The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:06:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Brighton Marathon fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brighton Marathon fundraising for Macmillan Cancer Support  (Read 614 times)
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 6 Search Apple User
« on: January 22, 2014, 16:46:17 pm »

Hi fellow Hotelenders.
My wife is running the Brighton Marathon in April to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support. This is obviously a massive personal challenge and also in order to raise funds for Macmillan in memory of a lost Cobblers Fan Jonathan "Twister" Morris who passed away aged 38 after a brave fight against cancer. His last game was away to Liverpool who were superb in helping us get there and throughout as were the team both on the night and in sending a signed card to him. The link is below if anyone would like to sponsor Louise.
Thanks for reading. Ali

Hello
You can help Louise Talbot who is running the Brighton Marathon on April 6th to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support you can help by donating directly to their fundraising page - http://www.justgiving.com/Louise-Talbot1.
JustGiving sends your donation straight to Macmillan Cancer Support and automatically reclaims Gift Aid if you are a UK taxpayer, so your donation is worth even more.
Thank you for your support!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:41:11 am by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 18:07:12 pm »

With less than a week to go until the Brighton Marathon my wife has put in a huge amount of dedication and hard work alongside working and being a mum of two that would put many a well paid footballer to shame! It's not too late to sponsor Louise and every little bit helps raise funds for MacMillan and remember a lost Cobblers fan Jon Morris. The £1000 barrier was broken this week which is tremendous. I've even tried to resurrect my running feet and did the racecourse 5k Parkrun on Saturday. I couldn't keep up with Karl though.

If you can dig deep please do.

http://www.justgiving.com/Louise-Talbot1

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 19:01:01 pm by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 21:52:25 pm »

Do all charity donations now automatically claim gift aid? Ridiculous that you had to opt in and wern't allowed to ask the donator to do so, merely point out what gift aid was
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 10:02:59 am »

It seems that you have to opt in as a way of acknowledging you're a uk taxpayer but who knows. Thanks for the donation. I will do a post marathon update on Monday.
I'll be knackered watching all those runners!
Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 15:49:09 pm »

Louise completed her first ever marathon in a very respectable 4hrs 43 mins which you could knock off the best part of 10 mins due to toilet queues!

Including pledges the total raised is over £1400 which is outstanding. Many thanks to everyone who has supported the cause and helped with the motivation.
Report Spam   Logged

Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:12 am »

I heard you got me n Mark Kennedy mistaken today  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023