The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:13:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

To Ant Collett and The Trust....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To Ant Collett and The Trust....  (Read 4777 times)
derbycobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2010, 17:55:34 pm »

I note Ant has written on a Kentish news website.

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/sport/2010/october/28/gills_jury.aspx

Predicting a cobblers loss I see.
Report Spam   Logged
Trust Ant

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2010, 20:47:56 pm »

Or whoever is the FANS REPRESENTATIVE on the board…….

The Club is in severe danger of losing its place in the football league and on here and I would imagine between fans that don’t post on here there are a lot of worried fans with a lot of questions.  Yet the group that are supposed to represent us are once again quiet. Please can you climb out of Cardoza’s pocket and ask/answer some bloody questions………

I have a couple…..

Firstly, Does David Cardoza seriously believes that on the field this Football Club is going in the right direction?  Does he seriously believe we are playing the best football he’s ever seen?  Because 4 wins in 24 games or 28 wins in 93 games ISN’T actually going in the right direction.  Losing three of the last four games to teams you EXPECT to be in and around the relegation scrap and who you EXCPECT Northampton Town to beat ISN’T going in the right direction.  Losing 4-3 to the worst Club in the league having been 3-0 up ISN’T going in the right direction.

I’ll admit now, either for work reasons or “I have better things to do with my money” reasons (and until the embarrassing relegation from League 1 I never “had better things to do with my money”) I’ve only been to two games this season, but from what my friends say and, with the exception of NTFC Nut and a couple of others that are either easily pleased or have Claret tinted glasses, what I’m reading on here, we’re not actually playing great football.  The exception being against Bradford and 70 mins against Chesterfield.

Secondly, off the field there are so many stories of where we are financially.  Are we now financially sound? Are we £7million quid in debt to David Cardoza?  Will there money to spend on players in January?  Are “established” players turning us down meaning we have to go for inexperienced players?

Northampton Town Football Club is in a complete mess and the current board seem to be trying to paper over the very large cracks that are appearing using a Carling Cup run which has seen us actually only win 1 game out of the 3.  The rest of it they appear to be burying their heads in the sand.

You can tell we’re in the sh*t when "Black Army" misses a couple of away games due to having something else to do, when "Marvo" decides travelling down the road to Oxford on his day off isn’t something he wants to do and mainly when we haven’t got Glen “Saturday Banana” Cousner, Mark “Positive” Kennedy and Linda “DL” Smith posting on here.  Because all last season and all summer they believed that we were going to be ok, they believed Sammo was the right man for the job and they believed we would do well this season and anybody that disagreed were heathens.  They appear to have stopped believing.  THINGS ARE THAT BAD THAT THERE'S A THREAD CALLING FOR THE RETURN OF IAN ATKINS FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!!

The Trust are the “Fans Representatives on the Board” I and many many others don’t care about Car Boot Sales and whatever else, we’re care about where our Football Club is going.  And at this moment in time, it’s in severe danger of losing it’s proud place in the Football League and facing trips to the likes of Forest bloody Green. 

Fans are questioning the management not only of the team but at board level of this Football Club, it's time someone answered them.

St Edmundsbury and all other passionate cobblers fans

Here is my response to your concerns / questions:

Of course no one is happy with the way things are going on the pitch at the moment.

As i said last night, I wanted to speak with Sammo after the Hereford game, as I had concerns, I knew Supporters would want answers.

Sammo was as honest as ever and admitted where improvements needed to be made, but he recognises we need to get an experienced centre back in, which he is working on, obviously NTFC can only get loans or out of contract players at this time. He wants to get another striker in too. He certainly recognises he needs to get results, but he will not compromise the fact he wants his teams to play football not play long ball.

In terms of NTFC's finances, in the most recent set of filed accounts our long term liabilities were £7-8 million, most owed to David Cardoza, however I believe us to be running approximately at a break even figure. I believe this debt to be partly made up of the debt and the amount of money we were losing before David Cardoza came in and also the over spending when DC first came in with Wilkinson and Calderwood given financial resources (Sammo has less than two thirds of their budget). Since I have been on the board (and I am not saying this is because of me, it is just what I am best placed to talk about), NTFC has tried to get back, closer to break even figure, we cannot go back to losing over a million a season. We also MUST ensure we do not spiral any further though.

I don't think experienced players are turning us down, I think Sammo went for younger players he has tracked and now he recognises he needs an experienced centre half, hence why he has not gone back in for Tozer, we have lost out on one exprienced defender due to where he lives, McKenzie is one experienced player that has come in.

How many other clubs have such good access to Chairman and Management, through open forums, on this messageboard with Q and A etc.

I have always put forward Supporters concerns/questions to NTFC and David Cardoza, be assured of that, but DC is the majority shareholder, there is only so much the rest of us can influence.

I may not get as much time as I would like to get on the messageboard, but I am always available by email, I will be in the Sporting bar on matchdays, I am here to serve you guys, if you have deep concerns about what is going on, come and see me in person, I can be more open too!!

Finally The Trust knows Car Boots are not the be all and end all, we know we need to be more pro-active (we are all volunteers, and we really do need more volunteers), but imagine how much more strength the Supporters Representative's word would carry if they represented 4000 members instead of the usual 600.

If you have any further questions come and find me in the Supporters bar and we can take your views forward.

All the best and lets hope we can get a win, and fast.

Ant.

Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2010, 21:51:58 pm »

Ant

Does David Cardoza expect the full 7-8 million pounds to be repaid?

How long would you expect it to take for the debts to be repaid should they be called in?

Are you concerned by the debt levels you have quoted? It's all very well mentioning 7-8 million is dispatches...Its a huge sum.

Do you think we've seen 7-8 millions pounds worth of footballing performances in the current chairman's tenure?
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 29, 2010, 15:40:10 pm »

Well, not a lot there that wasn't common knowledge beforehand.However,bearing in mind that budgets at football clubs in the lower tier have been reduced across the board in recent years, and if Sammo is still getting a budget around two thirds of that which Calderwoood enjoyed, he should be doing a damn sight better than he is.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #124 on: October 29, 2010, 19:21:54 pm »

I'm surprised Ant as a director doesn't have a firmer grip on the numbers.  After all what's a million between friends?  Is it not the case that the debt to DC peaked at £8.25m and three years later sat at £6.7m (end June 2009)? With perhaps a further reduction over the last 18 months?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #125 on: October 29, 2010, 19:36:39 pm »

I must say that I am staggered that our budget back then was ONLY circa 1.5 million. Smith, Josh and Westwood....theres at least 3 or 4 hundred grand worth of wages for starters. We had 3 goalkeepers at one point, and a squad of about a 100!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #126 on: October 29, 2010, 19:39:28 pm »

It's a small point but Tony Cardoza is by far the largest shareholder.
I wonder when he was last at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 29, 2010, 19:46:40 pm »

It's a small point but Tony Cardoza is by far the largest shareholder.
I wonder when he was last at Sixfields.

Not that often these days, but considerably more than the Glazers are at Old Trafford!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2010, 08:02:12 am »

I'm afraid Ant's reply evades most of the searching questions posed on this board as to the role of the Trust and what it has achieved.  I think he is also forgetting that on behalf of his membership he is a director of NTFC Ltd but he does not seem to act as one.  I would add that just because the Cardozas have control it does not mean you cannot be a dissenting voice on occasions.  But the complete lack of information from the Trust to its members on things that matter and the failure to seek members' views means that Ant in practice is representing the views (if any) of a very small group within the Trust whose appraoch appears to be one of passive acceptance of everything that has happened over recent years.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2010, 08:21:01 am »

I'm afraid Ant's reply evades most of the searching questions posed on this board as to the role of the Trust and what it has achieved.  I think he is also forgetting that on behalf of his membership he is a director of NTFC Ltd but he does not seem to act as one.  I would add that just because the Cardozas have control it does not mean you cannot be a dissenting voice on occasions.  But the complete lack of information from the Trust to its members on things that matter and the failure to seek members' views means that Ant in practice is representing the views (if any) of a very small group within the Trust whose appraoch appears to be one of passive acceptance of everything that has happened over recent years.

I hope you'll be voicing your concerns to Ant in person  before today's game, after which you will put your solutions into a form in which they may be presented to the Trust membership for being voted on as soon as possible to achieve the results you require.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2010, 08:35:52 am »

My concerns are set out very clearly in this thread which Ant has read and to which he has not responded other than in broad terms which read as saying he will put forward supporters' views but they don't really matter because the Cardozas have complete control of the club which in turn comes down to the fundamental question of the very point of there being a Trust.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2010, 08:46:10 am »

My concerns are set out very clearly in this thread which Ant has read and to which he has not responded other than in broad terms which read as saying he will put forward supporters' views but they don't really matter because the Cardozas have complete control of the club which in turn comes down to the fundamental question of the very point of there being a Trust.

You can't conduct business through a website where you don't even say who you are, you idiot! Do you really expect organisations to trawl through website message boards and then formulate their policy from what is written there?
If you can't be bothered to go through proper channels your opinions are worthless, just a bit of fun trivia on a site where nobody is accountable.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2010, 08:57:48 am »

No need to get shirty, Steve R! But Ant has read this board and responded (weakly IMO) so who says he is not taking on board comments posted here.  Like 99% of posters on this site it is my preference and my right to stay anonymous.  I intend to keep it that way. 
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2010, 09:08:38 am »

No need to get shirty, Steve R! But Ant has read this board and responded (weakly IMO) so who says he is not taking on board comments posted here.  Like 99% of posters on this site it is my preference and my right to stay anonymous.  I intend to keep it that way. 

Look, I'm not being shirty, and I have nothing against you personally, it's simply that this site is not a vehicle for expecting any organisation to use to formulate its policy. Any individual with serious concerns should approach organisations or individuals directly with those concerns, using open information about who you are and where you may be contacted. After all, if you had concerns about asking for a bigger bank overdraft, would you post it on here in the hope that someone from your bank may read it and look kindly upon you (which they couldn't anyway because they wouldn't know who you were)? Or is it just possible that you would write directly to your bank so they can sort it out directly for you?

Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2010, 09:12:56 am »

Look, I'm not being shirty, and I have nothing against you personally, it's simply that this site is not a vehicle for expecting any organisation to use to formulate its policy. Any individual with serious concerns should approach organisations or individuals directly with those concerns, using open information about who you are and where you may be contacted. After all, if you had concerns about asking for a bigger bank overdraft, would you post it on here in the hope that someone from your bank may read it and look kindly upon you (which they couldn't anyway because they wouldn't know who you were)? Or is it just possible that you would write directly to your bank so they can sort it out directly for you?

Not true steve - GAP bowed to pressure from a social networking site regarding the new design of their logo which went down like a lead balloon. As a Business you should never underestimate the power of your customers from which ever source they chose to give there opinions
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2010, 09:22:13 am »

Hold on a minute,the trust has used both this and the old site for its benefit in the past, even having an ask ant section, its been good enough in the past, i suggest in future the trust dont post on here when they want something unless they get to know all the posters first, it works both ways Steve  .IAN TOWNSEND.
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2010, 09:27:27 am »

As Ian says, you can't have it both ways.This is a further indication of the Trust failing in its duty. Ted King.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2010, 09:53:19 am »

Grin Just received my Trust AGM letter

No1 on the agenda, 'Apologies' ......... its gonna be a f***ing long night  Grin

PS yes i know what apologies means.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2010, 10:47:02 am »

Not true steve - GAP bowed to pressure from a social networking site regarding the new design of their logo which went down like a lead balloon. As a Business you should never underestimate the power of your customers from which ever source they chose to give there opinions

Of course organisations use social networking sites etc. as part of their trawls of public opinion, it's a tool as part of a much wider strategy, but I don't see why that should be some sort of excuse for the anonymous moaning of individuals who can't be bothered to correctly address their thoughts to the relevant individuals or organisations about whom they have a grouse. Go direct - if you have the courage. It's much more likely to have an effect. Or is cowardice so widespread?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2010, 11:05:51 am »

Of course organisations use social networking sites etc. as part of their trawls of public opinion, it's a tool as part of a much wider strategy, but I don't see why that should be some sort of excuse for the anonymous moaning of individuals who can't be bothered to correctly address their thoughts to the relevant individuals or organisations about whom they have a grouse. Go direct - if you have the courage. It's much more likely to have an effect. Or is cowardice so widespread?

I don't disagree with you Steve. But the problem is, is that most people wont. Its bread into the British way of life. If somebody doesn't like their meal at a restaurant, they rarely complain to them but they don't go back again for another meal. And they probably tell others about their poor experience as well.

At least with this forum, the club does have some access to the general consensus amongst its customer base. As such, they should take on board what people say, even if they remain anon. Half the problem is when people do speak out, they get criticised by the masses for doing so and they don't like it. You've got broad shoulders and take it on the chin, your newspaper column often provokes negative responses from people but it doesn't bother you and I say fair play to you for that. Its no different to me, I've had loads of arguments with other supporters over the years during matches because Im very opinionated and again people don't like it. The majority of people like to be anon and just moan at people who do air their views. Theres a fair few people on here that don't like me - but it doesn't bother me one jot because they don't even know me! Over the years, I've been more active than most and have made a lot of positive contributions to the club - but I have personally preferred to be low profile about them because quite frankly I am not bothered what people think! Rob Marshall is a classic example. I've had major rows with him at away games in the past (!!) but I have got a huge amount of respect for what he did back in the early 90's. A huge amount. Yet he has had to take so much s*** because of his politics mainly, not withstanding that he is fairly controversial with what he thinks on occasions. The same could be said of Ian (Grove) who again made a stance about something, went very public with it...and as such has had to take flak about it from people who didn't agree with it. Saturday Banana's another one, its put the poor bloke off of posting on this site!

In summary, most people cant be done with the baggage that comes with making their views public. Which is why I think the club should take the comments on this website very seriously and use it as a gauge to how satisfied or otherwise its customers are. After all, DC threatened 'MANWORK' with suing, so it does take anon opinions seriously when it suits.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: