The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:13:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Match Day Experience

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Match Day Experience  (Read 5978 times)
WFCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: November 15, 2010, 13:02:31 pm »

Over 400 prizes on Saturday!

Is this best place to find numbers? (also on NTFC website under Club_Lottery) or separate thread?Huh?

1st 50% Cash pot = £205               Ticket Number 04808
2nd Meal for 2 worth £80 in NTFC Exec Rest v Burton Alb, Boxing Day    09142
3rd Meal for 4 worth £48 in Red Hot World Buffet, Sixfields       01619
4th Meal worth £20 in Pizza Hut, Sixfields             04953
5th Meal from Frankie & Bennys, Sixfields            08013

ALL LOSING TICKETS WORTH £2 OFF BIG MAC MEAL, SIXFIELDS, SO £1.99 INSTEAD OF £3.99 !! EVERY WEEK no catch !

Port Vale (Away Fans draw) £20 club shop gift voucher won by Mr Givens of Stoke.

We hope to have SIX PRIZES EVERY GAME and LOSING tickets WIN as well, similar prizes to above. 

We will have LARGE BOARDS set up by each seller TO ADVERTISE prizes better. Early days guys. But feedback welcomed.

Look out for prizes from CineWorld, Go-Karting and Parking vouchers too. Hungry Horse and Bella Italia. Tell them all you are Cobblers fans so we get feedback and more prizes and Cash pot rises even higher.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 13:05:24 pm by WFCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2010, 13:22:53 pm »

ANSWERS TO POSTED FEEDBACK........

CAN'T FIND SELLER? Check not got hat on over your eyes? Most Programme sellers will have 50/50 tickets. I know some sold-out of programmes so fast they had no time to actively promote the 50/50!
Sixfields Tavern - Dan is in from about 1.20pm he doubled sales from 55 last game to 110 - well done Dan and his customers.

ROAMING - 50/50 sellers have to roam to cover ground as we have so FEW – then when enough we can all be STATIC on the obvious approaches. 

VOLUNTEERS - Always wanted please so we can make special effort to catch Abington Cobbler who runs downhill at 2.59pm who I suppose will buy ONE ticket!!?  - not an offcial approach - and we also will sell INSIDE ground (but we can’t block views) when we double sellers numbers. We hope to get all by 2.45/2,50 so we can do admin.

REMEMBER - We are unpaid fans who wish not to miss kick-off. Yes get free match tickets, but most doing it for fun as many are Season Ticket holders and we get NO commission!!  Thats right NO COMMISSION, profits to YOU and CLUB.  I give up my time in pub! I was by traffic lights opp WT Memorial (paying respects to fellow comrades). I sold out entire book of 100, last week only 70 - Thanks.
I thought we had saturated this forum but still people can't find us. No joket hats to wear so we need to tie a balloon or something!

WELL DONE THE THREE NEW YOUNG SELLERS ON DEBUTS- Tyler J who ambushed away fans (we even got PV club travel to print a note they would be ambushed!! it worked), and to Tyler & Aaron (who also did the H/T board).
Feedback to this board or direct pm to me. What more can we do? Keep it coming.

FROM Phil Andrews
PS Do you want Separate thread to find if you're a winner, to make it easy to find list of prizes? If you lose you WIN - your £1 becomes a £2 voucher from McDonalds for BIG MAC MEAL (and we hope to sign a similar deal with Frankie & Bennys too).

CHECK OFFCIAL NTFC WEBSITE NOW UNDER CLUB_LOTTERY - Was Ray Warburton lucky for you?
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2010, 13:56:49 pm »

Yep also would have bought some but couldn't find someone to buy one from.
What time, which direction? Presume from North (Duston) or South car parks?, from Sixfields Tavern? - Dan in there. We can only ambush (sorry met you) you if you tell us which way you're arriving from and the time!
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 15, 2010, 14:03:55 pm »

Ditto. I was all prepared to buy a couple as promised but couldn't see anybody selling them. Well done to those involved. Great to see the results on the board paraded at the front of the West Stand after HT.
Thanks. What time did you arrive? and from which direction - south car park? I was opp traffic lights at WT Memorial from 1.30-2.45 (not not selling during the bugle call and prayers - head bowed). WE are on main approaches, ask prog seller as they all have some. We need volunteer to parade the board at H/T every game. See other posts. Buy double v Stockport is OK by us - no upper limit!

Phil
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 15, 2010, 14:07:33 pm »

Congrats on the 50:50 scheme. I actually saw a fair few sellers today and the whole thing is much simpler
Great news - although I was begining to think I'd managed to achieve life-long ambition to become invisible! So glad you bought the 10 and hope you won! Buy 10 you say £20 off 20 Big Mac Meals!
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 15, 2010, 14:12:50 pm »

You need to tempt us with more goods sonny  Grin

OK, simply tell us what you want! miracles are taking a little longer, damn magic wand is not running on duracell.

We will have 400 prizes each game - any good?

A speedboat is no good as too far from sea. A yacht as too tall for garage? Night out with Amy?

Can you suggest a tempting offer so we can deliver? See list of prizes posted today, their worth and future ideas which we've acted upon.

Phil
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #166 on: November 15, 2010, 14:32:30 pm »

The board going round the ground with the winning tickets numbers at half time is a great idea as no one in the ground can ever understand a word on the PA.

I know you can use losing tickets for £2 off a Big Mac meal but have they got to be used within a certain time frame?
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 15, 2010, 14:37:46 pm »

The board going round the ground with the winning tickets numbers at half time is a great idea as no one in the ground can ever understand a word on the PA.

I know you can use losing tickets for £2 off a Big Mac meal but have they got to be used within a certain time frame?
We are testing new mikes. Yes 'use' the burger within 4 mins 10 seconds to beat record. Nope!
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #168 on: November 15, 2010, 14:51:07 pm »

If it has not been suggested already a seller at the base of the main steps, based there permanately would help. I only just caught the volenteers as the wandered up and down trying to catch everybody.
Very well done with your initiative and getting extra money from me.
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 15, 2010, 19:13:10 pm »

Maybe for next game it could be advertised more where sellers will be?
Would love to but only if we know we have enough to have static posts. Can you recruit anyone ? Could do with a clone of you!
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 15, 2010, 19:20:08 pm »

....a seller at the base of the main steps.....permanately would help. ....just caught the volenteers as ..wandered up and down trying to catch everybody.
Very well done with your initiative and getting extra money from me.
They roamed and did well. If stay at bottom steps (where MK sells HE fanzine) them miss folk going into turnstiles at shop end, bar etc.  Key word you say is volunteers..and trying to catch.... Eventually people will like the deals we've struck and WANT free food, 50% off burgers, a flutter, free parking etc! Slow burn - fans will come and find us !! then we will be static - promise!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #171 on: November 21, 2010, 18:40:33 pm »

I took my daughter to Sixfields fair today and took her to McDonalds after. I used my losing 50:50 ticket. The duty manager said she is sure you can only use them on match days but she let me use it so I had big mac and fries for 2 quid... Well done for setting all this up Phil!
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 21, 2010, 19:38:50 pm »

I took my daughter to Sixfields fair today and took her to McDonalds after. I used my losing 50:50 ticket. The duty manager said she is sure you can only use them on match days but she let me use it so I had big mac and fries for 2 quid... Well done for setting all this up Phil!

Thanks mate!! I'm pleased you took advantage, so many think there is a catch. The TOP manager is Clare and she decided with Sarah from Head Office LOSING tickets can be used anytime until end of 2011 (yes not even 2010 but 2011). I will get this in writing from them - but all this has been so frantic. 
I will tell Clare of the issue and will ensure all deputies are informed, I only met 3 of them and all know rules as I tested them myself!.

I bet burger tasted better at half-price too! Please support me on this "Abington" as a Winner with a Losing ticket.

Appreciate more feedback, good and bad, so I can sort, use pm if prefer.

Phil (every little helps)
Report Spam   Logged
ntfc_dan

this will be the year ;)

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #173 on: December 16, 2010, 20:09:05 pm »

Hi again guys, this is a facebook page for all you guys to keep tabs on the 50:50 / any other promotions that we maybe carrying out..

All prizes, winning numbers etc will be published on there, they will appear as a status so all of you who check there facebook on their phone on the way to the game or on the way home will be able to check the prizes / results there. obviously everyone will be able to keep tabs from their computer too..

http://www.facebook.com/dan271288#!/pages/Northampton-Town-FC-5050-Draw/162788647097775

Hopefully we can get 100+ likes by saturday!

Dan
Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2010, 21:44:00 pm »

Hi Dan

As this page is a bit old now (see date of previous post) can you copy this onto the new thread I started today please? I can't recall the title at moment as tired!! Great idea of yours for Face book.

Phil
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: