The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:07:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Will we stay up?

Poll
Question: Splinters out of the backside time. Will we stay up this season?
Yes - 39 (65%)
No - 21 (35%)
Total Voters: 57

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we stay up?  (Read 3088 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:52:21 am »

The focus is now a little off DC and back onto the playing side. Effectively 7 points (counting goal difference) adrift and 5 wins all season.
I thought that if we had won yesterday we would and if we had lost we wouldn't. A draw has scuppered that idea!

I'm still going with YES, although there will probably be some last day nail biting if we do.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 05:49:01 am »

Nope we're doomed. Boothy killed us.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
TbananaG

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 06:09:48 am »

Yes, but mostly because Bury, Accrington and Mansfield will hardly get another point between them.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 06:48:34 am »

Yes, but mostly because Bury, Accrington and Mansfield will hardly get another point between them.

I think Wycombe are in trouble too!
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:55:19 am »

I think we'll stay up, the only time I've thought we might go down this season was when we lost at home to Wycombe and we were stalling on a new manager.

The thing is, I don't think Cardoza will allow us to go down and if that means signing two top notch loanees in April then that's what he'll do.
Report Spam   Logged

defender

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 07:29:05 am »

I feel we will stay up, yesterday's game showed a change in most areas on the pitch, we could have won the game, if not for howler at the start. we were well drilled in most area's and heads were up.We will be ok.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 07:35:27 am »

We will stay up as said previously there is a group of 4 other clubs that are worse than us.
Hopefully the club sends out a rallying call to those staysways and we start to fill the stadium.

According to reports from those that went yesterday,  the new signings looked promising, so I'm not just expecting to survive but build a team ready for the promotion challenge next season!
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 08:49:02 am »

Hoping for a miracle, but think we will go. Would be surprised to see Bury go, new manager,new team and a win yesterday. Us and Mansfield i think.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 09:12:26 am »

Still think we need a couple of loans probably both midfielders.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:22 am »

I still feel we've got too much to do but would probably be better able to comment after seeing next weeks game. Get back to you than.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 09:27:28 am »

I think we'll drop. I know things are looking up but the league seems a bit strange this season! Most of the teams that were around us earlier on (Accrington, Bury, Torquay) seem to have picked up wins where we haven't. If we only had to overhaul one team 7 points ahead of us if be more hopeful, but we've got to overhaul at least 2. You'll be needing two teams to get less than a point a game from here on in, and so far this season there is only one team averaging less than a point per game....that's us!
Realistically we need another 26/27 points....and hope that two of those around us pick up no more than 18.

I believe the loan window closes at the end of Feb Marvo...precisely to stop what you are advocating!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 09:36:51 am »

I've voted yes but that's on the assumption that at least two more players are
brought in over the next fortnight or so.

I'm not too concerned at this point what other teams are doing...it's still totally in our hands and if we pick up 8 wins a few draws we should be fine.

The next 2 games are massive though and we will know after them if the 'new team' has it in it to produce top half football for the remainde of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 09:45:56 am »

Yes, if we win most of our home games and pick up draws and the occasional win away.  I think it will go right down to the last couple of matches.  I am concerned that the new manager is not planning any more signings because we still seem to be short of at least one creative midfielder.  Survival will mean Hackett, Carter & Morris need to up their performance levels on anything we have seen so far this season.  The odd match excepted all have been consistently poor.

One thing that most supporters will agree on is that if we do go down the blame will not rest with the new management team.  Within a week he has identified the glaring weaknesses in the side and brought in replacements.  We can only hope that Connell & Sinclair form a goalscoring partnership very quickly.

Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 09:52:39 am »

No for these reasons. I think we may well pick up 26/27 points If we gel  but fear we are gonna need closer to thirty.
The new management have a longish contract and very little blame will be apportioned to them If we go down. They can afford to start building medium term even if us fans cannot.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:20 am »

I believe the loan window closes at the end of Feb Marvo...precisely to stop what you are advocating!!

Loan window explained from last season, I assume similar for this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2274879/Football-League-loan-window-explained.html
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 10:10:53 am »

If it goes to the wire then you are also hoping that lady luck goes your way which is hasn't done all season. We need it done and dusted before the final two games which means we need to go on an incredible run. I have faith in the management duo but it is a tall order. I have my eye on Mansfield as one team to go. As for the other? Not Wycombe or Bury. Portsmouth or Accrington maybe - or us obviously? We need to keep within 2 points of safety quickly. The month of February sees a quintet of games against coastal clubs, 3 at home 2 away. 10 points out of 15 would be most welcome.
Report Spam   Logged
fatblokecobbler

We all follow the cobblers.................

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 10:34:04 am »

If it goes to the wire then you are also hoping that lady luck goes your way which is hasn't done all season. We need it done and dusted before the final two games which means we need to go on an incredible run. I have faith in the management duo but it is a tall order. I have my eye on Mansfield as one team to go. As for the other? Not Wycombe or Bury. Portsmouth or Accrington maybe - or us obviously? We need to keep within 2 points of safety quickly. The month of February sees a quintet of games against coastal clubs, 3 at home 2 away. 10 points out of 15 would be most welcome.
+1 On this.Just looking for a team to start dropping like a stone from the pack just above the drop zone as sometimes happens,while we go the other way.
Report Spam   Logged

"She stripped to the beat but her clothes stay on."
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 10:37:46 am »

I think Wilder will get the team moving and hopefully we'll do better in the remaining 19 games. I can't see us winning more or less half of them though.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 10:46:05 am »

just a couple of wins would turn the mood mind set around. Unfortunately it depends on those around us now but I still think it is a little too early to confidently predict relegation. For all we know some teams may struggle, even administration , injuries to key players, managers resigning, so all these things may come into play. Somebody will play the miracle card though Evil  People need to remember our shameful relegation under SG - where we somehow contrived to get relegated so perhaps now CW can do the opposite. Its all wishful thinking to certain extent but we just have to grind out a few wins and draws and keep going.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Blackadder

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 10:49:05 am »

I just cant see us staying up, the damage has already been done I think well improve under Wilder but will we improve to what must be playoff form to survive it has to be a big ask.

I dont think we have enough goals in the team to win 9 games.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: