The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 03:48:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Do you want Bayo back

Poll
Question: Do you want Bayo to come back
YES - 69 (54.8%)
Indifferent - 18 (14.3%)
NO - 39 (31%)
Total Voters: 116

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you want Bayo back  (Read 15672 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:57:15 am »

Be interesting to know the results of this, seeing that its been discussed no end on here and on Facebook!

Does our fan base want the big man? We all know the history, we all know his attributes and limitations in certain areas. We all know the type of service he requires. We all know he will be expensive. We all know about beast mode!

Simple answer...yes, no or indifferent.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:25:07 am »

Bayo would score at least 10 goals and I
struggle to suggest any realistic alternative.
If we had Bayo last season at the very least
our GA would have been better. This topic will bring
BettaBoy out of woodwork. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 08:25:55 am »

I don't think it would be the best use of the budget, but I cant lie that it would put a smile on my face.
Report Spam   Logged

stevecobb

View Profile
Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:29:26 am »

We would sell a lot more season tickets  if he came back.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:47 am »

I don't think it would be the best use of the budget, but I cant lie that it would put a smile on my face.
Agreed , mine too.
Not at the expense of a decent new CM and RB though.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2014, 08:37:21 am »

It might be good in the short term but remember both following seasons when he left, I'd rather not have that again. We have a 3 year plan with all these contracts, and with Bayo only getting at most a 1 year deal I'd rather it not happen.

I don't get why people don't just move on, its like a relationship where you keep sliding and go back to them...it never works and you get egg on your face, (nandos this time probably) ...its a chicken and egg situation
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:39:07 am by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 08:38:45 am »

very slim chance of him coming back looking at the current forwards we now have now at are disposal.
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 08:39:52 am »

We would sell a lot more season tickets  if he came back.

I'd buy a box
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 08:43:35 am »

Bayo or John Marquis?

Bayo or Matt Tubbs?

Bayo or Luke Norris?

There are other options...
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 08:50:11 am »

Bayo back purely based on the fact that he's my favourite cobblers player by a mile over the last few years, he's the biggest profile lower league player which if marketed correctly could have a massive positive impact, I'm confident he would still score and create chances and my kids think he's amazing.

Sign him up quick Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2014, 08:54:25 am »

Before the Rico signing, if you had a choice who would you have signed?

I know who i would have chosen!

Rico.. Rico
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 08:55:21 am »

Yes please he would score 10plus and set up three times that for RICO
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 08:56:25 am »

Given the choice it would be bayo for me
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 08:57:33 am »

If we sign up the other players required, RB, LB, CM, LM and we dont go over budget then yes I would want him back. DC knows he puts bums on seats and he loves him personally, so think he would stump up the cash. Dont want one player though to harm the quality of other positions that are still needed to be filled.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2014, 09:01:27 am »

he would compliment what we already have, but would probably too much money, and will want to come on his terms rather than Wilders.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:02 am »

To me Rico is more of a team player. which when Bayo was here it seemed all about him and when he played badly the team did. No doubt about it we where a one man team with Bayo.

Most sides that are successful and win things have a good core of players and don't seem to re lie on just one man. As good as Bayo may have been for us i do believe we have moved on for the better.   
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Mobile User Search Combination
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 09:14:14 am »

It's got to be YES......he will bring a minimum10-12 goals to the team and his hold up /link up play never seems to get the credit it deserves.

He will lift the crowd and ensure the season has the best chance of starting on the right footing....crucial we get off to a good start and never flirt with the relegation zone.

His influence and guidance to the younger players would be immense.

Just hear what the Gills players and most fans think.

But I hope he reigns back all the BMO stuff and can remain fit....while not busting the budget!

Love to see him back .....3rd time and lucky !

Bayoooo   Bayoooo
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 09:15:52 am »

It's a no from me.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 09:26:49 am »

Hell NO. Why is this even being discussed?

Get over it.

I'm delighted with the Rico signing, like it or not we have Sinclair on our books and Ivan waiting in the wings.

I'd rather not watch yet ANOTHER season of hoofing the ball to a man who's body mass is trumped only by his ego.
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2014, 09:31:41 am »

Bayo has only just turned 32, I would offer him a 2 year deal and let him retire here.

As I stated on facebook I would love to see a Bayo Vs Richards and Sinclair Vs Toney goal scoring competition next season. What an attacking foursome that would be to have at your disposal.

No team would want to defend against Bayo and Richards for 70 minutes then have to put up with Toney/Sinclair for the last 20!

What I don't understand is people saying we need to move on, Bayo should have never left.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: