The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 02:37:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Strikers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strikers  (Read 5877 times)
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2014, 14:53:37 pm »

Lopez will most likely be in the squad on Saturday as Diamond won't be able to play against Burton. Baby Bear is correct in that Wilder did say on Radio Northampton that Lopez was the best he could get at that time due to it being at the end of the season and teams not wanting to loan players out. He didn't sound particularly enthusiastic at the prospect of bringing him here and that has been reflected in the number of minutes he has played.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2014, 14:54:03 pm »

Oh okay.  And how long do you think people with more than half a brain should give it?  Kiss

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Baby Bear

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 15:32:19 pm »

Less.
Report Spam   Logged

@Babie_Bear_
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 18:15:20 pm »

Haha, that's funny. I wonder why Wilder took him in that case.
Beds, you might be right about Sinclair.
We all have opinions Babybear. Why should yours be any more informed than mine?

It took me 2 minutes to work out that Lopez is possibly the worst striker I have EVER seen play for us in terms of ability. He was clueless. I said on the way back that we wouldn't be seeing him play for us again...so far I've been proved right.

Wilder took a punt and it didn't work out. Cant blame him for that...but now we've got Marquis back we might as well send him back. Far prefer to see Toney or Moyo come on when we become desperate.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 18:47:38 pm »

It took me 2 minutes to work out that Lopez is possibly the worst striker I have EVER seen play for us in terms of ability.
I have to confess, that I have not seen enough of Lopez to form an opinion, but worse than Baz Savage?
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2014, 19:11:48 pm »

It took me 2 minutes to work out that Lopez is possibly the worst striker I have EVER seen play for us in terms of ability. He was clueless. I said on the way back that we wouldn't be seeing him play for us again...so far I've been proved right.

Wilder took a punt and it didn't work out. Cant blame him for that...but now we've got Marquis back we might as well send him back. Far prefer to see Toney or Moyo come on when we become desperate.

With Diamond not playing against Burton this will open up the 5th loan spot in the squad, so we'll probably see Lopez back in. He's also been used more than Toney has under Wilder, so he'll probably be the "substitute of choice"......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
j20cobbler

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2014, 20:33:41 pm »

Drilling, I have to admit I'm very surprised by what you write because I find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts. However, I disagree with you on this one. I'm not saying he is the answer but in the fleeting time he's been on he's made some runs into the box that others didn't and I don't think he's a lightweight. The worst you've ever seen. Really?
Babybear, Paul Rogers committed the perfect foul at Anfield for us on the edge of the Liverpool box. It was absolutely vital he did so, killing a breakaway which Liverpool would almost certainly have scored from. Recognising this on Rogers part required him at least to have more than half a brain.
Wilder, like a lot on here didn't rate Hope, who scored on his debut for us and also for Bury, I'd say he may have got that one wrong.
I accept Wilder may not rate Lopez as our next 20 goal a man striker but If he really is a pile of s***e or just worse than Moyo/Toney, why waste money and a loaned space on him? That's not in desperation, that's just plain bad management.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2014, 20:53:30 pm »

J20, are you really basing Rodgers solely on his ability to commit one foul? I would have liked to see more consistency myself. Which I did not see.
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2014, 21:52:38 pm »

............. Which I did not see.

Wink Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2014, 21:55:58 pm »

Babybear, Paul Rogers committed the perfect foul at Anfield for us on the edge of the Liverpool box. It was absolutely vital he did so, killing a breakaway which Liverpool would almost certainly have scored from. Recognising this on Rogers part required him at least to have more than half a brain.

He is one of the worst football players I have seen in recent years. He may literally have half a brain.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2014, 22:46:49 pm »

From what ive seen and heard sinclair couldn't hit a barn door. Maybe time to bench him and get someone that can find the net to start.
Saying that he'll probably get a hatrick against Burton now.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
j20cobbler

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2014, 09:24:45 am »

J20, are you really basing Rodgers solely on his ability to commit one foul? I would have liked to see more consistency myself. Which I did not see.
No, it was in reply to the idea that anyone who disagrees with Babybear doesn't have a knowledge of football and is therefore half brained. Didn't you 'see what I did there'......?!
Before i started posting on here Kev A was running high in the Balding stakes. I thought he was extremely poor, extremely slow and not a footballer, and said so at the time. I also said Hope was the better of AK's two loan strikers at the time (German being the other).  The new manager agreed on that occasion and he left not long after.
Assuming CW is not half-brained the same question still applies, if he thought Lopez was poor/worse than what he had why take him and use up a loaned spot?
We've probably all played football at sometime to some level, and whilst all footballers don't make managers, it does allow us opinions.
And that's what i thought this board was about.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2014, 09:29:42 am »

Assuming CW is not half-brained the same question still applies, if he thought Lopez was poor/worse than what he had why take him and use up a loaned spot?

Wasn't he signed at the last possible moment?

If so, that "spot" would have gone unused so of no use.
Report Spam   Logged

DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2014, 12:07:14 pm »

With the stikers not scoring might we see some benefit from Carter being suspended....bear with me....Carter has been immense over the past month or two and WILL be missed but if it means Ian Morris plays alongside Ravenhill then we may see more intriciate through balls or balls in behind the defence for the strikers to latch on to?

All is not lost.
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2014, 13:35:50 pm »

With the stikers not scoring might we see some benefit from Carter being suspended....bear with me....Carter has been immense over the past month or two and WILL be missed but if it means Ian Morris plays alongside Ravenhill then we may see more intriciate through balls or balls in behind the defence for the strikers to latch on to?

All is not lost.
That's a cunning plan, and If it doesn't immediately work then we launch everthing into their box and have Diamond underneath it  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2014, 13:39:40 pm »

I just remembered Diamond isn't available  Embarrassed it'll have to be Langemead then  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2014, 14:09:43 pm »

All is not lost.

ridiculous comment
Report Spam   Logged
j20cobbler

« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2014, 20:08:19 pm »

ridiculous comment

why's that then? I don't think so.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2014, 20:17:25 pm »

Drilling, I have to admit I'm very surprised by what you write because I find myself agreeing with a lot of your posts. However, I disagree with you on this one. I'm not saying he is the answer but in the fleeting time he's been on he's made some runs into the box that others didn't and I don't think he's a lightweight. The worst you've ever seen. Really?
Wilder, like a lot on here didn't rate Hope, who scored on his debut for us and also for Bury, I'd say he may have got that one wrong.
I accept Wilder may not rate Lopez as our next 20 goal a man striker but If he really is a pile of ****e or just worse than Moyo/Toney, why waste money and a loaned space on him? That's not in desperation, that's just plain bad management.

To be fair to Jennifer (who I believe is the better footballer within the family) I only saw her/him play against Wimbledon. When he was totally useless. Apparently...according to mates anyway...he looked quite good when he came on previously but I was on holiday so missed it. So yeah...my assessment was based on what I saw against the Wombles. And he was totally and utterly useless.

But I will give you one thing...he made plenty of runs and put in plenty of effort. But it wasn't matched with any level of ability and skill needed to compete at this level.

As for Paul Rogers...I liked him. Ive seen FAR FAR WORSE. Bit of a crazy horse and his technique was certainly unorthodox but he always did a job for us in my opinion! A bit like Pedj!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2014, 22:18:35 pm »

But I will give you one thing...he made plenty of runs and put in plenty of effort.
But I'm being constantly told that all you fans want is "plenty of effort shown" and "100% commitment" or does this come with conditions now?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: