very short period of time.

From reading on here and talking to others, it seems very few (I've found none) are waiting for / expecting / hoping for him to turn it around, it seems people are just waiting for the next game so we can get it done. Feels a very strange situation to be in
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #585 on: August 30, 2017, 10:38:15 am »

What turned me against him after supporting him throughout was the ridiculous team selection on Saturday .
If he had selected any combination except Rico and Revell or played Smith as a wing back / Buchanan in a flat 4 , I would have stuck with him .
He put a noose around his own neck in that game .
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2017, 10:52:20 am »

What turned me against him after supporting him throughout was the ridiculous team selection on Saturday .
If he had selected any combination except Rico and Revell or played Smith as a wing back / Buchanan in a flat 4 , I would have stuck with him .

100% agree with that!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2017, 11:00:37 am »

Had grave doubts after Salop.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2487

« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2017, 11:29:07 am »

The morning has passed then with no news.

Looks like we are stuck with the clown.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2017, 11:33:21 am »

He has lost the support because of his insistence on continuing to do the same thing expecting a different result.  
As has been said, we can all see it why can't he?
I wasn't there Saturday but as soon as I saw that he had replaced Cornell for no good reason and dropped Waters to retain both R&R up top I knew that it wasn't going to end well.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: August 30, 2017, 11:46:41 am »

How the f*ck is he still here?

Honestly. What are we playing at?!?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 30, 2017, 11:52:51 am »

How anyone can feel sorry for him is beyond me, this situation is all self inflcted and he still has the Gaul to say I will more than likely go back to my preferred formation!!!!

**** off!!!

Did he say this? I took it to mean that, although (up until now) he has been stubborn we'll probably have to go back to 4-4-2.

Listen, and I'm sure I'll get pelters for this, because things are currently beyond woeful, but I would still prefer a situation where J. Edinburgh manages to turn this situation around.
Please, hear me out before you start throwing. Yes, I think the keeper situation could prove a major f***-up, as will the lack of wide players. And yes, these things (and many more) are down to the manager. But (and it's a big but), if he can recognize his mistakes and grow from them, then we could still do ok this season.

I'll be honest, I'm surprising myself by writing this, because I was spitting blood on Saturday - and last night didn't sound too good on the radio, either - but, hopefully, the Cambridge game can be the start of improvement. Because, and let's be honest here, if the club replace JE it will cost a heap of time and money.

He admitted himself to being stubborn, so, if he hasn't already done so, I'd suggest he needs to do what Atkins did early doors; sit the players down and have an open free-for-all, let them say what they want with no repercussions. He is still the boss, and any final decisions will be his to stand or fall by, but if he can't get the squad behind him he is done anyway - so he needs to be man enough to take their concerns on board. He needs to address any and all issues concerning his workforce, and this may well include fitness levels and coaching (both of which appear to be lacking).

I can barely remember such total and instant animosity towards one of our managers. I don't know, maybe I'm talking bollox (according to Evers I usually do  Grin), or maybe it's time to drop the vitriol and get behind the guy, at least for the next few weeks. Justin Edinburgh will stand or fall by the decisions he makes in that time, but let's not keep willing him to fail, eh?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #592 on: August 30, 2017, 12:00:37 pm »

I think that we all (less Shoey) want him to succeed, however his inability to adjust the obvious is bringing the supporters together in one voice, which is something that even the Cardoza/Redev shambles couldn't...
If he turns it round, great, if he doesn't he will be pulling even more compensation from another sacking...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
just.reading

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Windows User
« Reply #593 on: August 30, 2017, 12:06:14 pm »

The United States of India?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2017, 12:11:43 pm »

I think that we all (less Shoey) want him to succeed, however his inability to adjust the obvious is bringing the supporters together in one voice, which is something that even the Cardoza/Redev shambles couldn't...
If he turns it round, great, if he doesn't he will be pulling even more compensation from another sacking...

I'm not sure this is true though, is it? Even prior to the Boro game people were hoping we'd get tanked so he could be shown the door, so there are certainly some not wanting him to succeed. As for the rest of it. You are right.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc01

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:38 pm »

I think that was the final nail in the coffin for most people tbh
Report Spam   Logged
defender

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »

How the f*ck is he still here?

Honestly. What are we playing at?!?

100% AGREED. We seem to be shooting ourselves in the foot
Report Spam   Logged
the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2017, 12:31:55 pm »

Watching that interview I don't know if he's lost the dressing room or not, but he's certainly lost his razor.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2017, 12:38:07 pm »

Well, with my very limited knowledge of that gentleman I would definitely hope not.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2017, 12:46:25 pm »

Did he say this? I took it to mean that, although (up until now) he has been stubborn we'll probably have to go back to 4-4-2.

Listen, and I'm sure I'll get pelters for this, because things are currently beyond woeful, but I would still prefer a situation where J. Edinburgh manages to turn this situation around.
Please, hear me out before you start throwing. Yes, I think the keeper situation could prove a major ****-up, as will the lack of wide players. And yes, these things (and many more) are down to the manager. But (and it's a big but), if he can recognize his mistakes and grow from them, then we could still do ok this season.

I'll be honest, I'm surprising myself by writing this, because I was spitting blood on Saturday - and last night didn't sound too good on the radio, either - but, hopefully, the Cambridge game can be the start of improvement. Because, and let's be honest here, if the club replace JE it will cost a heap of time and money.

He admitted himself to being stubborn, so, if he hasn't already done so, I'd suggest he needs to do what Atkins did early doors; sit the players down and have an open free-for-all, let them say what they want with no repercussions. He is still the boss, and any final decisions will be his to stand or fall by, but if he can't get the squad behind him he is done anyway - so he needs to be man enough to take their concerns on board. He needs to address any and all issues concerning his workforce, and this may well include fitness levels and coaching (both of which appear to be lacking).

I can barely remember such total and instant animosity towards one of our managers. I don't know, maybe I'm talking bollox (according to Evers I usually do  Grin), or maybe it's time to drop the vitriol and get behind the guy, at least for the next few weeks. Justin Edinburgh will stand or fall by the decisions he makes in that time, but let's not keep willing him to fail, eh?

Extremely reasonable post Jolly & normally I would take that stance but I truly see nothing to suggest JED is actually capable of making the changes we need - if that is the case (and I hope I'm wrong) but shortly this will become a timing issue - so far adrift with only an average squad (despite what has been said) we will essentially be relegated by Christmas.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: