The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:05:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Football matches I have attended as a neutral

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Football matches I have attended as a neutral  (Read 2168 times)
guest1269

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2014, 18:42:37 pm »

Tromso il Vs Olimpia Ljubljana

Slovenians were ****ing lunatics, me and this french lad had to back out of a pub as a crowed was gathering as rumors spread that we were Norwegian

Interesting because I saw NI play in Maribor a few years ago and the Slovenian locals were beer drinking comrades enjoying the company - hving said that Tromso is a very strange place - all the men are on whaling ships and the city is run totally by women......................
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:14 am »

I have a blurry memory of a couple of games years back when travelling with Marvo. Someone here was probably on the same trips and can fill in the pissed blanks?

We played at Layer Road in an early kick off, think we won 2-0 (Yay) and being in such a good moods we went on to see Ipswich v West Ham (Frank McAvennie and Co) stood with the Hammers fans and it was packed, spilled onto the pitch. Can't remember the score?

The other was Forest v Blackburn FA Cup (I think) Our game had been called off en-route possibly Mansfield? due to snow, so some idiot probably John thought it be a good game to take in. Stood in freezing conditions on the open terrace with the away fans in non-stop snow with just a jumper. Can't remember the score only the cold and that not all my parts survived. I think Ranulph Fiennes refused to go due to the cold.
At least got the City Ground in though.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2014, 09:53:12 am »

Went to Villa v Man Utd last Saturday.  Cracking game despite ref's attempt to spoil it all
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2014, 18:58:29 pm »

I have a blurry memory of a couple of games years back when travelling with Marvo. Someone here was probably on the same trips and can fill in the ****ed blanks?

We played at Layer Road in an early kick off, think we won 2-0 (Yay) and being in such a good moods we went on to see Ipswich v West Ham (Frank McAvennie and Co) stood with the Hammers fans and it was packed, spilled onto the pitch. Can't remember the score?

The other was Forest v Blackburn FA Cup (I think) Our game had been called off en-route possibly Mansfield? due to snow, so some idiot probably John thought it be a good game to take in. Stood in freezing conditions on the open terrace with the away fans in non-stop snow with just a jumper. Can't remember the score only the cold and that not all my parts survived. I think Ranulph Fiennes refused to go due to the cold.
At least got the City Ground in though.  Roll Eyes

Was on the coaches for both those games...post ZMarvo though, 2-0 at Layer Rd 11am is correct...my 2nd team in those days (86 I think) were West Ham, so good day that!
Re Forest v Blackburn, Cobbs were at S****horpe. Coaches stopped at LFE services to pick me up...I made load of calls trying to get through to Grimsby Town (playing Arsenal in FAC) to see if game on...no such tkt restrictions then. Just kept getting bloke somewhere in Cleethorpes, who said game's on! Anyway, majority rule...we ended up at Forest!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 25, 2014, 19:05:28 pm by Coolcat » Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2014, 19:01:46 pm »

Went to Villa v Man Utd last Saturday.  Cracking game despite ref's attempt to spoil it all

Did you make use of the Villa beanie hat, gloves and sweets from the ST renewal pack?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 19:06:39 pm »

Did you make use of the Villa beanie hat, gloves and sweets from the ST renewal pack?  Grin

Haha! Well remembered. The answer is no, mostly because they've gone missing over time. We didn't even use the season tickets either.
Report Spam   Logged
AidyMannsDog

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 20:42:03 pm »

Was on the coaches for both those games...post ZMarvo though, 2-0 at Layer Rd 11am is correct...my 2nd team in those days (86 I think) were West Ham, so good day that!
Re Forest v Blackburn, Cobbs were at S****horpe. Coaches stopped at LFE services to pick me up...I made load of calls trying to get through to Grimsby Town (playing Arsenal in FAC) to see if game on...no such tkt restrictions then. Just kept getting bloke somewhere in Cleethorpes, who said game's on! Anyway, majority rule...we ended up at Forest!  Grin

Cheers CC. I don't remember drinking that early but I had obviously forgot we were en-route to Scunthorpe!

You must've had a doubly good day out if you followed the Hammers too, I think they won?? I just remember being on the pitch at one point as many West Ham spilled out. Chaos! Great day.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 21:12:42 pm »

Cheers CC. I don't remember drinking that early but I had obviously forgot we were en-route to Scunthorpe!

You must've had a doubly good day out if you followed the Hammers too, I think they won?? I just remember being on the pitch at one point as many West Ham spilled out. Chaos! Great day.
1-0 West Ham (might have been Cottee) think crowd was around 18,000 with 2500-3000 Irons packing a third section behind the goal! Few West Ham and Cobbs in lower seats and running track  Grin to our right.
Report Spam   Logged
ianmac55

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 23:49:54 pm »

Last month a German friend came with me to Sixfields to see the Plymouth match.  £22 for his ticket and you know the result.

The next Saturday I went with him to see Schalke 04 v Hamburg.  My friend met me at Gelsenkirchen railway station.  We had a currywurst and caught a tram out to the Veltins Arena.  A few beers first in the Schalke Fan Club House - a large building owned by the supporters club near the arena.  Then a walk around the stadium and then a real treat.

My friend is a journalist and he had a contact in the Schalke media centre.  We had a quick tour behind the scenes, down the tunnel and onto the pitch.  The tunnel is designed to look like a coal seam - to remind the players that the club was formed by local coalminers in 1904.  Photographed on the pitch with the Schalke mascot.

Then we took our positions on the NordKurve - the terraced area at the ultras end.  Packed ninety minutes before kick-off.  Continuous chanting and flag waving and pretty continuous jumping up and down.  Smoking and drinking allowed.  Another difference is that beers are bought with a pre-loaded debit card to make service quick.

Not the greatest of matches; it finished 0 - 0.

More beers in the Fan Club House afterwards.

And the cost? 15.50 Euros (under £13) - which included a free programme and free public transport in the Rhine / Ruhr Region to and from the match.  This meant trams in Gelsenkirchen, trains to and from Düsseldorf (where I stayed for a long weekend), and the underground in Düsseldorf.

No surprise that the attendance was 62,000.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2015, 10:28:58 am »

Remarkable value.
Report Spam   Logged
Adam-NTFC

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 11:58:26 am »

Had a decent night at the Reebok last night for the Liverpool game, despite the fact we missed the first 20 minutes because of traffic! Had to watch it on my phone in the car on the way. Managed to tick another ground off the list and see Gerrard in a Liverpool shirt before he leaves, so a pretty successful evening
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2016
Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 12:14:59 pm »

Did you not see our famous win at the Reebox in 2008?

I'm going to see Inter Milan vs. Celtic later this month in the Europa League.

Report Spam   Logged
Adam-NTFC

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 16:21:19 pm »

Did you not see our famous win at the Reebox in 2008?

I'm going to see Inter Milan vs. Celtic later this month in the Europa League.

Unfortunately not, I was 13 back in 2008, my Dad couldn't get the time off work and wouldn't let me go on my own! I remember listening to it on the radio though!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2016
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 20:34:46 pm »

Got a free ticket to see Spurs V Sunderland a few weeks back. Good game, Thought the atmosphere was a bit dull to be honest. Glad im not Jewish as i would have been a tad uncomfortable with most of the chants. Danny Rose looked a class act for Tottenham. And my god don`t they bloody moan at everything.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: