The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:23:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Justin Edinburgh

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Justin Edinburgh  (Read 48699 times)
Another Pedj

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2017, 17:25:39 pm »

Don't think so
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2017, 17:31:02 pm »

The reputations of managers changes like the weather. Not long ago when Alan Pardew was doing well at Crystal Palace the media were mentioning him as the next England manager. You know what happened next.

Give our new man a chance before rushing to condemn.  
Has he ever been successful at this level....No
Did he sign anyone decent for gillingham this season....No
Has he joined from a more successful/higher placed club....No

Jackett,Adkins,JFH,BmcD
All good managers,all higher league experience,some with league one winning experience.....

I know who fits the bill Justin edinborough.
Let's just sit back and read this post again and then tell me we have chosen the best man for the job.
If I wasn't laughing I'd cry.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2017, 17:34:00 pm »

Don't think so
Il help you.
You've got the wrong person,I knew no one who was interested in taking over the club and have no links to any previous ex chairman who may have been interested in buying the club.

Have a look back and see if you can find out where you've got confused.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2017, 17:40:56 pm »

Jackett,Adkins,JFH,BmcD
All good managers,all higher league experience,some with league one winning experience.....

Let's just sit back and read this post again and then tell me we have chosen the best man for the job.

As usual you have taken only the negative points, which might all be true so far.

However, he has consistently improved teams performances upon arrival, look at the teams when he arrived to when he left, all improved. Also, look at the teams league position when he left them (particularly Newport) and look at them now. Also, last season, Gillingham scored 71 goals in 46 league games.

Always more than one side to a story, I'm happy to wait and see how things go.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2017, 17:41:44 pm »

Could we have Dack and Emmanuel-Thomas now please Justin?
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2017, 17:49:13 pm »

A Gills fans view of Edinburgh

https://jamieduncanblogs.wordpress.com/
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2017, 17:53:48 pm »

Jackett,Adkins,JFH,BmcD

Whilst I would have preferred some of the names you've mentioned (Jackett was my choice), I don't quite share the full extent of your pessimism.

Despite what you say, his Gillingham side outplayed us - and won - at Priestfield earlier this season and Edinburgh had a decent season at this level last year. They were in the play-off hunt last year before an injury crisis hit and they've had some serious injuries this year too.

I'm confident that he will prove to more intelligent, more tactically astute and better in the transfer market than Page (the signing of Jay Emmanuel Thomas who won the match for them last year being one example). My main concern with him is that his teams seem to ship an alarming amount of goals, something which proved Page's downfall despite people bemoaning his 'defensive' style.

Whether he has the long-term vision necessary to establish us as a force at this level remains to be seen. For now, he deserves our vociferous support.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2017, 17:57:22 pm »

As usual you have taken only the negative points, which might all be true so far.

However, he has consistently improved teams performances upon arrival, look at the teams when he arrived to when he left, all improved. Also, look at the teams league position when he left them (particularly Newport) and look at them now. Also, last season, Gillingham scored 71 goals in 46 league games.

Always more than one side to a story, I'm happy to wait and see how things go.
The negative points which are all true
I want him to be a success at my club and I hope he keeps us up.
I'm not sitting on the fence,I don't rate him and I think it's an awful appointment.

Do I want him to do well
Of course I do.

Do I think he will
No

Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2017, 18:03:09 pm »

Jackett,Adkins,JFH,BmcD

But none of them wanted the job,

JE is a solid L1 appointment.
Report Spam   Logged
Cobbler78

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2017, 18:20:31 pm »

The negative points which are all true
I want him to be a success at my club and I hope he keeps us up.
I'm not sitting on the fence,I don't rate him and I think it's an awful appointment.

Do I want him to do well
Of course I do.

Do I think he will
No

Fair enough.

What do you see as success/failure this season and next.

I would say, this season, success keeping us up, failure relegation
Next season, success top half finish. Failure, relegation battle or relegation.
Small steps.
Report Spam   Logged
Baldy

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Combination
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2017, 18:27:23 pm »

Andy who runs the shop near me in The Gem Of The Norfolk Coast is a season ticket holder at Gillingham. He was happy that Edinburgh had been sacked when I talked to him last weekend. Doesn't rate him at all. Said he started off well but other teams sussed them out and Edinburgh had no plan B. Obviously we didn't suss them out but most other teams have.
Report Spam   Logged
MikeElderton

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2017, 18:31:02 pm »

Never mind all that. This ruins the JJOT song  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2017, 18:50:51 pm »

Weren't my first choice - but happy with this appointment. Hopefully he'll bring in some much needed professionalism and behind the scenes personnel.

Baffled as to why Shoemaker is so anti Edinburgh  Grin Probably because he was the only available manager he didn't have 'inside knowledge' on  Grin Grin

We've got O'Toole
John Joe O'Toole
I just don't think you understand
He's Edinburgh's man
He owns a caravan
We've got John Joe O'Toole.

Sounds much better than Rob Page....
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2017, 18:53:52 pm »

Despite what you say, his Gillingham side outplayed us - and won - at Priestfield earlier this season and Edinburgh had a decent season at this level last year. support.

I think that your comment of "outplayed us" is hardly fair or even accurate. We had sufficient chances to win the game up to the 75th Minute; for the remainder of the game Gillingham were in the ascendancy. Even then it took a monumental error from of our players to gift then the winner. I appreciate the temptation to bolster your argument in support of JE, but imo your comments are misleading.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tom

View Profile
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2017, 18:58:59 pm »

Jackett,Adkins,JFH,BmcD

It doesn't really matter though does it? He's here, get behind him.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2017, 18:59:19 pm »

I don't see why Shoey is getting slated. Fair play to him for offering up an opinion up front. He's just saying he's not impressed with the appointment. He's still wishing the bloke the best and hoping to be proved wrong.  You're like a pack of fcuking wolves.

Personally I'm looking forward to a bit of football being played and hope Edinburgh brings that. I'm happy to see how it goes.
Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2017, 19:02:45 pm »

Good luck to him he's going to need it if that's the support he gets from some of our own fans.

I'm hoping it works out for him, the club and most importantly us as as fans.
Report Spam   Logged
REDLETTER

we came,we saw,we conquered.N.t.f.c.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2017, 19:34:06 pm »

Lets go full force and get behind him until the end of the season,songs please..love that bit.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2017, 19:46:24 pm »

I don't see why Shoey is getting slated. Fair play to him for offering up an opinion up front. He's just saying he's not impressed with the appointment. He's still wishing the bloke the best and hoping to be proved wrong.  You're like a pack of fcuking wolves.

Personally I'm looking forward to a bit of football being played and hope Edinburgh brings that. I'm happy to see how it goes.

I am surprised that you cannot quite understand why Shoey is being criticized for his comments which are mostly viewed on here as anti JE. I can appreciate Shoey's views; unfortunately he (Shoey) comes across in a somewhat churlish manner. Its almost as Alfred says he has lost some money with the Bookies. He would have done better to welcome JE in the first instance and then added a few caveats. So in summary he comes across as a negative supporter, which is why he is being slated.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
andycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2017, 19:58:41 pm »

I am surprised that you cannot quite understand why Shoey is being criticized for his comments which are mostly viewed on here as anti JE. I can appreciate Shoey's views; unfortunately he (Shoey) comes across in a somewhat churlish manner. Its almost as Alfred says he has lost some money with the Bookies. He would have done better to welcome JE in the first instance and then added a few caveats. So in summary he comes across as a negative supporter, which is why he is being slated.

Sit on the fence and wait and see which is what I'm doing and fingers crossed he does well for us.

Welcome JE.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 36   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: