The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:04:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer signings/rumours/realistic targets 2015

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer signings/rumours/realistic targets 2015  (Read 149584 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2015, 08:17:00 am »

We are in an anusual situation this summer because the nucleus of the likely starting line up is already here, and we are more top heavy with match winners than is normally the case.

What we need are players with a real winners attitude, ones that are strong, usually fit and whom will push the current lads all the way. These players are usually easier to find than the likes of Holmes, D'Athe etc so I'm not expecting any big names relative to the league we are in.

I would also rather us top up the match winner type player with younger hungrier lads, ones that are capable of playing 10-15 games as opposed to big money established ones who will expect to start every game and will get the arse if they don't.

The big money should be thrown at the goal keeper and another striker...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2015, 09:06:23 am »

Agree that our big money should be spent on a striker and keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2015, 09:28:57 am »

I just hope Wilder sees it like that.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2015, 11:43:02 am »

Oxford have done good business already...Liam Sercombe and Kemar Roofe both decent signings imo
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2015, 12:20:34 pm »

I think Holmes, D'Ath, Taylor and Byrom (as a unit) are as good as anything in this division. So much as though Roofe and Sercombe are good signings for Oxford, I'm not sure adding them either improves our best midfield line up, or brings as much benefit as a decent keeper and striker. If these are among the best available from/to clubs in this division, I'm sure we'd have been in for them (maybe we did - I don't know) if CW felt there was a need. not sure they'd come anyway if there was a chance they wouldn't be first choice.

Fair play to Oxford though...
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2015, 12:53:10 pm »

I think a new CM is a priority as well. I like Taylor and Byrom, but they can be improved on even in this league, and they really need competition as you lose one to injury and red card and we're scraping the barrel a little.
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2015, 13:40:24 pm »

I think Holmes, D'Ath, Taylor and Byrom (as a unit) are as good as anything in this division.

it isnt - not by a long way

Report Spam   Logged
Pineham_Cobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2015, 14:14:33 pm »

Jamie Ward just released by Derby that would be one hell of a signing Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2015, 14:49:32 pm »

As a Unit those 4 I would say are in the top 5 midfield in the league.

Byrom was one of the top performers in League Two with Stevenage.
Ricky Holmes was Player of the year only 12 months ago at the biggest team in the division.
Jayson Taylor has had 3 Promotions , Rochdale, Stockpot, Rotherham
D'Ath is the same age as Kemar Roofe, and D'Ath has already played 70 games in professional football has just gone over the 20 mark.

Kemar Roofe is a decent player, but he would not get ahead of D'Ath.

Priority is a Goalkeeper, Center Half, Striker. If someone in league two signs a good goalkeeper then we can moan.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2539

« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2015, 14:49:52 pm »

I think the priority we require is pace in ALL 3 sections of the team. I disagree with Drilling in that I want 4 or 5 signings to improve the team rather than suppliment the team. Currently the players are a top 10 team not top 3!
Each of the 4 or 5 signings need to be players that are team starters who will move us to a greater level of consistant play.
Report Spam   Logged
Coblerzz

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2015, 14:56:38 pm »

Village,

The team over the 46 Games is top 12 in the league.

However since the beginning of Christmas the teams was as you saw revitalized. In the form table starting from Xmas to the end of season thats what you have to judge our team on, as there was drastic changes made to it.

The poor start hindered any chances of anything, but maybe we have a top 7 squad already!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2015, 15:10:20 pm »

Village,

The team over the 46 Games is top 12 in the league.

However since the beginning of Christmas the teams was as you saw revitalized. In the form table starting from Xmas to the end of season thats what you have to judge our team on, as there was drastic changes made to it.

The poor start hindered any chances of anything, but maybe we have a top 7 squad already!

over the last 20 games we were 10th in the form guide

last 25 games, we were 8th

i too would like the signings to strengthen the team, not supplement it.
Report Spam   Logged
A view from the east

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2015, 16:49:49 pm »

over the last 20 games we were 10th in the form guide

last 25 games, we were 8th

i too would like the signings to strengthen the team, not supplement it.

This.
The squad players that supplemented the first team when injuries took hold last season were on the whole distinctly average and over the course of the whole season it finally reflected on our finishing position. As we stand at the moment we are a mid table side, nothing more.
We need players to come in who will fight for and be good enough to hold down first eleven places.
This is why considerations currently being given to the likes of Bodin and Newey are worrying. 
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 16:52:12 pm by A view from the east » Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2015, 17:11:54 pm »

Jamie Ward just released by Derby that would be one hell of a signing Tongue

Going 2 Wolves
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2015, 20:10:59 pm »

I have to admire CW's ability of keeping his cards close to his chest. According to the Chron he has a list of his targets - some are even close to signing - but nobody on here has a clue. This is unprecedented.
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
guest2487

« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2015, 20:32:52 pm »

Striker that was on loan at Mansfield is signing isn't he?
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2015, 21:06:10 pm »

Vadaine Oliver............
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2015, 21:16:40 pm »

I'd be happy with that.
Report Spam   Logged
Oxford1

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2015, 22:03:22 pm »

Alfie potter released from the real dons could be a good shout

Alfie potter was a cracking player for us (Oxford) has had 2 pretty serious injuries over the past 2/3 years including one almost career ending tackle by a Bristol rovers player, a fully fit, confident potter I think would be a good signing for you, there is a lot of talk of him going to Eastleigh though
Report Spam   Logged
Oxford1

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2015, 22:05:52 pm »

Oxford have done good business already...Liam Sercombe and Kemar Roofe both decent signings imo

Hopefully a few more in next week and we will have done our business pretty early
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: