The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 11:54:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Make yourself look an O'Toole Prediction Poll

Poll
Question: Where will we end up this season?
Automatic Promotion - 35 (31.5%)
Play offs - 42 (37.8%)
Mid table to below play offs - 29 (26.1%)
Above relegation to mid table - 4 (3.6%)
Relegation dog fight - 1 (0.9%)
Total Voters: 101

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make yourself look an O'Toole Prediction Poll  (Read 3271 times)
lodgeadam

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2014, 19:39:02 pm »

After this great start to pre season, I'd be disappointed if we didn't finish in the playoffs. Must have a little bit left in the budget to play around with the loan system during the season as well.

Great start? They haven't played yet! I'm going to say 10th and upwards would mean a great season and something we can build on.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2014, 20:10:43 pm »

P.S I had Bristiol Rovers down for automatic promotion last season.  Wink
So did I!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 20:19:04 pm by betamax toploader » Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
fatblokecobbler

We all follow the cobblers.................

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2014, 20:26:38 pm »

Loving all this positivity great to see so many people saying we are`nt going to struggle,but waiting for the doom mongerers to start after our first defeat of the season Grin Grin Grin
As the saying goes we`re good on paper but then again so is a pritt stick.
But I`l join in, top 7 from the start,then end of March starts our asssualt on the top 3. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"She stripped to the beat but her clothes stay on."
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2014, 20:43:31 pm »

I've gone auto, mainly in support of my fiver each way at 20's. In fact, all my free £10 bets are going the same way. At least until they become a waste...
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 21:05:32 pm »

Voted mid table.
Anything above a repeat of last seasons jitters would be most welcome.
Oh and they haven't had time to gel yet either so its anybody's guess  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Big Dog

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2014, 21:23:55 pm »

First ever post.   Make it memorable.   PLAY OFFS??
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2014, 21:34:16 pm »

First ever post.   Make it memorable.   PLAY OFFS??
Are you related to Aidy Manns dog ?
Report Spam   Logged
Wolvo

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2014, 22:51:38 pm »

Great start? They haven't played yet! I'm going to say 10th and upwards would mean a great season and something we can build on.

Do we normally play at the start of pre season then?

I clearly meant with regards to players staying/players coming in/backroom staff coming in/injured players coming along. The rest of pre season can be purely focused towards the players gaining match sharpness/fitness as a group now.
Report Spam   Logged

Pink Army!
guest49

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2014, 00:49:03 am »

I'm not sure if 78 people are representative of the fanbase but only two of them think that we won't finish in the top half of the table, with the vast majority saying we'll be in the top 7.

Have we learnt nothing?!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
TownOwl

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2014, 01:18:07 am »

Quick people, vote for the bottom two please. Otherwise, if we have another bad season, not only will we have another terrible season, but we'll also have an unbearably smug "I told you so, I was right, everyone else was wrong" annoying git on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes           Roll Eyes
guest49

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2014, 04:24:03 am »

Quick people, vote for the bottom two please. Otherwise, if we have another bad season, not only will we have another terrible season, but we'll also have an unbearably smug "I told you so, I was right, everyone else was wrong" annoying git on here.

Well there will only be two annoying gits?  Wink
When my prediction comes right (play offs) I hope we don't do a Cobblers/Brazil in the final.
Report Spam   Logged
Gonzales

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2014, 10:47:47 am »

I'm going to be optimistic, if the new signings can gel in quickly (especially O'Toole) and we get off to a good start then we can finish in the top 7. We probably have a top 7 budget and with the form that Wilder managed to get out of the squad there's no reason why we can't hold that over a whole season. Sometimes at Northampton we have a tendency to overhaul the entire squad when things go badly, the worst case being when Johnson came in but ADB even overhauled the squad after we were 90 minutes away from promotion, and in almost every case it doesn't work.

Wilder has so far only brought in 5 new faces this summer (not counting Sinclair and Diamond as new because they were here on loan last season) and out of a total squad of 23 so far and that isn't an unreasonable number so in theory they should be able to gel easier.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2014, 10:57:28 am »

Shoemaker, I haven't got the best of memories but I would say this is the best overall squad we have had for at least a decade.
The season we finished 9th in League One in 2007/2008 was the best squad of the last decade in my opinion.

Mark Bunn, Mark Little, Jason Crowe, Daniel Jones, Bradley Johnson, Gabor Gyepes, Bayo and Poul Hubertz. What a team that was! Remember dismantling Swansea at home within 30 minutes, the same side who absolutely stormed the league that year.

Certainly in our time back in League Two though this is the strongest on paper squad that we have had, so I'd hope we'd be able to at least get Play-Offs like Aidy's team did, and with Wilder capable of winning away as well I am hopeful we can maybe finish higher!
Report Spam   Logged
felipefelop

« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2014, 13:06:51 pm »

Remember dismantling Swansea at home within 30 minutes, the same side who absolutely stormed the league that year.

I think that was the best game ive ever witnessed at Sixfields. Big Poul Hubertz absolutely dominated for us. Think Jackman scored a worldy too!

We had a really decent side that season, especially having Johnson and Coke in the middle. The two big men up top wern't half bad either. Few of those players have all gone on to have decent careers..
Report Spam   Logged
Big Dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2014, 18:40:26 pm »

Not as far as I'm aware    but us dogs do get around
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2014, 19:32:33 pm »

Mid table
Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2014, 10:00:59 am »

No he's not, but he was sniffing my bollocks in the park yesterday.

Going for an egg on my face top 7 with a play-off for Wembley with Luton and a big draw at home in the FA Cup.

Joining me with egg on his face DC, "Yes I should have put more seats in at the start of the season."
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2014, 10:33:14 am »

Mid table
Mid table!!!! Have another go while you have the chance to dream
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2014, 13:42:37 pm »

I've gone for play-offs as I am an optimist.

We look very solid. I think two points are particularly key;

1. Wilder's ability to motivate and drive.

2. Toney - We may have found a born goal scorer (a pity we didn't act more effectively on Norris and develop Moult better). I can't see enough goals from our other forwards.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2014, 10:41:38 am »

I think Drilling is the prime example of why it is best to avoid pre-season friendlies. Reading some of the comments I think some people would already be changing their vote!
At least Drilling will give it a couple of proper games.  Grin

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: