The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:50:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Sky Blues march this Saturday

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Blues march this Saturday  (Read 6701 times)
guest47

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2014, 21:39:30 pm »

They were happy to stand back and watch the owners spunk shed loads on a failed attempt at getting to the big time, and now Its pay back time,  an important time to back their club, what do they do.... Desert in their masses! Worst football fans ever Imo.

The mistake is to group them all together with one thought, there were quite a few unhappy with events long before it all went pear shaped.
It's a bit like our club but at least our fall from the promised big time has been less catastrophic.
Report Spam   Logged
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 20, 2014, 07:13:46 am »

This thread is completely f@cking embarrassing. It reminds me of the ongoing joke in The Simpsons about the rivalry and mistrust between the people of Springfield and their near neighbours Shelbyville.

I watch that stuff and think it's funny. Then it turns out people like that actually do exist. In my own town.

For balance, can I just offer this to anyone from Cov, or anywhere else, that may be reading this. I trust that you are able to recognise that this is the most narrow minded of both sides over reacting with over zealous bipartisan outrage at the throwing of fairly meek and childish insults.

Can I also just reassure you that like wherever you live, Northampton is a perfectly normal 21st Century town where tolerance and common sense prevail in the overwhelming majority.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2014, 09:41:23 am »

The guys I've spoke at Sixfields seem pretty decent on the whole.

That's not just because half of them are c*nts either.
You don't think that statement is embarrassing? I thought Monty's post was spot on.
My only concern with the ground share was how the pitch held up. That seems ok and the fixture list has taken that into account for next season. I might be in the minority but I don't care much either way but I'm sure the £250,000 a year rent is very useful.
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2014, 09:45:26 am »

It is complicated too complicated for me to be bothered with if I'm frank. The simple matter of it for me though is the fact that ordinary people are getting shafted, my sympathy lies with the people who want to support their club without politics, business or the self interest of other parties getting in the way. These aren't the people who shout and cause a fuss, spout indignation, blame others and call for their heads or throw insults around as if it is their right to do so. Ordinary people who want their club to do well, to enjoy the good times and suffer the bad, yes they may have been naive to stand by while their club stumbled into this situation without them realising the consequences but even so aren't they like the majority of football fans, they just want to turn up and support their team not get involved with a situation like this?
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2014, 10:00:08 am »

Never mind all the politics of CCFC and their supporters, the rent is a relatively small amount of money in the context of running a football club, it was always going to cause hassle or the potentially shag the pitch.

I wish DC was as imaginative about actually making money for the club than all his patter, we'll soon find out because he has absolutely no excuses or places to hide anymore.

We should never have got involved.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2014, 11:11:07 am »

I wish DC was as imaginative about actually making money for the club than all his patter, we'll soon find out because he has absolutely no excuses or places to hide anymore.

Isn't that what the shiny new directors boxes are for?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
boca negra cake

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2014, 11:13:37 am »

Wettest winter in history did sharing it "shag the pitch"?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2014, 11:39:16 am »

They were happy to stand back and watch the owners spunk shed loads on a failed attempt at getting to the big time, and now Its pay back time,  an important time to back their club, what do they do.... Desert in their masses! Worst football fans ever Imo.
still don't quite understand it do you?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
sbedscobb

« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2014, 12:50:48 pm »

still don't quite understand it do you?
Ok, put ourselves in their shoes.
The Chairman sells the club to a investment company who proceed to spend 20 million getting us into the premiership.
We are all be very happy seeing big names come in, but after a few years and still not got to the promised land and the money all spent our new owners find they have a big financial hole that needs filling and demand to take control of the stadium which is owned by the council... As the only user they threaten to play elsewhere if not given full control of the ground.

Not a very nice situation I agree, but here come the dilemma, would you still go and support the Cobblers while playing temporarily at say stadmk?

I would, I support my team not the owners.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2014, 12:56:09 pm »

And in order for your team to move forward you need to remove the owners by any means necessary, including 'starving' them out by not giving them any income as CCFC as trying to do
And no I wouldn't watch us at MK. If I wanted our owner out and the only way I felt that possible was for them to realise that owning a football club was a loss making enterprise then they wouldn't get any money from me
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Montgomery Eypoke III

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2014, 13:14:26 pm »

No I don't think it's embarrassing at all. I have attended some of their matches and unlike most had the opportunity to canvass a bit of opinion. I also have family in Coventry who are staunchly against attending games at Sixfields.

If you think you are dealing with reasonable people then like Monty you're kidding yourself. Next time they play at Sixfields pop along and try to plead a bit of common sense with some of the protestors that turn up. Once you've negotiate the tirade of personal abuse and ignorant comments about our team, support and club, you might view it differently.

I never asked them to come to a Northampton and the majority of our support would send them packing tomorrow. But a huge percentage of them have overlooked that and chosen to tar us all with the same brush. The insults delivered at their rally are mild compared to most of whst I read and hear about us. So I'm content to say that I am being restrained and polite, by only calling half of them c*nts.

Until they learn some grace and manners towards our support (not the chairman) they can get right royally fcuked.

Completely backing up my point. Don't you think people who drive down here to stand on the bank and "protest" at every home game represent the extremities?

By the way I agree completely that if this was a role reversal we'd be well p@ssed off with CCFC. The very extremes of simpledom making the most noise on here now about f@ck Cov, would be the same ones doling out the abuse to Cov for f@cking us over.

What goes around comes around I am afraid. I hope we never end up in their position.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2014, 13:36:07 pm »

Isn't that what the shiny new directors boxes are for?  Wink

Grin Ahh, tinted glass!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2014, 14:43:19 pm »

Completely backing up my point. Don't you think people who drive down here to stand on the bank and "protest" at every home game represent the extremities?

By the way I agree completely that if this was a role reversal we'd be well p@ssed off with CCFC. The very extremes of simpledom making the most noise on here now about f@ck Cov, would be the same ones doling out the abuse to Cov for f@cking us over.

What goes around comes around I am afraid. I hope we never end up in their position.

That may be so in the world of Yoghurt knitting, whale saving, green aware woolyheads but we like Cov are businesses and the first rule is never give a sucker an even break.
You can pretend to care while riffling through their back pockets for what little remains.. Its just the way of the world.

But one thing you must do whilst on the bones of your arse is to show some class, take responsibility and move on.

Cov seems to be blaming all and sundry while looking for sympathy. I've even googled 'Coventry's problems' but all that came back was 'Who gives a f***'
Report Spam   Logged
guest2235

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2014, 19:03:37 pm »

The
No I don't think it's embarrassing at all. I have attended some of their matches and unlike most had the opportunity to canvass a bit of opinion. I also have family in Coventry who are staunchly against attending games at Sixfields.

If you think you are dealing with reasonable people then like Monty you're kidding yourself. Next time they play at Sixfields pop along and try to plead a bit of common sense with some of the protestors that turn up. Once you've negotiate the tirade of personal abuse and ignorant comments about our team, support and club, you might view it differently.

I never asked them to come to a Northampton and the majority of our support would send them packing tomorrow. But a huge percentage of them have overlooked that and chosen to tar us all
with the same brush. The insults delivered at their rally are mild compared to most of whst I read and hear about us. So I'm content to say that I am being restrained and polite, by only calling half of them c*nts.
Until they learn some grace and manners towards our support (not the chairman) they can get right royally fcuked.
Why are you going to some of their games? Why call 50% of them c bombs and sink to their level? I only agreed with Monty on that point not everything. You say you didn't enjoy the abuse you got, seriously, why were you there?
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #94 on: July 21, 2014, 00:42:04 am »

Covs a dump and I really can't understand why we're all getting chubbys about them....fcuk em..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #95 on: July 21, 2014, 14:15:04 pm »

I never asked them to come to a Northampton and the majority of our support would send them packing tomorrow. But a huge percentage of them have overlooked that and chosen to tar us all with the same brush. The insults delivered at their rally are mild compared to most of whst I read and hear about us. So I'm content to say that I am being restrained and polite, by only calling half of them c*nts.

Because I didn't have to pay and I like watching football... Is that ok??

I didn't say I either disliked or liked the abuse. It just opened my eyes to why they are in the position they are. Abuse has been and is always wasted on me. In fact, I was slightly bemused by the fact that they insisted that they didn't want to be in Northampton, but took serious exception to a fellow Cobbler telling them to fcuk off then. You seem to be missing my point. I have to persist in stating that there is no right side of the fence. If there is, even their own support has failed to agree on it.

Not sure what your definition of "huge percentage" is but if you look on their message board were hardly mentioned. Some of them call sixfields "****fields" which I can deal with emotionally after years of being called wobblers by posh and diamonds fans. In fact I've seen people on there say they dont blame Cardoza for taking SISU's money.  There's a bit of bitterness, I remember a thread where they were monitoring the Oxford game and some of them were hoping we would go down but even then I remember people saying that as fans we had as much control of the situation as they did and we weren't to blame.

I also stood on the hill once on my way back from the shops and watched part of a game and when they found out I was a Cobblers fan I didn't get any abuse, in fact the lad I was chatting to was more interested in what Northampton fans thought of it all and said the same thing about Cardoza as above. Maybe you got abuse because you told them to **** off? Sometimes that happens in life.

They are in the position they are in because of their owner's tactic to get a return on their investment by not paying rent thus giving them leverage when they eventually drop legal action and negotiate with the stadium company. Its not because of anything their fans have or haven't done. They've budgeted to stay in Northampton for a while to allow this to happen under the pretense that they plan to build a new stadium somewhere, but its been a year now and all that the club have released is a cgi picture of what their new stadium is going to look like (it looked better than the picture we got of the new east stand). A high court judge reviewed the case recently and agreed that that was SISU's plan.

As for the "right side of the fence" the only disagreement their fans appear to have is whether they should actually turn up in Northampton while this ridiculous scenario goes on. None of them think they should be playing here though whether they turn up to games or not. I would think there's about two people (apart from a handful of bitter weirdos on here) that are happy with this arrangement and that's the Coventry owner lady and big Dave.

But one thing you must do whilst on the bones of your arse is to show some class, take responsibility and move on.

Not sure what they are supposed to take responsibility for when its their owner's decision to move them to another town, but I like to think you should show a bit of class whether your on the bones of your arse or in the opposite position.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 14:54:56 pm by lift tower » Report Spam   Logged

lift tower

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #96 on: July 21, 2014, 19:42:37 pm »

It's gone way past the point where anyone's going to change your opinion on it. I'll leave you to it  Kiss
id change my mind if someone came up with evidence that proved otherwise. All I see are a typical set of fans like every club has who in this case are pissed off that they've been made to play their games in another town. 
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #97 on: July 21, 2014, 22:27:45 pm »

It's gone way past the point where anyone's going to change your opinion on it. I'll leave you to it  Kiss

Grin double ouch Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2014, 16:15:33 pm »

SSN reporting that the Sky Blues could be heading back to the Ricoh sooner rather than later.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Alan Partridge

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2014, 16:32:10 pm »

SSN reporting that the Sky Blues could be heading back to the Ricoh sooner rather than later.

Been hearing rumours from all the Cov ****ty fans at work about this for the past week. Lets hope they are right! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Free to enter daily Postcode Lottery:

http://freepostcodelottery.com/?ref=241429
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: