The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:47:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

PARKER BACK AT QPR

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PARKER BACK AT QPR  (Read 1206 times)
Ted

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: October 25, 2010, 13:49:24 pm »

Well, that didn't work did it Sammo. Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 13:56:17 pm »

Another example of Sammo's man management skills (or lack of) then.

Take him off, publicly slag him off and then drop him for the next game. No wonder the lad wanted to go back to QPR.

Doubt they'll be in a hurry to loan us anyone again sometime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 13:56:24 pm »

He was s***e anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 13:57:51 pm »

He was sh*te anyway.

Thought he had talent, like a quicker Ben Marshall.

He'll go on loan again to a Club that plays him in the right position and he'll be a really usefull player, mark my words.
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 13:58:34 pm »

It wasn't just a poor managerial decision, it was a disastrous one with disastrous consequences.
Report Spam   Logged
Norfolk_In_Chance

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 14:04:12 pm »

Good riddance. Totally back Sammo on this one after his lack of effort and ill discipline i saw in the Hereford game.
Report Spam   Logged
SteveRiches

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 14:20:31 pm »

I'm not sure we can call Parker a poor player - I thought he showed some excellent touches at Cheltenham, however there's more to a player than just that, and if he has an attitude problem or something else that makes him a poor squad member, then we don't want him.
Aha, just seen that it comes down to him being miffed that he wasn't in the starting eleven at Oxford and asked to go home. He's an idiot, then. Home with Mummy is where he belongs.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 14:24:34 pm by SteveRiches » Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 14:20:35 pm »

Good riddance. Totally back Sammo on this one after his lack of effort and ill discipline i saw in the Hereford game.

Ill discipline may be, lack of effort definately not.
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 14:24:44 pm »

Lack of effort! It all went tits when he and Leon went off. Sammo could have put him upfront with McKay if he was "worried about him playing too far upfront" and kept Guinan on the bench.

As previouly stated, QPR will not rush to loan us anyone else.....
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 14:28:11 pm »

I'm not sure we can call Parker a poor player - I thought he showed some excellent touches at Cheltenham, however there's more to a player than just that, and if he has an attitude problem or something else that makes him a poor squad member, then we don't want him.
Aha, just seen that it comes down to him being miffed that he wasn't in the starting eleven at Oxford and asked to go home. He's an idiot, then. Home with Mummy is where he belongs.

So why did Sammo blindly take a player with an attitude problem?  Sounds like Rose all over again.  It's almost as bad as Alastair Slowe.
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 14:32:59 pm »

I'd rather have a temperamental Parker on the bench then Alistair effing Slowe any day.

We were crying out for an option like him on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 14:36:56 pm »

Thought he played well against Hereford.  Sammo's loan record is fast becoming a joke.  He is no Stuart Gray  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 14:40:49 pm »

I was on holiday for his whole time spent on loan with us....so therefore i have no idea what he was like, sounds like he was a bit of a big time charlie maybe?
Report Spam   Logged
TheBigPicture

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 14:43:52 pm »

Unfortunately for Sammo, Parker was playing only for himself, i bet he couldnt get away fast enough.... how embarrassing having to associate yourself with a bottom of the league side, ah Parker!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 14:44:12 pm »

I might be miffed if I was a squad player at a side top of the Championship and couldnt get into a side struggling at the wrong end of the basement division!!
As for your comment about "attitude problem or something else"....really??? A fair few players have the same sort of "problem"....you dont just cast them aside and say "we dont want him"! If that was the case Thornton wouldnt be here, we'd have got rid of McGleish when he had his strop, or Gilligan when he belted Barron! (now that might have not such a bad thing!)
Theres got to be more to this than meets the eye, or indeed it does call into question either Sammos judgement on bringing him here in the first place (remember, he'd always liked the boy, tried to get him last season etc etc etc) or it does make you wonder if he was foisted upon us without Sammos agreement anyway.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 14:47:08 pm »

Well, Cardoza was a QPR fan wasnt he .
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 14:51:28 pm »

For all of Cardozas failings i would be stunned if he was dabbling in team selections etc....although maybe it suggest why Gilligan always gets in  Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 15:12:48 pm »

Another disaster for Sammo. Don't blame the kid for wanting away all Sammo ever did was slag him off in public - what a fantastic way to nurture a young talent into the game.

Would have done well on Saturday for us as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 15:33:47 pm »

The loan record is not that bad: Johnson and Steele were both excellent last season. You can't have players demanding to be in the starting eleven, even if they have arrived to gain first team experience. He featured and scored in most of QPR's pre-season games yet was deemed surplus by Warnock who is a shrewd old beggar. Played so badly in the 45 mins he had in the Carling Cup that the fans were calling for him to be subbed, which he was. Clearly Warnock and Rs fans knew something wasn't right about the player.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
Chamois

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2010, 15:36:39 pm »

Loan signings are often hit or miss. Older fans will remember the likes of Geoff Scott and Charlie Henry. The best ones tend to be season-long ones where the player has time to feel part of the club, IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

"Every Cobblers player is a potential hero, not the villain some portray him as" (to the sound of 'All Together Now').
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: