The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 14:14:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Should we send Coventry back?

Poll
Question: Should NTFC end the "rental agreement with Coventry City?"  (Voting closed: February 17, 2014, 14:43:59 pm)
Yes - 19 (28.8%)
No - 46 (69.7%)
Unsure - 1 (1.5%)
Total Voters: 61

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we send Coventry back?  (Read 9761 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2014, 19:07:19 pm »

Right, we can talk about him now
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2014, 20:03:02 pm »

Any chance we can get that from your lot or are you too busy counting our pennies.
Didnt think that it would take this long to get that off your chest.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2014, 21:35:09 pm »

I keep telling you... Nobody gives a fcuk about you... Even before, during and after the Arsenal game who gave a shyte?

We was told you would come down in huge numbers to protest outside games. Hardly any one turns up.

Outside of Coventry you're gone. Unless it's a day out at a prem club, or on your own doorstep, even your own support won't get off the if @rses to protest.

For what it's worth, we're not a lot better off. We're looking down the barrel of a gun at oblivion. But we're well accustomed to pi$$ taking and misery. You'll get used to it.

Staying away is a protest.  Especially when you couple it together with our best away crowds for years,  again another protest.

The reason there has been so little protesting outside of sixfields is because the majority of us see no point in going to sixfields to protest about not wanting to go to sixfields. I'm sure you can see the sense in that.

I disagree that no one else cares.  We have had plenty of support crom many clubs especially clubs like afc Wimbledon and Portsmouth.  Clubs that have been screwed over not just by their owners but the FL and FA and rules that can only be described as the pirates code, in that they are more guidelines than rules. These are the same "rules" that could screw your club over too if left unchallenged and that is why you should care.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2014, 21:45:53 pm »

They ran out of sky blue balloons....
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2014, 21:59:04 pm »

From a personal point of view I do care which is why I'm bothering with this discussion as in the long term cov should be in cov. For those that can't travel or choose not to for their own reason fair enough I was just pointing out some of the hypocrisy from some fans.
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2014, 06:30:49 am »

Let me enlighten you a bit here... We've been screwed over more times than you'd care to imagine. We didn't create the first football Trust in the world because we were doing just fine. We've had buckets out for collections. Protest marches and crisis meetings begging for support from other clubs, all of it over the years. When it comes to protests, you're preaching to the masters on here.

Until you've been through what we've been through and are still experiencing, don't even try to lecture us on how fcuking shyte the FL and FA are. And don't recall even so much as a sniff in our direction when we've needed a favour.

Enlighten me. I'm intrigued to know what difficulties your club has been through.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #146 on: February 21, 2014, 07:01:49 am »

Well there was that time we finished bottom of division 4 when the league decided not to relegate us due to our "superior stadium" the county ground. Bloody league not following their own rules properly!
Report Spam   Logged

Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #147 on: February 21, 2014, 07:33:52 am »

It makes me smile when i read about these Coventry fans who wont travel 35 miles to see there team play at Northampton. I travel  a 200 mile round trip to see the cobblers play at HOME and ive been doing it for 19 years and there are a lot like me ......
Me too
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2014, 22:33:22 pm »

I think you've just illustrated my point perfectly...  Grin

Yeah thanks for clearing that up.  You're right we don't know how good we've got it.  I see that now Cry
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 21, 2014, 22:56:51 pm »

Think the point that was being made is when a club goes through a bad time for whatever reason then nobody apart from fans of that club really care. Northamptons issues have been highlighted over the last 20 plus years and yet you're not aware of any of them and apart from the odd message of support nobody is really bothered about what is happening with cov.
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 22, 2014, 08:02:38 am »

[quote author=bri77 link=topic=9358.msg186396#msg186396 date=1393027
Think the point that was being made is when a club goes through a bad time for whatever reason then nobody apart from fans of that club really care. Northamptons issues have been highlighted over the last 20 plus years and yet you're not aware of any of them and apart from the odd message of support nobody is really bothered about what is happening with cov.
[/quote]

Here's what I don't get. I would have thought that your own past/current issues would have made your fan base sympathetic to our cause, especially as Cardoza has got you firmly involved and that generally doesn't seem to be the case.

We have had loads of support from Wimbledon and Portsmouth fans especially and when we travel away the home fans of that club really get it as you seen at arsenal.

Lately I think our own fans have also been very supportive of Hull, Leeds and Cardiff with the issues they are having with owners forcing unwanted change on their club's.

Fans are the club. So why do the majority of your fans see our club as a pay day rather than fellow fans that need your support?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 08:04:26 am by skybluestayaway » Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #151 on: February 22, 2014, 08:20:56 am »

Trouble is Skyblue, when the deal was announced alot of Coventry fans came on here and your own forum, giving it the billy big bollocks, basically saying how dare a small club invite your mighty team a ground to play on, slagging off not only NTFC and its supporters but also the Town itself, sorry but you deserve all you get.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
sbedscobb

« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2014, 08:30:42 am »

They old American saying 'Never give a sucker an even break' rings true in football especially on this one, Coventry have never helped us in our times of need, but we let them hire Sixfields to protect them from themselves but Skyblue deserter tries to point a finger at us Huh?

When ones on the bones of ones arrse, show some gratitude and humility and above all get behind your club!
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:54 am »

I'm beginning to question whether or not you're wnding us up, or you really are thick.

Tell me what you base the statement "So why do the majority of your fans see our club as a pay day" on???

Did you not see the poll results at the top of the page?
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 22, 2014, 11:14:29 am »

Trouble is Skyblue, when the deal was announced alot of Coventry fans came on here and your own forum, giving it the billy big bollocks, basically saying how dare a small club invite your mighty team a ground to play on, slagging off not only NTFC and its supporters but also the Town itself, sorry but you deserve all you get.

Yeah I wouldn't take too much notice of that if I was you.  Understandably there was and still is a lot of angry Coventry fans. I would say most of it was down to them wanting you to hate us and put pressure on cardoza to send us back . I seriously doubt that Coventry fans in any numbers really hold any real hatred at your club or fans. Undoubtedly there are some but they are very much a minority. Cardoza on the other hand.
Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 22, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

They old American saying 'Never give a sucker an even break' rings true in football especially on this one, Coventry have never helped us in our times of need, but we let them hire Sixfields to protect them from themselves but Skyblue deserter tries to point a finger at us Huh?

When ones on the bones of ones arrse, show some gratitude and humility and above all get behind your club!

I think you'll struggle to find a Coventry fan who believes for one moment that Cardoza made this decision in your clubs name to help us out and even fewer that believe this move has been for the benefit of the club.

Its only benefits our owners and there pursuit of the ownership of the ricoh. They haven't even confirmed that the club would own the ricoh should our owners buy it and they are very reluctant to confirm one way or the other,  when questioned they just say something along the lines of the details are yet to be sorted out.  We could end up in the same or even worse scenario then we were before we left for sixfields.

Would you accept this scenario as fans?
Report Spam   Logged
TopCat

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #156 on: February 22, 2014, 12:55:21 pm »

This thread is more than tedious!! It's more like "Ground Hog Day"!!

Lets move on hey, and concentrate on NTFC....
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***’... me!

CARDOZA - A clown, A fool, A charlaton. The destroyer of NTFC 1897 to 2015....ON HIS WATCH!!!!
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #157 on: February 22, 2014, 13:01:54 pm »

[quote author=bri77 link=topic=9358.msg186396#msg186396 date=1393027

Here's what I don't get. I would have thought that your own past/current issues would have made your fan base sympathetic to our cause, especially as Cardoza has got you firmly involved and that generally doesn't seem to be the case.

We have had loads of support from Wimbledon and Portsmouth fans especially and when we travel away the home fans of that club really get it as you seen at arsenal.

Lately I think our own fans have also been very supportive of Hull, Leeds and Cardiff with the issues they are having with owners forcing unwanted change on their club's.

Fans are the club. So why do the majority of your fans see our club as a pay day rather than fellow fans that need your support?

As a Premier League Club did you give Hull a moments thought when they were struggling near the bottom of Division 3 and facing bankrupcy at the turn of the century?

Do you think Villa, United, Spurs fans etc really care about you now? If Cardiff or Hull didn't have controversial owners, do you think they'd be giving you a second thought, if we went back 10/15 years and someone wanted to change Cardiff's colours to red or rename Hull to Hull Tigers no one outside those Cities would take any notice.

Portsmouth wouldn't have cared if Harry was still in charge and they were still in the PL and winning the FA Cup. The only ones that would show you a passing interest is AFC Kingstonian. What were your thoughts on Wimbledon when they were getting 3500 for PL matches?

You're down with the bottom feeders now, with teams that no one outside our own really care about, which is why the only thing us Cobblers are concerned about over this Ground Share is the state of our pitch.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 13:07:46 pm by St Edmundsbury Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 22, 2014, 13:18:27 pm »

You honestly think those 60 odd people represent the 700,000 folk of Northamptonshire? I keep telling you....

NOBODY CARES

Now wander off and try to sort it out with those that give a damn...

If you don't give a toss about the state of football why do you bother following it?

Because that's what it comes down to.  What's happened to my club could happen to any club.  So next time something happens to your club that could consign it to the history books for ever it will be too late to give a toss.

Report Spam   Logged
skybluestayaway

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 22, 2014, 13:23:34 pm »

As a Premier League Club did you give Hull a moments thought when they were struggling near the bottom of Division 3 and facing bankrupcy at the turn of the century?

Do you think Villa, United, Spurs fans etc really care about you now? If Cardiff or Hull didn't have controversial owners, do you think they'd be giving you a second thought, if we went back 10/15 years and someone wanted to change Cardiff's colours to red or rename Hull to Hull Tigers no one outside those Cities would take any notice.

Portsmouth wouldn't have cared if Harry was still in charge and they were still in the PL and winning the FA Cup. The only ones that would show you a passing interest is AFC Kingstonian. What were your thoughts on Wimbledon when they were getting 3500 for PL matches?

You're down with the bottom feeders now, with teams that no one outside our own really care about, which is why the only thing us Cobblers are concerned about over this Ground Share is the state of our pitch.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it. Yes we have suffered from it as a group of fans in the past so don't you think it might be a good time to learn from our situation and indeed from your own history so I've been told and show us some common camaraderie and force the issue with your owner?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: